Recent Topics

Ads

Ranked Order mayhem

Let's talk about... everything else
kryss

Ranked Order mayhem

Post#1 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:12 pm

So just today, first 2 matches:

1) an RP with 1100 MMR or something like that dies at first inc, stays dead for the whole rest of the game, doesn't even speak or do anything else besides staying dead. Then drops off party when Destro are starting to cap flag.

2) slayer has to assist, "will you assist"? "Sure". Never hits my same target for the entire time he's alive, doesn't dump his rage when focused, dies, then doesn't accept ress for the rest of the game.

/ranked day over for me :)

At least before the rework people who joined would at least TRY to be decent, now I am guessing they just farm 10 ranked played games for the 100 emblems reward?
I have no other explanation than this, I mean... W-T-F.
Last edited by kryss on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Twyxx

Re: Ranked Order mayhem

Post#2 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:15 pm

At the moment the ranked population is too small to really put in any grouping system based on MMR. Maybe with all the people coming in to get the rewards eventually there will be enough to do so...

BelligerentBob

Post#3 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Dont blame the RP. Your tanks did a **** job too.

I'm actually enjoying how random the matches are on Order. I've won a ton of matches with ranged players like Dwoff and Rahun. Thriving in this chaos :lol:
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

kryss

Post#4 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:54 pm

BelligerentBob wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:41 pm Dont blame the RP. Your tanks did a **** job too.

I'm actually enjoying how random the matches are on Order. I've won a ton of matches with ranged players like Dwoff and Rahun. Thriving in this chaos :lol:
speaking about tanks, I was in a ranked game in which they both guarded the same dps for the entire match

Klod91

Post#5 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:55 pm

I haven't played to many matches since patch (14), but they were decent.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#6 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 pm

kryss wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:12 pm So just today, first 2 matches:

1) an RP with 1100 MMR or something like that dies at first inc, stays dead for the whole rest of the game, doesn't even speak or do anything else besides staying dead. Then drops off party when Destro are starting to cap flag.

2) slayer has to assist, "will you assist"? "Sure". Never hits my same target for the entire time he's alive, doesn't dump his rage when focused, dies, then doesn't accept ress for the rest of the game.

At least before the rework people who joined would at least TRY to be decent, now I am guessing they just farm 10 ranked played games for the 100 emblems reward?
1) If you mean that player went afk purposely then you can report him with enough evidence.

2) Not all players can play as competitive/good as the others and that's part of any game. I know that's frustrating as well but sadly nothing but will change, especially if someone was toxic to someone new/learning.

kryss

Post#7 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:07 am

GamesBond wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:44 pm
kryss wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:12 pm So just today, first 2 matches:

1) If you mean that player went afk purposely then you can report him with enough evidence.

2) Not all players can play as competitive/good as the others and that's part of any game. I know that's frustrating as well but sadly nothing but will change, especially if someone was toxic to someone new/learning.
The guy seemed to be well known in main server chats, when some people who were in my party openly talked about him. So yeah, maybe it wasn't the first time. Anyway, it doesn't change much: gathering info, explaining, etc is just a waste of time: as you said, for one that you ban, there always be other people who will ruin matches, for incompetence, carelessness or on purpose. This also happens everywhere: pve, rvr, etc, but the structure and design of ranked games and grind make these inconveniences less fixable: you got one missing piece of the six, and then it's over 99% of the time. I will just play ranked a bit more and see if things get better, otherwise I'll simply skip the content

Likeaboss

Post#8 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:22 am

I only played solo ranked in swtor, so i like the type of gameplay and had the motivation to do the same here...

But since this is a RvR game, solo ranked does not seem to be a priority for most people.

Most thing i like is, when i see in /3 or /5 chat: "two more tanks for ranked solo plz"
and then they post discord data :lol: thats what defines ranked SOLO :P
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:12 am

kryss wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:07 am
The guy seemed to be well known in main server chats, when some people who were in my party openly talked about him. So yeah, maybe it wasn't the first time. Anyway, it doesn't change much: gathering info, explaining, etc is just a waste of time: as you said, for one that you ban, there always be other people who will ruin matches, for incompetence, carelessness or on purpose. This also happens everywhere: pve, rvr, etc, but the structure and design of ranked games and grind make these inconveniences less fixable: you got one missing piece of the six, and then it's over 99% of the time. I will just play ranked a bit more and see if things get better, otherwise I'll simply skip the content

1. take screenshot from start with scoreboard.
2. take screenshot at the end with scoreboard.
3. make good angle to include him inside screenshot. edge of scoreboard have enough room to show 1 character.
4. repeat 3 times, total 6 shots.
show servertime.

it's enough evidence that it's not dc or RL aggro but intentional.

get rid of trolls, it's far more productive than QQ
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

dirnsterer

Post#10 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:17 pm

Stop pugging ranked. Just get a group together, setup a 6vs6 and do that if you wish to have engaging fight with competition.