Recent Topics

Ads

[mSH] Removal of damage from squig leap (collateral damage from WL burst nerf) feels awful

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
VindicoAtrum

[mSH] Removal of damage from squig leap (collateral damage from WL burst nerf) feels awful

Post#1 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:35 am

I've been trying to get used to this but it's just feeling worse and worse. You can't dismount anyone with a 50 or 60% mount because they're out of range when your leap lands. You dismount on leaping, meaning leaping at a mounted target is now utterly pointless, it's a guarantee you don't catch them. Just to summarise that - if you use your gap closer to try and catch someone you will guarantee you don't catch them.

Feels awful, and I really don't think anyone was calling for mSH nerfs. The patch notes even made it clear that the nerf was targetted at WL's having too much burst; getting nerfed because your mirror class is too strong is devastating.

Anyone tell me how they're using squig leap now? Just seems to be a "save a few seconds after you killed someone" tool now, with the disadvantage that you're on GCD when you land and can't start the damage rotation.

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: [mSH] Removal of damage from squig leap (collateral damage from WL burst nerf) feels awful

Post#2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:39 am

Giving it like 100 dmg, would be enough to allow dismounting.

VindicoAtrum

Re: [mSH] Removal of damage from squig leap (collateral damage from WL burst nerf) feels awful

Post#3 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:44 am

M0rw47h wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:39 am Giving it like 100 dmg, would be enough to allow dismounting.
This is exactly what baffles me the most. Why remove the damage ENTIRELY instead of just halving it or something? I can't find a single instance of complaint about mSH leap or burst damage...

Ashenford

Post#4 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:08 pm

First of all you should be grateful to play SH as WL due to RoR team rework. 2nd. mSH already enough st/aoe dmg while being ranged class at core. That WL "burst" is mainly due to Pack Synergy, mSH has more sustained aoe dps. PS. your class mirror is SW. There are mutliple types of mirrors. PSS. You have bow with 100ft range. I doubt you'll have issue kiting someone until squig armor comes off CD. You can't have everything under one class.

VindicoAtrum

Post#5 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:47 pm

Ashenford wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:08 pm First of all you should be grateful to play SH as WL due to RoR team rework. 2nd. mSH already enough st/aoe dmg while being ranged class at core. That WL "burst" is mainly due to Pack Synergy, mSH has more sustained aoe dps. PS. your class mirror is SW. There are mutliple types of mirrors. PSS. You have bow with 100ft range. I doubt you'll have issue kiting someone until squig armor comes off CD. You can't have everything under one class.
Wow, what an awful response, almost all of which is either offtopic or completely useless.

"First of all you should be grateful to play SH as WL due to RoR team rework." -> At no point was gratitude, or lack of it, mentioned; neither does it need to be - this is a single post about a single small aspect of this game.

"mSH already enough st/aoe dmg while being ranged class at core" -> What? I'm literally asking for some damage to be put back on pounce so that a gap closer can dismount. That's it.

"That WL "burst" is mainly due to Pack Synergy, mSH has more sustained aoe dps." -> So? Once again, I'm just asking that a recent change is reviewed because a gap closer can no longer close the gap effectively. When design goals are being missed you review them.

"You have bow with 100ft range. I doubt you'll have issue kiting someone until squig armor comes off CD." -> Great response, I'll totally whip out my ranged abilities with 20 points in a melee spec, that's obviously the design team's aim here!

You're just being intentionally combative, if you have nothing constructive to add than spamming irrelevant points please don't bother replying.

Foltestik

Post#6 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:08 pm

yep i miss it to much, was writing in patch notes post to give paunce at least 1 dmg to dismout enemy :)

Krima

Post#7 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Have it do 1 guarantee DMG in order to dismount.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

oaliaen

Post#8 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:44 pm

Or just make a chance to dismount whit no dmg...

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#9 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Meh, its better now. Just because someone happens to ride within 65 ft of a SH (or WL) doesn't mean they should die. If they are on foot then yeah it makes sense, they already took the risk of dismounting and you can catch them for the risk. Likewise, If they didn't risk dismounting, you should have to risk more to catch them/the leap should be more doubtful of succeeding as you will have to have the skill of surprising them and being able to get off a 2nd ability to dismount them.

But just having a gap closer doesnt mean that any time anyone comes near you that you should automatically catch them. This change has made this more balanced and made leap/pounce less OP, all for the good imo.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

VindicoAtrum

Post#10 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:40 pm

Your response seems to be based on the premise that they were unbalanced originally. They were not.

Melee dps need a way to catch people or they're rapidly useless. Choppas get a 65ft pull that is arguably far better than a leap - pull brings enemy from near their allies, leap puts squig nearer to enemies. Slayers get unsnarable charge. mSH gets a leap that leaves you out of position, not in melee range, and dismounted. It's actively bad now.