Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder mobility

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sundowner

Re: Marauder mobility

Post#61 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:35 pm

Mergrim wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:15 pm
Gurf wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:06 pm Someone put a video up recently of Mara's doing continual crits between 2-3k on light armour targets, no Order mdps gets anywhere near that, WL won't. No order mdps gets the high crit levels of Mara also with some skills being above 50%, WL is more like 15-20% with its bonus crit damage tactic being tied to using the pet so can't be used in many situations. Also Mara has the best pull in game. Plus it's survivability is better than all other mdps. Those are the reasons why it's mobility is less than many others, because you can't have it all.
Lets compare Mara mobility to other melle classes:
vs WE/WH +self punt, rest are same. we/wh win
vs SW- Self punt +shadowstep every 20sec(65feet) no charge and break free, for me mara win. (Sw can also use speed tactic, but its pure waste)
vs Slayer - draw
vs Choppa- GTDC got +20%speed, small win for choppa
vs mSH - self punt, Squig Leap(35% run speed after), Run Away tactic, no break free or charge but still easy win for squig.
vs WL- easy win for WL
vs dok/wp easy win for mara
only 2 classes that got huge diffent in mobility at all, WL and mSH, choppa/we/wh are minor win
now compare mara survivability and aoe cc with these classes and u will have your answer as why mara doesn't have more utiility

Ads
Mergrim

Post#62 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:43 pm

I'm not the person who want extra mobility for mara. For me mara/wl/mSh/Sw are most broken classes in game:P and should be nerfed.

Neverever

Post#63 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Let's revert all the changes back to where it was at live. I am sure that would make the majority of population happy. I think when whining about some of the classes you have to consider the level they were at and the level where they are now. And just to let you know CC and mobility accounts for only one aspect of the game. The tendency of "Oh certain classes have these abilities and certain lack those abilities. So Iwhine! " doesn't really matter when they have a lot of differences in many other aspects. And btw I am the SH in this video and I can asure you we wouldn't stand a chance if there was a slightly better second dps instead of the Engi in this Sc. And btw SH runaway tactic is so OP that no SH uses it anymore after the recent changes and new more useful tactics. I would gladly change runaway with bulls eye or %50 more crit dmg one on melee tree.

hammerhead

Post#64 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Most of the related topics remind me of this movie.

Click here to watch on YouTube
(\|)o0(|/)

Gurf

Post#65 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:05 am

Pandastyle wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:46 pm
Gurf wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:06 pm Someone put a video up recently of Mara's doing continual crits between 2-3k on light armour targets, no Order mdps gets anywhere near that, WL won't. No order mdps gets the high crit levels of Mara also with some skills being above 50%, WL is more like 15-20% with its bonus crit damage tactic being tied to using the pet so can't be used in many situations. Also Mara has the best pull in game. Plus it's survivability is better than all other mdps. Those are the reasons why it's mobility is less than many others, because you can't have it all.
I'd really really like to see that video. Maybe you can provide? Because I am rr84 98% BiS, tried almost every specc imaginable and never ever got continued crits like that :D
well the high crit is probably because of Feeding of Fear tactic, which is mirrored 1 to 1 on SW.
And no the pull is not the best in the game (source: me)

https://youtu.be/bJ_sCyesN_U

By the original poster of this topic , maybe exaggerating with regular crits 1.5k+ some over 2k, sure it's his best fights but try play any other mdps and tell me you can gets those kinds of numbers and those kinds of crits regularly in a row. It's not possible on any except Mara

Krima

Post#66 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:01 am

Gurf wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:05 am
I'd really really like to see that video. Maybe you can provide? Because I am rr84 98% BiS, tried almost every specc imaginable and never ever got continued crits like that :D
well the high crit is probably because of Feeding of Fear tactic, which is mirrored 1 to 1 on SW.

By the original poster of this topic , maybe exaggerating with regular crits 1.5k+ some over 2k, sure it's his best fights but try play any other mdps and tell me you can gets those kinds of numbers and those kinds of crits regularly in a row. It's not possible on any except Mara
:lol: I knew this was Coming !! mSW can crit as often as a Marauder. Inst bullseye and feeding on fear the same thing? pls.. Assault shadow warrios can go really high on crit also.
WHs exit wound can crit for over 2k, WE pierce armor also
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

BelligerentBob

Post#67 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:16 am

My mans you are in the realm of hyperbole, there is only one critical hit (unless I missed one) over 2k, and that is one on a Slayer.
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

Sofong

Post#68 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:46 am

this is like what the only 1 solo mara vid? u wanna judge a class base on vids, u should see all those solo wh, slayer, ib, wl vids posted on the forum. like i said just becos ppl put more time and effort and gold on 1 toon and actually play the class to max potential, doesnt make the class op or not.

Ads
hammerhead

Post#69 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:50 am

Indeed, on the video is very bad mara.

(\|)o0(|/)

grapefruit

Post#70 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:20 am

hammerhead wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:50 am Indeed, on the video is very bad mara.

Screenshot could have been taken in Highpass or on a naked char.
Annyway, most maras dont even use impale wich is your bread n butter after your debuffs are up.
Mara is one of the most balanced classes imo.
Regarding mobility, what do you want? Be a white lion with pounce?
Idk what could be added or replaced on mara to have even more mobility.
You have pull, range kd, m1 root, break free and charge.
In a 6v6 setting you dont even need that much mobility kek.
And regarding monstro not staying after stance swap....
Could have asked for keeping brut and sav on stance swap too lmao.
I am still not sure if Theo was trolling with this one. :D