Recent Topics

Ads

3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sever1n

Re: 3 simple changes that would make Heal Archmage from Good to Great

Post#51 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:03 pm

Well i just wanted end of **** storm, dont like when i must defend each word from my statement from cultists who say that '' 99.9% of heal am of server is underperforming''. And yes getting contrib from res and debuffing is dif universe too me coz i literally do that every city and still all contrib goes to WP. BTW if heal is so good why its reworking then?) and about triggering this is nothing compare to 2hours of pain and frustration on week events from sov nooblords, so tnx but im fine.

Ads
detrap

Post#52 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:02 am

Sever1n wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:03 pm Well i just wanted end of **** storm, dont like when i must defend each word from my statement from cultists who say that '' 99.9% of heal am of server is underperforming''. And yes getting contrib from res and debuffing is dif universe too me coz i literally do that every city and still all contrib goes to WP. BTW if heal is so good why its reworking then?) and about triggering this is nothing compare to 2hours of pain and frustration on week events from sov nooblords, so tnx but im fine.
For now just party with an WW SM and spec EoV for city and you'll do some amazing things.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ysaran

Post#53 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:46 am

Sever1n wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:03 pm if heal is so good why its reworking then?
AM had a different mechanics on live. Here, they buffed the AM and it was broken af, so they changed the mechanics to nerf him. But Devs stated from the beginnin that this new mechanics (the one we have atm) was just temporary.

P.S. that happened more or less 2 years ago, se it quite some time that we are waiting for this rework. From a gameplay perspective the rework is neede because the mechanics is to slow compared from how the class was concieved.
Zputadenti

Caduceus

Post#54 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:15 am

The main reason AM/Shaman need to have their mechanic reworked is not because they underperform, but because it's just very strange that their mechanic is almost entirely unusable in practical ways. I think it was made with hybrid playstyles in mind, but such playstyles seem unviable.

It seems over time AM/Shaman received buffs to compensate for their lackluster mechanic, so any mechanic rework needs to take this into account. Simply giving current state AM/Shaman a useful mechanic would completely break the balance.

I also think any that argue AM/Shaman is weak, need to address the fact that the classes are in fact very popular. There must be some allure there, just like with WH/WE.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

havartii

Post#55 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:26 am

detrap wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:12 pm
Sever1n wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:00 pm Only big numbers on am u can get is from pumping mellezone nonstop with EoV. That means that u need SM ww. Also it means that your build will be look like funnel puddle eov. No moral pumps aoe cleanses and other ****. Then when u finally be ready to do that, destro side will rememver 2 fact about AM - instares and squishi. And now u got - 50% debuff to your heal time due to 4-10 dps over your ass, trying to kill you, while wp drink coffee watch films and press random buttons. If am/shammie dont die no one die. In my opinion shammies >am coz they have 2def tactics for run autodetaunt, tough boost hot, 2 ww choppa/bork for heal pumping, and even mass moale pump trough ere we go. How do you beat that on am? Best healer? Yeah ofcourse if u left alone and nonstop spam eov in mellezone. That will work only against idiots. And on top of all am havezero chances to have normal party in city, hes a slave to WW, and on top of that all contrib in city will go to WP, coz you '' utility focused''. How to fix am? Easy. Nerf doc/wp. They are in to sweet spot. Let them feel all the pain that am feel every single city. This theme is sucked over years and nothing changed, so why do you think just random changing of few skills will change situation? Devs just need create am go to city, feel all frustration by themselves and then fix all, assburning moments for class. In a billion ways that already been suggested. Its complicating coz making heal good may reflect in that dps am become broken. And '' broken'' is a squig rightfull place.
If your AM is dying instantly in city, they are geared incorrectly/not getting focused heals/no guard/positioning, which is the same for any other light armour class. No difference. Get those right and you can EoV spam all you like.
This detrap guy triggers me, like it's just so easy to find a dedicated SM to spam Whispering Winds for you and guard you so you can compete with other healers. Even within your own guild and discord it's rare.. But he makes it seem like there is thousands of them just waiting to buff you and your doing it all wrong. :evil:
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Caduceus

Post#56 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:50 am

havartii wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:26 am

This detrap guy triggers me, like it's just so easy to find a dedicated SM to spam Whispering Winds for you and guard you so you can compete with other healers. Even within your own guild and discord it's rare.. But he makes it seem like there is thousands of them just waiting to buff you and your doing it all wrong. :evil:

No one said being competitive was going to be easy.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

detrap

Post#57 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:59 am

Sever1n wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:00 pm Only big numbers on am u can get is from pumping mellezone nonstop with EoV. That means that u need SM ww. Also it means that your build will be look like funnel puddle eov. No moral pumps aoe cleanses and other ****. Then when u finally be ready to do that, destro side will rememver 2 fact about AM - instares and squishi. And now u got - 50% debuff to your heal time due to 4-10 dps over your ass, trying to kill you, while wp drink coffee watch films and press random buttons. If am/shammie dont die no one die. In my opinion shammies >am coz they have 2def tactics for run autodetaunt, tough boost hot, 2 ww choppa/bork for heal pumping, and even mass moale pump trough ere we go. How do you beat that on am? Best healer? Yeah ofcourse if u left alone and nonstop spam eov in mellezone. That will work only against idiots. And on top of all am havezero chances to have normal party in city, hes a slave to WW, and on top of that all contrib in city will go to WP, coz you '' utility focused''. How to fix am? Easy. Nerf doc/wp. They are in to sweet spot. Let them feel all the pain that am feel every single city. This theme is sucked over years and nothing changed, so why do you think just random changing of few skills will change situation? Devs just need create am go to city, feel all frustration by themselves and then fix all, assburning moments for class. In a billion ways that already been suggested. Its complicating coz making heal good may reflect in that dps am become broken. And '' broken'' is a squig rightfull place.
If your AM is dying instantly in city, they are geared incorrectly/not getting focused heals/no guard/positioning, which is the same for any other light armour class. No difference. Get those right and you can EoV spam all you like.
Not that hard when a warband is being formed to request to be paired with a WW SM, discord is a bonus.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ysaran

Post#58 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 am

Guys, just to be clear: EoV isn't must have outside of wb. When you are playing in party you can just spec for Funnel Essence. It's not like that you can't play AM without a SM in party with you
Zputadenti

Ads
Caduceus

Post#59 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:00 am

Exactly. AM is perfectly fine is average warbands, and that it requires some synergy to be good in competitive warbands is no different for many other classes, and in my opinion a non-issue.

havartii

Post#60 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:30 am

detrap wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:59 am

Not that hard when a warband is being formed to request to be paired with a WW SM, discord is a bonus.
When your dps struggles to get a guard never mind it having to be an SM it just so easy I know. Not to mention most of them are dps so guarding a squishy AM is not high on their list of priorities. Not that hard LOL
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change