Recent Topics

Ads

[Sorc] Suggestions

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Atropik

Re: [Sorc] Suggestions

Post#21 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:19 pm

Naelar wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:10 pm yes. try it with triumphant blasting. Nothing like being able to knock the enemy back/off a cliff/off a keep/into lava from 80 ft away. Not to mention the fun of dropping an aoe and watching the enemy fly back like they're popcorn.
Not talking about lvling up. Not sure where you got that....
Look, no one is trying to argue that sorc aoe is better than bw. I'm just saying that the difference isn't nearly as large as you and a lot of others think it is.
Im trying to say that lvling up from 36/40 to 40/70 just to be able to put someone into lava on top of having regular st build just not worth it, unless we are talking about Phantomdrake. Phantomdrake should be put to lava instantly, wherever he appears.

The major differences between classes gone like 10 years ago, when 1.3.0 came on live, back thn we had all the sorc st rotation been tweaked to BW, now there is no differences, we have only some utility and some curious options left on top of that for BW plus the fact sorc has to confront the WL, thats it. I just cant see why people still believe sorcs st output is somehow better compared to BW - thats simply not true.
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Arthem

Post#22 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Just gear your sorc up and play it more, no need for changes. The one you asked for would be a nerf btw. You just need more experience.

Wuhh

Post#23 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:20 pm

Naelar wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:17 pm A cleanse would be nice. As would some M4s that don't suck so bad compared to our counterpart.
This 100%

dwyur

Post#24 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Arthem wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:20 pm Just gear your sorc up and play it more, no need for changes. The one you asked for would be a nerf btw. You just need more experience.
How is changing a tactic to include one additional spell a nerf?

And no need to reply to me, there are players 'with more experience' here that are discussing changes.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa

ScumFM

Post#25 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:36 pm

I agree with what Jabba has written here.

Sorc has better time stamping abilities, due to most damage of their single target rotation falling under the damage type they can debuff. This difference is very minimal however, and the BW makes more than up for it with various utilities like his cleanse, armor buff, knockdown, heal debuff and his better sustained single target damage.

For AoE, the BW is far superior and AoE is the more relevant damage for most of the game's content.

I therefore would suggest the following changes:

Make Gloom of Night an instant cast. Currently it is barely worth using due to it's long cast time and the threat that it's damage will be totally negated by the target disrupting or blocking, drastically reduced by the target dying or getting dispelled and the fact that each tick can also be disrupted.

Rework Obsessive Focus into a spell that removes all snares and roots. This ability does not work well with how the game is actually played and is only used in niche situations like single target PvE or 1vs1 play. This change would give the Sorc some much needed utility without simply mirroring something that the BW already has.

Sofong

Post#26 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:49 pm

imo sorc need a insta cast/can cast while moving snare like withering heat

Mez

Post#27 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:33 pm

Long time sorc and BW player here. I know how sorcs want what the BW has, but its just not possible.

And making gloom of night insta is too powerful. The spell is good, but more importantly did you know each tick counts as an attack? It procs other damage and mindlessly chews up challenge debuffs off you with little effort.

BW can get a ranged knockdown, but it also removes ignite when cast, removing the Corp debuff. Sorcs have disarm, Albeit not close in comparison but not removing spirit debuff is a plus, and engi is ranged vs a magus being not, so ranged disarm isnt bad on a destro toon. I cast all the time in magnet engis and ruin their big rift hopes. I save healers or other ranged from WE's, its good.

Sorcs have a good 4th tactic. Swell of gloom, or chilling gusts are great extra damage to burst rotations. And you have choices which is the big thing. BW usually looks at lame tier 1 tactics to fill, maybe morale boost, emps ward for a random bubble, maybe a buff to flames of rhuin to proc a little more, it kinda sucks. But BW gets funnel power, not as strong, but it kindaaaa negates this trade a LITTLE.

Sorc has a 2 sec ranged snare but its not that hard to get off, and, its actually part of early damage rotation. Thats great. BWs snare and cauterize is where it shines. I can tell you though on my BW, i would still gladly give these to destro for all the damage.

Curently sorcs have that 4th damage tactic I mentioned. But also their entire rotation is spirit damage. Thats crazy. Thats 20% dmg buff for your spells. Chillwind, buffs itself lol. Hello.

BW cannot buff over half of their dmg. Ignite, Detonate, Sear, Fireball barrage, and Nova, BWs big direct damage spells are all elemental. And fire ball obviously.

If you want to really snipe, casting obsessive focus and shades of death are sleepers at a wall. Targets wont even budge.

On my sorc I feel like I kill at will. Nuking at a keep or while zerg surfing is normal. On my 80 full sov BW, most targets walk out of LOS at a keep with 10-20% life having no idea a fully gear maxed BW was just on them.

This isnt even going into BW's Slow Boil (our vision of torment) being broken. It hits for half what sorc's VoT does.

Sorcs, you think you want to trade some stuff but trust me you dont. And if RoR buffed sorcs without BWs in return, it would be a crime.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Seravajan

Post#28 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:57 pm

Currently, I see only a few sorcs around.

The sorcs have primary some issues in the utility and defensive department.
IMHO Sorcs should get a self cleanse and to be different to BW a single target dispel enemy spell with some damage on a CD.

Who is using Black Horror at all? Lower its casting time to 1 sec to 1.5 sec to be a viable choice. And lower its damage a bit if 1 sec casting time.

I would second that to make Gloom of Night an instacast spell. It has its own longer CD timer on it.

In short:
a) Add a self cleanse
b) Add a single target dispel debuff with some low damage
c) Shorten the casting time on Black Horror.
d) Make Gloom of Night instacastable.

Lets test this first.

Ads
Darks63

Post#29 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:37 pm

While you're suggesting things ask for a better agony 13 point skill even if the current was core it wouldn't see muh use.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

dwyur

Post#30 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:53 pm

My original suggestion wasn't meant to be main reason for the thread but mostly the last line, for others who've played the game a lot at high RR level to share their thoughts.

I think Gloom of Night being instant cast makes a lot of sense as well, as it stands it isn't used much. Shattered Shadows really only makes sense to cast with M2 Focused Mind up. Black Horror never used.

Also, being able to cast Disastrous Cascade on the move might make sense.
Dirkfunk - 82 Runepriest
Dwyur - 81 Sorc | Deloused - 70 DoK | Durtknap- 64 Choppa