Ads

Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
zij83

Re: Patch Notes 05/11/2020

Post#181 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:35 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:33 pm
wpc56 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:20 pm This is the oldest wage cutting trick in the book.
The initial plan was to test it. Due to overwhelming negative feedback, the balance team is reviewing the change as I mentioned earlier before Secrets post: Devs will look into it if they see the need to. And they did. Now if the team does not answer feedbacks, you have something negative to say. If the team answers feedbacks, you have conspiracies ready. They delayed the patch because they were busy, no one has time to think the way you do. No one has the intention to do that, and you should know that from previous patches; If something has to be implemented, it will.
-
zij83 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:31 pm You really think you matter a lot don't you.
Twick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm And who tf are you? LMAO.
zij83 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:06 pm What are you a fanboy?
Please don't duel here, I know it's a heated discussion in general but do your best to avoid conflicts. Thanks.
I posted one more reply to him before I saw your post asking us not to duel. I will stop. Apologies.

Ads
Detangler

Post#182 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:36 pm

Pro tip: use more caps in your posts. Devs pay attention more to those.

Pro tip #2: the Balance Dartboard is working well. Keep it up!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Twick

Post#183 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:39 pm

GamesBond wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:33 pm
wpc56 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:20 pm This is the oldest wage cutting trick in the book.
The initial plan was to test it. Due to overwhelming negative feedback, the balance team is reviewing the change as I mentioned earlier before Secrets post: Devs will look into it if they see the need to. And they did. Now if the team does not answer feedbacks, you have something negative to say. If the team answers feedbacks, you have conspiracies ready. They delayed the patch because they were busy, no one has time to think the way you do. No one has the intention to do that, and you should know that from previous patches; If something has to be implemented, it will.
-
zij83 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:31 pm You really think you matter a lot don't you.
Twick wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:58 pm And who tf are you? LMAO.
zij83 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:06 pm What are you a fanboy?
Please don't duel here, I know it's a heated discussion in general but do your best to avoid conflicts. Thanks.

Right on, we shall duel in Black Crag at DAWN!

Sorry.

Aethilmar

Post#184 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:40 pm

First thank you for the bug fixes.

Second there is absolutely no reason to buff Chosen and Knights in any way, shape or form. They have well defined roles (note the plural) AND they are always wanted no matter what. When forming parties, the question is always asked "what other tank do we want besides a Chosen or Knight?" Adding abilities to them that make them even more desirable is not good for the game.

Third, specifically with the Chosen ability, that is an insanely powerful ability that requires no effort to spec AND actually probably frees up some renown points from Futile Strikes for the Chosen so they can put them elsewhere. As noted by others, the 25% in and of itself is WAAAAAAY outside the norms of any buff/debuff for a group.

Finally, why would you introduce those changes AND the fort changes at the same time? You will never be able to differentiate fort pushes won because of the abilities versus the new tactical options. I'm assuming at least some of you have professional programming experience and you should know better.

TL;DR Nice bug fixes. Fort mechanics changes are interesting. Revert the Chosen/Knight changes immediately.

vanbuinen77

Post#185 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:47 pm

Changes are fine as is.

However I question the need for the anti detaunt on the lowest dmg dealing tank in the game.

Kotbs should get something thats more fitting for the class.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

wpc56
Suspended

Post#186 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:50 pm

@Gamesbond

If the plan was to test it, what was the hypothesis/goal for implementing this tactic and why is it only on one faction and not another. (You are referring to them as "balance team"... unless those on the balance team have different definition for balance)

It's 2020, people are quite savvy about hidden tactic and perception manipulation.

If you don't explain the why you are introducing this new tactic but just claim to "test" something and only to bring it back from 25% to 10% in a week's time, everyone will see it's a pure nerf to one faction but the lead team simply aren't honest about it.

As for the reaction, dest won't care because they got something out of it and order will whine or quit because it's not balanced at all. (sounds like certain country's political climate, no?)

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#187 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:52 pm

wpc56 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:50 pm @Gamesbond

If the plan was to test it, what was the hypothesis/goal for implementing this tactic and why is it only on one faction and not another. (You are referring to them as "balance team"... unless those on the balance team have different definition for balance)

It's 2020, people are quite savvy about hidden tactic and perception manipulation.

If you don't explain the why you are introducing this new tactic but just claim to "test" something and only to bring it back from 25% to 10% in a week's time, everyone will see it's a pure nerf to one faction but the lead team simply aren't honest about it.

As for the reaction, dest won't care because they got something out of it and order will whine or quit because it's not balanced at all. (sounds like certain country's political climate, no?)
I'm not warning you twice in the same thread. Take a break. You can message me in a couple days if you cool down.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

JarlBerzirk

Post#188 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:54 pm

Soooo just like whats been happening to Destro since Summer?

Ads
Gurf

Post#189 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:56 pm

As it is right now aoe WL will have 0-5% chance to Crit if there is a Chosen in the opposition Warband, while Mara can have up to 55% crit with the same base aoe attack.... balance

I'm guess the plan is to eventually reduce it to 10% but why is that even needed? The issue was Forts and Order ranged aoe dps
Last edited by Gurf on Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zij83

Post#190 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:57 pm

I play exclusively destro and if something the devs do breaks the game so that destro always wins I absolutely care. The game is no fun without competition. I'm guessing here but I think it might be an attempt to help with the fact that destro has a hard time going against the amount of AOE order brings to forts. This change has barely been in the game and very few have even got to see it before immediately people are crying for it to be reverted. He's already said they are looking into it and will adjust as needed. What more do you want from them?