Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
JarlBerzirk

Re: Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Post#221 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:37 am

Hat wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 am The fact that you need "data", "feedback", to see if a -25% crit debuff is balanced when most endgame geared rr80 dps players are around the 30% crit chance mark is pretty baffling to say the least.

Who decided this needed to be a thing? Do they play the game at all? Was there ANY internal discussion about this tactic and an agreement that it will be balanced???? This makes about as much sense as the patch that reduced 2h tanks guard buff to 25% damage reduction...
Why is everyone only taking into account their base crit chance and not their crit after party buffs linis etc?

Ads
Qtpiii

Post#222 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:47 am

masagone2 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:37 am I don't see why you choose to argue the fact that this can be cleansed. When cleansing can we choose what gets cleansed? No... and with no ICD what's the point? the AoE slayer or other specs that suffer from this are just gonna hit him again. I rather it not be cleansed so I can rip off a DoT or a snare. It's not as easy as "Just dont hit the chosen or cleanse it." Get gud Orda? give this to KotBs and all the sudden it turns to Get gud destro.
WP can already self buff themselves 20% more healing than a DoK can.
KotBS can increase healing on party 15%.
Saying order would not complain giving doks and chosens these tactics to balance things?

Order recieve more healing than destro so destro gets a tactic to mitigate damage in the way of taking less critical hits. Oh no we can't have any balance can we.

Point stands.

Git

Gud

Ordah!

Naelar

Post#223 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:54 am

dalen wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:24 am
Hat wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:20 am The fact that you need "data", "feedback", to see if a -25% crit debuff is balanced when most endgame geared rr80 dps players are around the 30% crit chance mark is pretty baffling to say the least.

Who decided this needed to be a thing? Do they play the game at all? Was there ANY internal discussion about this tactic and an agreement that it will be balanced???? This makes about as much sense as the patch that reduced 2h tanks guard buff to 25% damage reduction...
It will get completely reworked, don't worry.

But FYI, several classes have -20% or -25% single target crit debuffs and have had since launch.
Yeah, but that's Order classes, so they're fine.

zij83

Post#224 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:57 am

JarlBerzirk wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:37 am

Why is everyone only taking into account their base crit chance and not their crit after party buffs linis etc?
Because it makes their argument sound better.

Nosun

Post#225 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:27 am

-25% crit debuff LOLLOLOL!!! what are y'all smoking cause i want some.

diedrake

Post#226 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:32 am

Ok destro players... What would you say if the kobs recieved the same tactic buff as the chosen?
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Hat

Post#227 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:51 am

dalen wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:24 am

It will get completely reworked, don't worry.

But FYI, several classes have -20% or -25% single target crit debuffs and have had since launch.
That's irrelevant, i can use an ability on my slayer to reduce crit chance by 100%, except:

1) It's single target
2) 30 second cooldown
3) Removes all of my rage (neutering my damage output substantially)
4) Need to be yellow or red so it's not an on-demand debuff

You are not thinking about the fact the chosen version is:

1) Completely passive, no button presses needed to completely gimp the damage of the target critting you
2) Effectively aoe since everyone aoeing near the chosen will receive this debuff
3) Is stronger than a 45 renown point investment by the dps target
4) Saying its "cleansable" is a joke, it will get reapplied instantly and not to mention it will be buried in between the 15 other debuffs i have on me at any one time in a warband fight so it likely wont even get cleansed
5) No cooldown/icd
6) No downside to using it other than losing out on I guess rugged but I think thats an extremely easy trade to make..

Just a really, really poorly thought out tactic. I was lucky to play against a not particularly good enemy warband in city with the chosens running this new tactic and taking away my 34% crit chance. If the opposition was any good in that city, the tactic would have utterly broken our damage pressure and would have made it an incredibly easy stomp for them. See: the results of todays city, i think it ended something like 13 destro wins vs 6 order wins.

swiftmend

Post#228 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:59 am

It's not a flat 25% reduced crit chance It's a percentage of your chance to crit so if you have 34% crit chance you will go down to 25.5%

Ads
Sybreal

Post#229 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:01 am

Something more reasonable might be to have this ability be a flat -5% crit chance. It looks like it should be the Chosen's "mirror" of a Knight's Dirty Tricks tactic.

Where the knight needs to block, the Chosen needs to get crit. A knight buffs, a chosen debuffs.

This talent is further up the tree than Dirty Tricks, and as such requires a bigger commitment. It should be a bit more powerful, and the mechanic of its application is. A knight can only increase the crit chance of those in their party. This chosen tactic reduces the crit chance of anyone who crits them. A single chosen effectively neutralizes the Dirty Tricks tactic for 4 knights (assuming 1 in each WB group) in an organized warband.

People talking about how some classes get a -25% crit chance seem to be skipping over the fact that those abilities are either single target, small AoE around a target, and/or have long cooldowns. This chosen ability requires 1 tactic slot and then it's 100% passive. It is always on and you don't need to use a GCD to apply it or think about who to apply it on, or when it would be best to do so. It will just happen when you get crit.

Just my two cents on how to keep it impactful while also considering its ease and near total application and uptime.

Aethilmar

Post#230 » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:13 am

swiftmend wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:59 am It's not a flat 25% reduced crit chance It's a percentage of your chance to crit so if you have 34% crit chance you will go down to 25.5%
Did you verify that because not according to viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41983&start=20#p445651