Recent Topics

Ads

do we have a balance problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sponn
Suspended

Re: do we have a balance problem?

Post#101 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:52 pm

Destro always have the pop advantage on average. I can't honestly remember the last time I saw Order have the pop advantage in t4......

and it seems to me there is a destro biased, all their classes are better at solo roaming and are more complete in themselves.

If you pull randoms from a bag and form groups, overall, destro will have more complete groups. **** I mean they have 3 viable melee ballers in the form of Mara, mSH, and Choppa. Order barely has WL (wtb **** tons of armor in squig form), and they have slayer, which some how is OP because they have the 2 abilities NOT COPIED OVER TO DESTRO lol like every other one.

Shaman is wayyyyy better than AM in city based on the fact you can crutch on a tactic (Run Away tactic is OP in case you didnt know)

both SH and Mara are better than SW in city (since people cant get their head on to which is the "mirror")

overall Order may have slight advantages in the form of Knight > Chosen, Slayer > Choppa, Bright Wizard AOE > Sorc AOE (Sorc ST is awesomer tho) WP = DoK, etc. But destro have a massive advantage overall with every class being good, the same can't be said for order.

Whatever. Not like anything in game really matters right?

The real game is fought here on the forums.

Ads
lyncher12

Post#102 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:02 pm

please tell me more how 16 aoe engies isnt viable in city and thats whats wrong with the game.

Ramlaen

Post#103 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:15 pm

TARDIONm wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:18 pm ahahaha, destro op , ok , check fort push statistic and cry more , if play in order,then undestand this statistic - 75% overall fort winrate its order , but youre crying about today destro win all mirror, ahahah, nice
I wonder what fort statistics would look like if you removed throws :3
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Gurf

Post#104 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:35 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:15 pm
TARDIONm wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:18 pm ahahaha, destro op , ok , check fort push statistic and cry more , if play in order,then undestand this statistic - 75% overall fort winrate its order , but youre crying about today destro win all mirror, ahahah, nice
I wonder what fort statistics would look like if you removed throws :3
I wonder what they would look like if they didn't stop counting them as soon as Destro started taking them regularly

squiggastolemybike

Post#105 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:55 pm

A strong city WB on both sides can easily involve 11 out of 12 classes available to the faction. Most classes are playable in reasonable quantities in a city 24man premade (i only concider archmage to be significantly weaker than a healing shaman).

When I was grinding sovereign on order alts I had to pug pretty often even on a healing WP which normally competed for top heals wearing invader. Reason for pugging often on WP or tank was that there were never enough decent premades on order side. The moment I did not get into any recognizable and good group of players I knew that I'm better off running around burning tents than getting roflstomped by destruction premades of mediocre players while being in certain pepega rvr guilds' premades. I've seen enough times stronges premades trying to find a specific class for 15 minutes for order WB. Over half of order players can't or do not want to organize, and that is not a class balance issue.

One thing that was mentioned here that I think should be addressed is SM's WW. Running up to a target and placing kd immunity with a silence to proc the WW effect is pretty cringy. Having to spend a tactic slot in BO's case to acquire the benefits of CD reduction is not a good alternative either. If both SM and BO could have this ability improved to a basic battle shout every 20 sec that you just trigger without having to attack anyone or spend a tactic slot would be a good quality of life change for those classes.
83 Marauder ][ 82 Zealot ][ 82 Chosen
83 Black Orc ][ 82 Ironbreaker ][ 81 Blackguard
82 Sorceress ][ 83 Choppa ][ 82 Shadow Warrior
81 Witch Elf ][ 81 Witch Hunter ][ 81 Squig Herder
83 Shaman ][ 82 DoK ][ 80 WP ][ 79 SL, SM, WL

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#106 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:00 am

Spellbound wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:33 pm
emiliorv wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:03 pm
Spellbound wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:56 pm
Spoiler:
We had a org WB against 5mSH, choppa, magus, sorc and still destroyed. Yes, you can stack mSH but you can’t stack SW
If you get destroyed by a stack of mSHs you have a problem beyond balance => their dmg relies in a channeled cast and can be stopped easy.
Im curious about the comp of your "organized wb"...didnt you save a ss of that stomp?
Yup normal comp w/ our alliance 18 man queue 2/2/2 with slayers/wl/bws, got crappy 6 man pug on our side which probably made the difference for them having 10 AOE dps and more 8 healers vs our 6 from 18 man. Yes we try to interrupt channel, think we're stupid? You have 5 mSH trying to spam channel and BO/Choppa have their Cooldown reducer that doesn't allow Order to keep up w/ interrupting every channel. Trying to play paper MMOs when you weren't there and think it's possible to keep up w/ the Cooldown reducers helping 5 mSH spam their channel.
Lets resume:
1- well 18 man its not a "organized wb"
2-you got 6 puggers with no healers (probably without tanks too and probably crappy class/rr/gear)....1 group without heals its a free kill, they wiped in first clash and that means a perma 18 vs 24
3-"Cooldown reducers" => they have only 1 choppa, and probably only 1 BO for grp at max. Only 1 destro group have double cd reducer in best case, and only 1 mSH benefit from that double cd reducer, the other 4mSHs/sorc/magus only have acces to 1 cd reducer => same of any order grp who runs with 1 SM.....you even have 1 SM each grp?

Are you trying to argue that 1 mSH getting 2x CD reducer (in best case) is what made your 18+pug wb fail?? when you have 1 grp without any healer...rly? if you really believe that you lose that city due to destro imbalance...rly dont know what to say...
Last edited by emiliorv on Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fey

Post#107 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:07 am

As an old ass DaoC player the balance whinging recalls specs like Mentalism Mentalist, Stormcalling Thane, Matter Sorc and so on.

When this game came out the biggest surprise for me was the detaunt abilities. The existence of detaunt and guard particularly make this game far more balanced than earlier MMOs. I mean if you want balance theres always the Voldemort game.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Pandastyle

Post#108 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:46 am

85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Ads
lyncher12

Post#109 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:33 am

no they are just collecting the completely free loot from zerging 300-50 na time

Onigokko0101

Post#110 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:49 am

Pandastyle wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:46 am Image

No man, its only a problem if the other side is zerging and as he know from this thread ORDER NEVER ZERGS AND IS ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard