Recent Topics

Ads

Healing contribution in fort

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
messerjockel

Healing contribution in fort

Post#1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:53 pm

No evidence, just a feeling.
I am healing and rezzing tons of player in forts but when it comes to contribution iam ending up in the 120-159 place and that feels strangely low.
Would a GM mind to check the fort contribution formula if healing actually contributes please?

Mikawa

Ads
amagawd

Re: Healing contribution in fort

Post#2 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:29 am

And while you're at it, check contribution for tanks as well. I'm getting lots of heals on me, I'm guarding lots of damage, eating lots of additional damage, taunt correctly, sacrifice for the group. Same case, ending in 100+.
I have a feeling contribution has a weak formula related mainly to damage dealt and killing blows, which would suck for any other class apart from damage dealers.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Iprotecc - 82 - holding doors
Isushi - pugging

Vri

Post#3 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:25 am

amagawd wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:29 am And while you're at it, check contribution for tanks as well. I'm getting lots of heals on me, I'm guarding lots of damage, eating lots of additional damage, taunt correctly, sacrifice for the group. Same case, ending in 100+.
I have a feeling contribution has a weak formula related mainly to damage dealt and killing blows, which would suck for any other class apart from damage dealers.
Work ram, tank lord and fill your roll. Thats all you need to do. I main a BO tank and i have no issue with bags, as long as i am on time to a siege. Work more.

Psychoxell

Post#4 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:07 am

Vri wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:25 am Work ram, tank lord and fill your roll. Thats all you need to do. I main a BO tank and i have no issue with bags, as long as i am on time to a siege. Work more.
Work ram in fort? he is writing about fort contri not zone
Adeptha - Warrior Priest - RR92 - Bene Tleilax

Nekkma

Post#5 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:46 am

I have gotten 6 gold bags on my shaman and AM (3 each). All of those times I have been grouped with good aoe dps who also had a high number of killing blows.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

amagawd

Post#6 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:51 am

Vri wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:25 am
amagawd wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:29 am And while you're at it, check contribution for tanks as well. I'm getting lots of heals on me, I'm guarding lots of damage, eating lots of additional damage, taunt correctly, sacrifice for the group. Same case, ending in 100+.
Work ram, tank lord and fill your roll. Thats all you need to do. I main a BO tank and i have no issue with bags, as long as i am on time to a siege. Work more.
Work ram. Check
Tank lord. There's a problem. For me to tank the lord I need to use the +threat tactic, which is a PVE tactic, which means that if u used it before u entered the keep then you didn't quite fill your role as u said. Without the +threat tactic, spamming the taunt, challenge and sunder doesn't allow me to take aggro, or only if I'm the first to tag lord.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

amagawd

Post#7 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:36 am

Nekkma wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:46 am I have gotten 6 gold bags on my shaman and AM (3 each). All of those times I have been grouped with good aoe dps who also had a high number of killing blows.
That's what I was afraid of tbh.
Klindor - 83 - retired
Isushi - pugging

Vri

Post#8 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Psychoxell wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:07 am
Vri wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:25 am Work ram, tank lord and fill your roll. Thats all you need to do. I main a BO tank and i have no issue with bags, as long as i am on time to a siege. Work more.
Work ram in fort? he is writing about fort contri not zone
Fort, Keep... either way i can be a moron.

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:21 pm

amagawd wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:51 am
Vri wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:25 am
Work ram. Check
Tank lord. There's a problem. For me to tank the lord I need to use the +threat tactic, which is a PVE tactic, which means that if u used it before u entered the keep then you didn't quite fill your role as u said. Without the +threat tactic, spamming the taunt, challenge and sunder doesn't allow me to take aggro, or only if I'm the first to tag lord.

Anyway, thanks for the advice!

unless other tank have menace it's possible to tank keep lord w/o it.
every tank have threat generating spammable melee attack. knight's version is Sunder.
spam it with taunt, challenge.
and good mdps to steal his aggro with guard.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

anarchypark

Post#10 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:30 pm

messerjockel wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:53 pm No evidence, just a feeling.
I am healing and rezzing tons of player in forts but when it comes to contribution iam ending up in the 120-159 place and that feels strangely low.
Would a GM mind to check the fort contribution formula if healing actually contributes please?

Mikawa

fight at the flag. defence flag > taking flag. killing on flag is key. guard/heal dps on flag. outer door funnel is really not a good way for contribution unless your wb killed all of enemies.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)