Recent Topics

Ads

NordenWatch Scenario Guide for Winners

Let's talk about... everything else
Dreadstone

NordenWatch Scenario Guide for Winners

Post#1 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:56 pm

1) DPS is king. Don't listen to the noobs telling you anything else.

2) Starting out. Take your time. You're a WINNER. Winners can leave the starting area whenever they want. So what if you wait 15 seconds before exiting, meaning the other team is already at Fortress. You're a WINNER

3) Tank Guide. See (1). That means 2-H spec baby. Pew pew and all. Pump up those numbers.
Guard? Pfft. Guard is for losers. Why waste a GCD before the match even starts GUARDING? If they wanted to be guarded, let them roll up their own tank.

4) Heals. What? Healing is for losers, and you're a WINNER. Why bother healing somebody when can can shoot your underpowered spell at somebody who is at 100% health? Because DPS baby.

5) Objectives. Screw that noise. What's a map? 'M' key you say? Never heard of it. I DPS.

6) Getting healed. Make sure you yell at your "healer" for doing DPS, trying to take your spot as the # 1 DPS.

7) Back to Objectives. Make sure you stop short and let the other team sit on top of the Fortress. Everyone knows that it's easier to take a node than defend a node. Besides, if you let them sit there while they capture it? More DPS for you.

8) Ignore healers. Healers have shields or something, and they are tough to kill. Not enough DPS. You need to CHASE melee and do that sweet, sweet, DPS.

(The above is sarcasm. Sort of)

Ads
tazdingo

Re: NordenWatch Scenario Guide for Winners

Post#2 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:07 pm

9) reflect on your losses and come up with things that you yourself, not just your teammates, could maybe have done better

10) queue up again and lead by example

Bavradai

Post#3 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 pm

11) When in doubt? Shout em out! Find someone on the scoreboard who is underperforming and begin publicly flogging them for all of your team to see. This will cause them to suddenly buck up their ideas. However, if you are the one underperforming then it is clearly due to the inability of others.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:30 pm

Bavradai wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 pm 11) When in doubt? Shout em out! Find someone on the scoreboard who is underperforming and begin publicly flogging them for all of your team to see. This will cause them to suddenly buck up their ideas. However, if you are the one underperforming then it is clearly due to the inability of others.
While most of these are sarcastic, abusing your team mates is a bad idea. Not only does it have an opposite effect, you might catch a GM visit, and they're not nice.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Bavradai

Post#5 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:30 pm
Bavradai wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:27 pm 11) When in doubt? Shout em out! Find someone on the scoreboard who is underperforming and begin publicly flogging them for all of your team to see. This will cause them to suddenly buck up their ideas. However, if you are the one underperforming then it is clearly due to the inability of others.
While most of these are sarcastic, abusing your team mates is a bad idea. Not only does it have an opposite effect, you might catch a GM visit, and they're not nice.
Honestly, I think I've only seen it once or twice in my year and half playing. People are very friendly here, I feel.

zulnam

Post#6 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:55 pm

Imagine if you would've put the effort in making an actual scenario guide.

I know; where's the whine in that, right?
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

space44

Post#7 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:07 am

this post is sarcastic but ironically the scenarios ive been in after this post has been made had a bunch of dps AMs leading the charge winning every match with at least 12 deathblows
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

sharpblader

Post#8 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:09 am

Dreadstone wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:56 pm 1) DPS is king. Don't listen to the noobs telling you anything else.

2) Starting out. Take your time. You're a WINNER. Winners can leave the starting area whenever they want. So what if you wait 15 seconds before exiting, meaning the other team is already at Fortress. You're a WINNER

3) Tank Guide. See (1). That means 2-H spec baby. Pew pew and all. Pump up those numbers.
Guard? Pfft. Guard is for losers. Why waste a GCD before the match even starts GUARDING? If they wanted to be guarded, let them roll up their own tank.

4) Heals. What? Healing is for losers, and you're a WINNER. Why bother healing somebody when can can shoot your underpowered spell at somebody who is at 100% health? Because DPS baby.

5) Objectives. Screw that noise. What's a map? 'M' key you say? Never heard of it. I DPS.

6) Getting healed. Make sure you yell at your "healer" for doing DPS, trying to take your spot as the # 1 DPS.

7) Back to Objectives. Make sure you stop short and let the other team sit on top of the Fortress. Everyone knows that it's easier to take a node than defend a node. Besides, if you let them sit there while they capture it? More DPS for you.

8) Ignore healers. Healers have shields or something, and they are tough to kill. Not enough DPS. You need to CHASE melee and do that sweet, sweet, DPS.

(The above is sarcasm.Sort of)
Nice "guide" please sticky

Ads
Rumpel

Post#9 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:59 am

Am i wrong or is order mostly first on fort? They are taking it while destro hasn't even reached it.

@Guide: Made by Donald Trump for real winners?
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

Martok

Post#10 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:19 am

zulnam wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:55 pmImagine if you would've put the effort in making an actual scenario guide.

Never pass up an open invitation for shameless self-promotion. I know, the video is a bit dated, but most of the fundamentals still apply. And it was one of my early efforts. But still...

Click here to watch on YouTube
Blame It On My ADD Baby...