Recent Topics

Ads

[Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Let's talk about... everything else
lyncher12

Re: [Opinion] Cities Are 'Meh' For A Few Reasons.

Post#51 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:35 am

I do really like the shared royals idea. Its the easiest solution to this "problem". Though of course people would still cry they have to play something other than their shitty engineer

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#52 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:54 am

Detangler wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:27 am
No rule changes or meta shift will help all the solo queue DPS pug order players.

Can you change the stage rules around and push smaller scale stuff that welcomes single target damage on at least some stages? Absolutely.
I bet there could be a way to help solo or duo players (if that's a matter that Devs or players care about)

That actually sounds good, pushing smaller scale stuff in stages. And about those ideas, I could agree on some, not all, but i like the way you think.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

wonshot

Post#53 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:59 am

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:35 am I do really like the shared royals idea. Its the easiest solution to this "problem". Though of course people would still cry they have to play something other than their shitty engineer
it would also help that "my career doesnt have a viable aoe build and noone wants to take me into the few singletarget assist group" that some WH/WEs might face.
I like the idea of account wide royals, you can help your guild bringing the meta class but still gear your solo-toons in the process. hopefully better quality fights as a result while not every career need to be aoe viable.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

adapter
Suspended

Post#54 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:16 am

wonshot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:59 am
lyncher12 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:35 am I do really like the shared royals idea. Its the easiest solution to this "problem". Though of course people would still cry they have to play something other than their shitty engineer
I like the idea of account wide royals, you can help your guild bringing the meta class but still gear your solo-toons in the process. hopefully better quality fights as a result while not every career need to be aoe viable.
Or more like, I'm bad with my alts and i'm only good with this aoe meta class, that the only way i get lots of royals is by playing on a 24wb premade aoe train, so yeah, let me easily farm these royals so i can gear these other toons that are not meant for a 24wb city premade. Which i totally get it, probably it's hard for you to farm royals with your alts/solo spec/single target toons.

This new queue system have screwed up the solo/duo queues. I farmed 2 royal sets playing only rSH queuein solo and duo all the times, had no problem farming royals before, but now, with the current queue system, it's almost impossible to get a pop.

Good thing we get Royals on rvr bags thou.

detrap

Post#55 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:20 am

Cities should not accommodate to solo queueing. Even if it did, then you would see the side of solo players join discord and dominate the other side, the complaints won't end.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

wonshot

Post#56 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:51 am

adapter wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:16 am .... probably it's hard for you to farm royals with your alts/solo spec/single target toons.
....farmed 2 royal sets playing only rSH queuein solo and duo all the times, had no problem farming royals before, but now, with the current queue system, it's almost impossible to get a pop....
So you halfass a personal assumption-attack post where you assume I post for just my own good. Yet the ending of your post seem to reflect that your own selfishness is getting in the way of Change and ideas. How ironic :D

I couldnt care less about how I would get my own royals, i put in the effort needed, and right now very low effort is required with the matchmaking as its pug-friendly and anti 24man.
Ive grinded 3sets mainly 24man queueing in the spring and 500 spare.
And 24royals from my warlord/sove mix completed on the SH where i mostly ran a 12man assisting of a dpsdok, and being one of the few who actually assist within the first second of a targetswap as im sure others can confirm who ive ran with. So any other fantacies you want me to burst for you? :lol:

The changes to the citymatchmaking should tecnically have made it easier for you to get in when you are pugging, but the 42%order population during cities might be the real enemy you seek.
Here assist of me on the Citylogging, thats the correct target for your frustration :roll:

Accountwide or realmwide, atleast, royal crests could poentially help the matcmaking in terms of more players dont feel their undesired careers prevent them from progression while helping make better fights, but then again im just looking out for myself here right and not the overall quality of fights :?:
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

adapter
Suspended

Post#57 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:52 am

wonshot wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:51 am
So....
damn, that's some quality projection right there.

dirnsterer

Post#58 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:27 am

Wam wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:27 pm
dirnsterer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:16 pm
Wam wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:01 pm
If they want it to be truely competitive PVP... we need rewards bounded to our account, so we can min max and play whats needed, not lowbie alt number 7 that needs gear...
This always bothers me, competitive pvp in rvr game with a warband scale. On live you had to bring your A-game if there were other warbands that brought their A-game to the table, people were on their goddamn mains then and there were no pity trade off royals for alts even then. Or just go play 6vs6 to be competetive, or just go play some dota or CSGO or whatever that revolves around that **** (Do not need to gear alts on those games). And you have mentioned about the fighting spirit a few times too, how about you shape up, do a proper **** warband and stop gearing some millionth alt. Sounds like you want some glorified grind simulator out of this. Competitive my ass.
Edit: My point overall being, why do you care about some stupid ass royals if you are looking for competitive fights. Just go and find the fights and fight them.
when you play both sides, you have to do twice the gearing... when you have 24 40's... that is alot of alts also :roll:

When certain people are missing or certain classes get nerfed, it is best to move around or just for fun... i played chosen for years leading destro... thousands of medals i never cash in and thousand more i passed for others... i would not play the game anymore if i was just a chosen bot, order community would not be what it is now if i kept stomping on it back in the day when there was 60 people online EU primetime being zerged if we didn't swap and save some respectful guilds from trauma. Nothing left to fight = zzzz.

we have already done proper warband bro, its why we get alot of salt from people when we point out that it can be done, and when our millionth alts are generally good enough and need the gear anyways, it doesnt matter if you lose in the current system or if you solo, only matters if you get a pop tbh...

Cities are about gearing, some people have the weird notion they are about competitive fights, if they want to make them about competitive fights account bound rewards is the way to go if you want min maxed setups... otherwise its just filler random alt and go with who needs/wants and make them best out of it... bringing full sov wb all the time when they dont need it anymore is overkill and you don't earn anything, it gets bounded to characters its wasted on... (see global rewards) it would also give order a possible solution to their over stacking of niche classes that are unloved/unwanted if some people had the mentality of playing a support class to increase their chances of win/team to gear their unwanted dps char... but most people have the solo mememememe mentality of instant pops, wins without any effort or team building ... but what i do know :lol:
Boo hoo! How about you play less characters then. You do not need to gear every single goddamn character in this game, you can do just fine having multiple flexible choices and have them properly geared. The city has never ever been then... how you say "COMPETITIVE". Not during live times, certainly not now. But during live times we managed just fine to bring proper warbands in for fights into the city, even when people had damned full sov. That competitive part is also as you say A PLAYER PROBLEM, as are things that stem on order side all the time you moan about like just listen to yourself making excuses. Not a damned token sov farming simulator will fix that either. Seems like people still really really need the hamster wheel and the game is less and less about fighting with that sort of mentality but hey, if that is you, have fun.

Edit: Will also say one more foible I have about all this moaning. You have pointed multiple times people should group up etc. because it is MMO. Well it is a MMO and not a competitive game, so live with it. You do not play one character and shovel all the loot to your alt you want to play competitively in WoW which mind you has a way more competitive scene than WAR has had when it comes to PVP.

Ads