Recent Topics

Ads

Protection and Cleanses

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
M0rw47h

Protection and Cleanses

Post#1 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:23 pm

Would be nice to see cleansed dots "possible dmg" added to protection chart, so people will learn to value cleanses higher.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: Protection and Cleanses

Post#2 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:34 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:23 pm Would be nice to see cleansed dots "possible dmg" added to protection chart, so people will learn to value cleanses higher.
As dots are calculated per tick, it would be impossible to measure the dmg, which is actually reduced by cleansing.
Dying is no option.

M0rw47h

Post#3 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:36 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:34 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:23 pm Would be nice to see cleansed dots "possible dmg" added to protection chart, so people will learn to value cleanses higher.
As dots are calculated per tick, it would be impossible to measure the dmg, which is actually reduced by cleansing.
Remaining ticks x non-crit dmg based on modifers while cleansing.
Imho in most cases they would cause more dmg, but that still better information than no information.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:32 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:36 pm
Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:34 pm
Remaining ticks x non-crit dmg based on modifers while cleansing.
Imho in most cases they would cause more dmg, but that still better information than no information.
And if that player had used absorb, they would have gotten no damage at all. Cleansing this hypothetical damage is similar to overheal. I would prefer hard factual data and no "it could be".
Dying is no option.

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:59 pm

SORC WOP crits target 3k

Under normal conditions on a squishy target.

But what if Sorc had 0 DM and had Challenge debuff and DB debuff and RT debuff and was INT debuffed and target had extra resis buff from WP M4 and extra toughness buffs, the WOP might have critted 400 or 300 noncrit or maybe just 100?
Did the healer in question "deny" 100, 300, 400, 800, 1500 or 3000 worth of dmg?

M0rw47h

Post#6 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:23 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:59 pm SORC WOP crits target 3k

Under normal conditions on a squishy target.

But what if Sorc had 0 DM and had Challenge debuff and DB debuff and RT debuff and was INT debuffed and target had extra resis buff from WP M4 and extra toughness buffs, the WOP might have critted 400 or 300 noncrit or maybe just 100?
Did the healer in question "deny" 100, 300, 400, 800, 1500 or 3000 worth of dmg?
Assuming it would be as I've suggested in 2nd post, it would count as non-crit with all damage modifers (challenge/DB based on her reduced Int and buffed resistances) so kinda low ;)

I'd rather have it undervalued a bit, rather than have it "no meaning" scoreboard wise like now. Someone could think healer who never cleases is better...

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:43 am

Really looks too hard to calculate with so many variables along all duration of 1 dot...i think that only showing the raw number of cleanses could be ok.

Also there are "other things" more valuable that can be cleansed => Cd increasers, heal debuffs, CC´s, dmg/stat debuffs....really i dont care that much about dots but this others "cleansed things".

zulnam

Post#8 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:30 pm

For starters how about a "successful cleanses" number displayed under protection?

I agree, it would be nice. Not sure how much work it would require though. Also as emiliorv said, What is more valuable? A dot with 3 ticks remaining or a heal debuff? Depends on a lot of things.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads