Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
normanis

Re: [Sorc] Suggestions

Post#71 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:29 pm

so this is again forum drama from sorc with conq gear, who whant be pair of bis geared bw?
this is not game where clases are compared 1vs1 . even sorc get m2 from bw and squig got punce from wl. byt still from 2014 year evryone said noone will balance game around 1vs1. byt reality is diferent. ;-(
i whant for bw infernal wave so i can crit destro for 1k evryone , because my class suck and i whant
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Atropik

Post#72 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:17 pm

normanis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:29 pm so this is again forum drama from sorc with conq gear, who whant be pair of bis geared bw?
this is not game where clases are compared 1vs1 . even sorc get m2 from bw and squig got punce from wl. byt still from 2014 year evryone said noone will balance game around 1vs1. byt reality is diferent. ;-(
i whant for bw infernal wave so i can crit destro for 1k evryone , because my class suck and i whant
Thanks God you came and cleared this out! Now I see!
Nicelook | Obey

ScumFM

Post#73 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:32 pm

Here is where I see the main issue of the Sorc:

I think we can all agree that the Sorc/BW are terrible classes if not properly supported. Similar to Choppa/Slayer they are very reliant on group support to do anything. They are the pure glass cannon ranged dps, just as Choppa/Slayer are the glass cannon melee dps.

A class that relies on group support to function should be desirable in a group. To be desirable in a warband, a class should stack well. Choppa and Slayer do. Bright Wizard does. Sorc does not. The why can probably be debated, but fact is that Order is stacking BWs in warbands and Destro is not stacking sorcs.

Bozzax

Post#74 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:45 pm

My .2$ for ST sorc
Spoiler:
1. 14 pts Absorb Vitality (lifetap) CD should be lowered to 10s
2. Manic Obsession tactic should make OF damage +15% and cd 30s
3. Shroud of darkness should apply one more defensive effect (absorb, self heal, speed boost, snare break)
"Sorc has all damage in spirit" IS a red herring
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

teiloh

Post#75 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:15 pm

emiliorv wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:34 am
teiloh wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:39 pm GoN crit for 400-500 on my Sorc on live.
So you were talking all this time based on how the things was on live servers...LMAO
Show me where damage formulas for Sorcs radically changed (other than Sorcs getting a Spirit Debuff tactic, which was a mistake). I'll be waiting.

teiloh

Post#76 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:19 pm

Bozzax wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:45 pm Image

My .2$ for ST sorc
Spoiler:
3. Shroud of darkness should apply one more defensive effect (absorb, self heal, speed boost, snare break)
Manic Obsession should be improved but Sorcs do not need more ST burst. If AV was changed to no longer crit heal it could use a small boost. Maybe a bit of up-front damage. Afaik Shield of Aqshy was also nerfed to not stack so SOD is in the same category.

teiloh

Post#77 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:21 pm

Cheermazon wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:37 am
teiloh wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:13 pm If you say "it can be cleansed" then well, literally everything Order has that Destro cries about can also "be cleansed" only Destro has a group purge (Khaine's Withdrawal) and two superior CD reducers while Order does not. Destro cleanse is literally 2x or more better than Order's.
Except Khaine's Withdrawal is incredibly niche, and rarely ran in an organized warband. The vast majority of warband leaders request Rampaging Siphon to supplement morale drops, but it also serves as a massive burst heal when needed. Khaine's Withdrawal is nice, but a moot point when you've wasted an M2 on debuffs that are immediately reapplied, and lose whats basically an instant full-heal for your party.
If Khaine's Withdrawal "isn't that good" it speaks to how weak and shitty Order dots and debuffs are. You instantly wipe out 20+ GCDs, you may as well say you can just "immediately reapply" heals to cancel out M2 burst damage. DOK/WP/Shaman have very strong and consistent AOE heals.

teiloh

Post#78 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:23 pm

Lorsten wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:02 am Noone really uses GoN in their builds, cuz typical build is 1-3. And even if you put points in 2nd tree (but why? You dont care about ur performance?), GoN is the last thing you want to cast in rvr.
You don't want to rotate in an AOE that ticks 1500ish damage (or more) with multiple proc chances? It's one of the most damaging (over time) spells out there, if I'm not mistaken.

Ads
Bozzax

Post#79 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:27 pm

teiloh wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:19 pm
Bozzax wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:45 pm Image

My .2$ for ST sorc
Spoiler:
Manic Obsession should be improved but Sorcs do not need more ST burst. If AV was changed to no longer crit heal it could use a small boost. Maybe a bit of up-front damage. Afaik Shield of Aqshy was also nerfed to not stack so SOD is in the same category.
IMHO Sorcs need to be made more enjoyable solo ... simple as that. The lack of util is mindboggling compared to mirror. It is a quite sucky class tbh.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Keula

Post#80 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:04 am

teiloh wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:23 pm
Lorsten wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:02 am Noone really uses GoN in their builds, cuz typical build is 1-3. And even if you put points in 2nd tree (but why? You dont care about ur performance?), GoN is the last thing you want to cast in rvr.
You don't want to rotate in an AOE that ticks 1500ish damage (or more) with multiple proc chances? It's one of the most damaging (over time) spells out there, if I'm not mistaken.
Its in the wrong tree, see typical Sorc city build and to take full advantage of the ability you would need to cast it on a target that is not about to die, nor have high disrupt, which means 2 secs(+cast delays, interrupts etc) of not doing any assist/aoe dmg and standing still. For forts and keep sieges it might be a bit better but it needs los and everyone has +45% disrupt soo just spam IW and pit instead.
Alteredheal 85 DOK
Azerrad 79 Sorc
Lumoojatar 70 AM