Recent Topics

Ads

Marauder mobility

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
CountTalabecland

Re: Marauder mobility

Post#21 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:25 pm

What if I told you that you could change the word “Mara” for “Slayer” in the OPs post and you would be able to counter the class in the exact same way they countered the mara here? Mara had good dmg and so does Slayer but if they spend all their time on the ground or can’t reach the target a lot of it gets mitigated

MDPS with no gap closer (tho mara has its ST pull and AoE KD for what its worth) suffer a lot of downtime due to CC and its something most of the forum warriors dont factor in to their rants.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ads
knick

Post#22 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:31 pm

theoddone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:21 pm
Spoiler:
knick wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:10 pm
theoddone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:58 pm If we are going to compare the classes I think it's better to look at the four classes as a cluster because there is so much overlap of abilities between them. Look at everything the wl has gotten from the mara over the years. If we are gonna compare SW to mara, I would very much like core VoN and the same stance buffs. But comparing mobility it looks like this unless I forgot something:
WL: charge, rootbreak, pounce, m1, fetch.
SW: shadowstep, selfpunt, and movementspeed on stance swap (not updated on how this works tho so might be unfair to include it.
SH: Everything on planet earth.
Mara: Charge, rootbreak, M1, pull.
Mara got hit the hardest by the m1 nerf due to not having pounce. It's clear that mara has the worst mobility, but what does it get compared to these classes to compensate single target wise?
so in numbers
WL 5
SW 3
Mara 4
SH All

dosent look to bad to me when you keep in mind Mara have not to hunt down SH and Shammys. And in the end just "one" less then WL in compare to much more utility like aoe knockdown and stuff like Toughness debuff.
By putting Mara on the same level like Wl would make its like -> Destro best in mobility by SH and Mara + Destro best in escape by SH and Shammy by run away and so on.
The fact that Mara is at the end of the list in mobility or looks a bit off is just the result of the huge mobility buff of the SH.
The sh and shammy argument goes both ways. A marauder have to chase pouncing targets all over. Leap can be used defensively as well. Also, you didn't notice I wrote single target, aka no aoe knockdown, which is useless in small scale anyway. There are so many toughness debuffs and the mara one doesn't benefit from PB either.
Basically, you are saying that marauder drew the short stick and has to suffer because of SH and realm balance? What does the marauder get in return?

only because you excluding mara knock down doesn't mean he haven't one. You cant compare pouncing with run away. Pounce is a ability, you need a target for it and you can just pounce to a other enemy. Not like SH who can defensibly pounce out and run away is just a tactic...
Sure there are other Toughness debuffs but you still have one WL not.
You said yourself you have to take all 4 classes in compare. So if you suffer in mobility you have to group up with a SH like WL have to group up with a class for Toughness debuff in example.
Only class actual combine all utility in one is SH and this was a big mistake.
Last edited by knick on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knick WL RR85+
Knickli Mara RR80+

Mergrim

Post#23 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:33 pm

This is sad to see, everyone are crying about class they play and want be best in every aspect in this game.
Sw crying>best st melle class>outdps bw in city(aoe spec)>great in st range dmg.
Sh crying>m3 go to m1>range kd etc.
Wh/WE crying> extra stealth+charge etc.

Devs they go wrong way, just nerf mara/melle squig/sw/wl and everything should be fine.

Sponn
Suspended

Post#24 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:28 pm

God damn destro is soooo good at being disengenous. Mara is low key the strongest class in the game right now.

You ignore all armor penetration with the proc in monstro form, in an armor meta game, and can top charts along with mSH, Sorc, and Magus in city. With an Aoe knockdown, with a "free kill button" that is a pull THAT LITERALLY HAS NO OPPORTUNITY COST (if it fails it fails, if it works YOU GET A FREE KILL). You got morale drain ON DEMAND (you dont need an AP pump, with a SM doing whispering winds timing your veangance together with barrage to be good, YOU JUST PUSH ONE DAMN BUTTON and get your 5 sec cd refreshers from BO and choppa).

Seriously, it is like super disgusting how destro undercut their own classes and over exaggerate order. Thank god destro hasn't "gotten gud" yet, cause Order are screwed when they finally learn to stop being anti-social. You know if Destro were to be giving themselves the same sentiment they give Order on the forums "git gud" issue when destro is strong, "Buff me" issue in any other case LOL.

