Recent Topics

Ads

Fort Tracker One Week In

Let's talk about... everything else
Justicedelivers

Re: Fort Tracker One Week In

Post#21 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:17 am

It is not a matter of balance or issue if you ask me, it is a matter of organization and will.

When order wants to push zones or go for a fort, we have 2-3 organized wbs around, warband leaders communicate and we succeed most of the times.

If destro manage to have 2-3 organized wbs inside a fort, will be difficult for order to push and have these high win ratios in forts.

Months ago when i started this game order were losing everything; forts, cities, oRvR, numbers, everything. We adapted, learned to play as underdogs and its fun!

I am aware that many destro leading figures taking a break, but new ones can step up and make things happen.

Last but not least, destro lack the "pride" spirit if you ask me, again seen by order perspective.
Aillune

Ads
Naelar

Post#22 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:22 am

Justicedelivers wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:17 am It is not a matter of balance or issue if you ask me, it is a matter of organization and will.

When order wants to push zones or go for a fort, we have 2-3 organized wbs around, warband leaders communicate and we succeed most of the times.

If destro manage to have 2-3 organized wbs inside a fort, will be difficult for order to push and have these high win ratios in forts.

Months ago when i started this game order were losing everything; forts, cities, oRvR, numbers, everything. We adapted, learned to play as underdogs and its fun!

I am aware that many destro leading figures taking a break, but new ones can step up and make things happen.

Last but not least, destro lack the "pride" spirit if you ask me, again seen by order perspective.
Heh. 'Realm pride' for order = 'zerg' for destro. (speaking from an Order perspective)

Amorphium

Post#23 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:48 am

Acidic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:53 am Last 12 forts not a single Destro fort win, even the order trolls should be seeing a problem
there is something wrong for sure but what? The class balance is imho not nearly bad enough to account for the disparity in win rates, I also don't think destro is worse at the game than order

Acidic

Post#24 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:08 am

Amorphium wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:48 am
Acidic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:53 am Last 12 forts not a single Destro fort win, even the order trolls should be seeing a problem
there is something wrong for sure but what? The class balance is imho not nearly bad enough to account for the disparity in win rates, I also don't think destro is worse at the game than order
Maybe could be related to the recent changes ?
Previously there have been numerous posts on Destro vs order win conditions, all the win conditions that were listed for Destro have been nerfed. Order ones stayed as they were. Strange the fort win lose ratio has changed from reasonable to Destro failing, there is a clear correlation . But order just fixate on own benefit and ignore state of game.

Naelar

Post#25 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:34 am

Destro ranged aoe is every bit as good as Order aoe (especially defending in a funnel). We just don't use it enough. What I've seen lately defending forts is too few healers, too few aoe (sorc, magus) and too many marauders and hurr durr choppas that don't know how to use anything beyond GTDC. Destro has the synergies between classes, we have the tools. But we don't use them.

Just my 2 cents, from one that has been both aoe and healer in fort defenses.

Edit: also, too many idiots skirmishing outside when the door is down to 20% or so, instead of heeding the calls to get inside the damn keep for defense.

Gurf

Post#26 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:57 am

Acidic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:08 am
Previously there have been numerous posts on Destro vs order win conditions, all the win conditions that were listed for Destro have been nerfed. Order ones stayed as they were. Strange the fort win lose ratio has changed from reasonable to Destro failing, there is a clear correlation . But order just fixate on own benefit and ignore state of game.
Surely the changes to Forts in last patches made it easier to take forts not harder? ie less damage from poison and fewer population (ie less aoe pressure)

Naelar

Post#27 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:05 am

Gurf wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:57 am
Acidic wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:08 am

Surely the changes to Forts in last patches made it easier to take forts not harder? ie less damage from poison and fewer population (ie less aoe pressure)
My experience with forts going back to when it was 240 v 192 was that lower numbers tend to favor the attacker, for the reasons you stated.

franzjaeger

Post#28 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:11 am

Justicedelivers wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:17 am It is not a matter of balance or issue if you ask me, it is a matter of organization and will.

This utter nonsense again. In every thread you see this, without fail.

When destro have the numbers = "destro mindless zerg" and order as clever honorable underdogs, "order pride" blah blah blah

Now order has the zerg numbers and it's still "order pride", order are better organized, destro can only win with zerg and have no "pride" or aren't trying hard enough. How can you say this shite with a straight face?

Order have the numbers to push forts and the classes to win them, please tell me what that has to do with "pride" or communication? Does the xrealmers from destro that help you dominate have order pride as well? Or the order xrealmers who jump ship at first sight of a city push? Bollocks.

Ads
azzawite88

Post#29 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:26 am

All i see is whine and QQ here, blaming everything but the fact that you are about as useful as a chocolate teapot without your zergs, learn to play and get good.

Naelar

Post#30 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:45 am

azzawite88 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:26 am All i see is whine and QQ here, blaming everything but the fact that you are about as useful as a chocolate teapot without your zergs, learn to play and get good.
If you think you can show players how to 'git gud' when outnumbered 1.5-2/1, come on down. We welcome learning your superior 'tactics' and 'working together'. Put your actions where your mouth is.

On the other hand, if this is just a bunch of talk, shut your f'n pie hole.