Recent Topics

Ads

I'm dealing like 30-40 damage per hit on average to other players and taking around 270 per hit. What gives?

Let's talk about... everything else
DethDuffa

I'm dealing like 30-40 damage per hit on average to other players and taking around 270 per hit. What gives?

Post#1 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:59 pm

So I just got back into this game after about a year or two of not playing it, and hopped on my black orc character and tried doing some scenarios. After doing a couple of matches I noticed that pretty much every other player is doing ABSURDLY higher damage than I am. Am I missing something? I really don't know why my damage is so comparatively low.

Ads
sighy

Re: I'm dealing like 30-40 damage per hit on average to other players and taking around 270 per hit. What gives?

Post#2 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:13 pm

Could be a number of reasons... gear gap, level, challenge, DB, build, comp, etc.

Mystry
Suspended

Re: I'm dealing like 30-40 damage per hit on average to other players and taking around 270 per hit. What gives?

Post#3 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:33 pm

Without starting a big shitflinging argument (and I promise I'm really not trying to start one right now), it's probably because of the armor meta. Right now the 'metagame' is to generally stack armor talismans and pots out the wazoo to massively reduce damage taken.

Rydiak

Post#4 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:55 pm

DethDuffa wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:59 pm So I just got back into this game after about a year or two of not playing it, and hopped on my black orc character and tried doing some scenarios. After doing a couple of matches I noticed that pretty much every other player is doing ABSURDLY higher damage than I am. Am I missing something? I really don't know why my damage is so comparatively low.
What is your Strength? What is your Weapon Skill/armor penetration?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

billyk

Post#5 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:58 pm

Mystry wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:33 pm Without starting a big shitflinging argument (and I promise I'm really not trying to start one right now), it's probably because of the armor meta. Right now the 'metagame' is to generally stack armor talismans and pots out the wazoo to massively reduce damage taken.
I think it's Toughness. When I go full WS I do less damage than with full STR as a Slayer.

DethDuffa

Post#6 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 pm

Rydiak wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:55 pm
DethDuffa wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:59 pm So I just got back into this game after about a year or two of not playing it, and hopped on my black orc character and tried doing some scenarios. After doing a couple of matches I noticed that pretty much every other player is doing ABSURDLY higher damage than I am. Am I missing something? I really don't know why my damage is so comparatively low.
My strength is around 300, and my weapon skill is around 200 at rank 31, and if that's why there's such a colossal difference between the damage I deal and the damage I receive, then christ that honestly sounds a little ridiculous, especially considering that I have ~600 toughness and 2000+ armor yet STILL take nearly 300 damage from quite a few attacks.

Sulorie

Post#7 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:05 am

You talk about rvr?

Nevertheless you shouldn't worry too much about your damage, it's not your job in a party, especially at that rank.
What targets you are hitting?
Dying is no option.

Rydiak

Post#8 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:57 am

DethDuffa wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:06 pm
Rydiak wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:55 pm
My strength is around 300, and my weapon skill is around 200 at rank 31, and if that's why there's such a colossal difference between the damage I deal and the damage I receive, then christ that honestly sounds a little ridiculous, especially considering that I have ~600 toughness and 2000+ armor yet STILL take nearly 300 damage from quite a few attacks.
Yea, you have effectively no offensive stats. Most classes base toughness will reduce that 300 strength to sub 100.
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Ads
BeautfulToad

Post#9 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:04 pm

Yup, you need more strength. RoR generally discourages hybrid builds. If you go 2handed tank, you are maxing str first. It used to be that you need at least 700 str on a 2hander at 40, that's prob higher now. At 31, you could presumably get at least +100 or so from Talismans pretty cheaply, and you presumably can get +72, or perhaps +120, at least from renown pts. That might get you to 500, and you can see how it performs in t3 SCs.

There was a thread on the WS calculations a while ago, and i believe you were better stacking str until certain point then stacking WS.

Noslock

Post#10 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:10 pm

they are in sovereign endgame armour and u are in conqueror.enuff said.Oh wait u not even 40 so probably bolster is even helping you out.Get to 40 and start gear up fast.The only thing u should not be able to kill as a geared bo are geared healers and good sm.