Recent Topics

Ads

[Addon Request] TargetRing flat on-screen

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Fenris78

[Addon Request] TargetRing flat on-screen

Post#1 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:48 am

I'm using TargetRing, but it's currently not very convenient, since it mostly lacks visibility, especially in combat or when you have millions of other things to watch.
The tiny dot at your character feet is for most of the time obscured when effects on ground, by uneven terrain, and by your character's body as well wich is not very readable.

Since finding your buddy for a guard/rez/etc. is tricky, it could be handy to have the indicators of your primary and secondary targets displayed with a flat view, on a separate layout window thant you can place where you want, resize, and basically working like the Thether/Guardpack line, but with a "clock-like" display with two arrows (a big and small one), each pointing to relative positions of targets, with a visible and customizable manner.

It would mean, technically speaking, simply translating the targetring display to a flat view intead of being locked to your character's feet (though I dont know how much it's easy to do :p).

If there is already an addon doing exactly that, thanks for pointing me out.

Otherwise if any talented Addon dev (Sullemunk I'm looking at you :p) want to do it, I bet many healers around will be immensely grateful.

Ads
NSKaneda

Re: [Addon Request] TargetRing flat on-screen

Post#2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:03 pm

Sounds like you're describing Wrath of Heroes Reticle addon :)

RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Fenris78

Post#3 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:37 pm

Not sure about this one ; I mean a convenient way to track/find targets that are offscreen, exactly what targetring is doing, but in a more fashionable (and readable) way.

Currently finding someone on screen is relatively easy (thus a bit buggy sometimes when target is not in LoS), the tricky part is when someone want a rez and you spend ages to figure out where he/she is, having to focus on that tiny and unconvenient spot at your feet...

I wish something like this (quick ugly mockup) :

For instance, when those targets are off screen (on sides or behind me), arrows will point left/right/bottom of my character, exactly like targetring but actually readable.
In a perfect world, those arrows could be resizeable, and the center of display moveable on the screen (like pretty much any other interface addon), and maybe display (optionnally) name, career icon and distance as well.

Basically a convenient way to display relative positions of your target, without being obscured by anything in the heat of battle, and with more efficiency than the unreadable tiny dots.

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#4 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:32 pm

Theres no way to target objects offscreen with the api, since tracking objects only is possible if they are visible throu the users viewport , (attached windows only tracks on visible objects)
That's why addons like teather dont draw the line if the chars are off screen
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Fenris78

Post#5 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:39 pm

sullemunk wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:32 pm Theres no way to target objects offscreen with the api, since tracking objects only is possible if they are visible throu the users viewport , (attached windows only tracks on visible objects)
That's why addons like teather dont draw the line if the chars are off screen
Thanks for the info, that explains why no such addon exists.

Anyway, a rework of TargetRing to be more customizable and/or visible (big colored arrows should be enough) will be very appreciated ! ;)

Guess having alternate textures like this should do the trick without much hassle :
Last edited by Fenris78 on Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

totaljazz

Post#6 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:49 pm

I made a version of the Targetring addon with large arrow markers over targets:
(Wrath of Heroes Reticle also active on this pic)
To customize colors, size, etc, type: /targetring
Download link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ad6Yfw ... PunLfkVNk/

Fenris78

Post#7 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:00 pm

So It's not targetring we are talking about, but the thing that displays the dots at your character feets to show you where targets are located :

Maybe it's not an addon, always assumed it was TargetRing that does that, probably I'm wrong.

In that case it's a RoR dev's request, and not an Addon request...

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#8 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:12 pm

Those are hardcoded client reticles
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Ads
Fenris78

Post#9 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:01 pm

sullemunk wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:12 pm Those are hardcoded client reticles
Yes, they have been changed one or two years ago (iirc), from arrows to small dots. IMO the first iteration was more readable than current one.

Can we have a Dev's review about that ?