Btw why can't I, as a solo player, kill every other class 1v1 and still somehow 1v3 and why can't I kill a wb? Also buff destro, Goblins need another crutch tactic, Heal Away! maybe? You just heal all your health 25% chance on being hit, **** it. /s

Dude.... I dunno I'm growing weary of all this lobbying on the forums. I hope the devs play this game. Haven't seen them on in a while.

BTW destro have 14% pop advantage in t4 but by reading the forums you would think they have like 20% population LOL. Good god

Winry

Post#25 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:38 pm

Sundowner wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:21 pm Just add pounce to mara and delete order I am done with this game :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I second this.

Rumpel

Post#26 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:43 pm

theoddone wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:27 pm
Another issue with the lack of mobility is that it's so easy to read the marauder's movements. You can see the marauder coming from miles away. This limits gameplay options quite a bit in a 6v6 setting.

Thats exactly why im not playing mara anymore! Let him be op or underperforming but thats a fun killer. Beeing nearly dead not even reaching you target and even when getting kicked and game over.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Mergrim wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:33 pm This is sad to see, everyone are crying about class they play and want be best in every aspect in this game.
Sw crying>best st melle class>outdps bw in city(aoe spec)>great in st range dmg.
Sh crying>m3 go to m1>range kd etc.
Wh/WE crying> extra stealth+charge etc.

Devs they go wrong way, just nerf mara/melle squig/sw/wl and everything should be fine.
We told people ahead of time when we planned on making SW/SQ changes. They weren't a result of tears. The WH/WE changes were also pushed by the dev team, not by forum whine. I would say the majority of discussions on the forums are mildly informative at best when it comes to actually making balance changes. If we were purely reactionary, things like GTDC and Rampage would have been changed back when their drama threads were super hot on the forums. That's not really our style though.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Fey

Post#28 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:05 am

Jesus **** christ, can we finally employ a pentagram of summoning salt and drive an oaken stake through the heart of Run Away tactic. Then I won't have to tolerate the endless sphincter whinging about a meme tactic that is mainly used to troll fools. I suppose we need to nuke Wazzat as well so that order can pants up and kill that **** gobbo that got away and was asshole enough to /laugh.

Seriously @Wargrimnir and team, let's play for a week without RunAway. I've been listening to morons complain about Run Away since live, and it's just migraine inducing.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Mergrim

Post#29 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:17 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:44 pm We told people ahead of time when we planned on making SW/SQ changes. They weren't a result of tears. The WH/WE changes were also pushed by the dev team, not by forum whine. I would say the majority of discussions on the forums are mildly informative at best when it comes to actually making balance changes. If we were purely reactionary, things like GTDC and Rampage would have been changed back when their drama threads were super hot on the forums. That's not really our style though.
Nice it explains everything. Ofc we talking about same ppl that introduced chosen -25% crit tactic, engi gun blast 1sec cast tactic(was able to be top killer in zone with my conq engi) and morale 3>1 to squig, i have seen funny thing in rvr AM vs RSH, AM just running to warcamp then squig m1 morale and he from 100% hp down to 0% almost instantly, and this is morale 1 working 15sec not 2sec like this AM died. You guys really need tests tactic/skills/morale thats looks broken?

About Mara and this scenario. 2kotbz vs 2bo. What you want? those 2 kotbz just use tools they have, this is rare to see good tank in ranked scenario, if your tank are using punt in sc he is already good, if he use slow before punt he is GOD. Black orc aoe punt when everyone are full hp and give free immune. Ranked/small scale are not 1vs6 it's full cooperation.

One more thing, every ranked scenario are range friendly, huge area to kite.

teiloh

Post#30 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:49 am

wonshot wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:58 pm Just a thought,
But isn't the issue more so that too much mobility was added to the other mdps builds in that four class cluster and that leaves mara appear behind in the comparison?

It's not like sorc, bw, engi Magus got handed additional tools to keep the distance, more leaps and stickingpower was just slowly added to some melee builds to catch the backliners.

In a world were pounce had shorter range and only tanks could M1 root, the mara mobility wouldn't seem too far behind I guess. And melee DPS would still have archetype tools to catch backliners
WL always had M1 root.