Recent Topics

Ads

Call to the development team

Let's talk about... everything else
DirkDaring

Re: Call to the development team

Post#11 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Kylashandra wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:25 pm +1

We are slowly losing options in this game. WAR was Rvr centered but never forced you into it. There was content for everyone to enjoy, those who prefered small scale pvp could roam / have fun in SC / duel. There are several changes on RoR that is seemingly trying to force everyone into ONE single type of gameplay : mindless mass RvR.

- The signature class strengths are slowly being removed so that no single class can shine on its own in small scale (SM absorb spec, KOTBS runefang,...) outside of the classical roaming classes (sham / AM / SH / WE/ WH).
- The removal of buff stacking which allowed 6vXX and allowed small organized teams to shine, without having to rely on an overpowered set (say : sov which is way outscaling anything else in game).
- The addition of AoEs hiting 24 targets instead of the initial 9 brings a way too easy mean to win by stacking the same classes ad nauseam and favors the zerg.
- The changes brought into SCs, which are currently focusing on dumbing them down : the good size for SCs was and still is 12v12. 18 + SCs just feel like RvR and forces large scale PvP into SCs. Previously we only had Battle for Praag which felt that way, but it's getting more and more the case with alot of SCs.
I personnaly like SCs because we can have small scale PvP where individual skill and class knowledge can make a significant impact. The most recent changes to objectives in some Scs force combat on a single objective ( thunder moutain, black cairn, reikland hills), which usually leads to a melee ball chain farming on spot instead of having to split to hold objectives. It probably brings some confort to people used to blobing and waving arms mindlessly but it's definately not a satisfying way to enjoy SCs.

Correct one of things that Mythic did well with Dark Age of Camelot, and Warhammer was the ability to give every class options of how to play that class, you can play a cleric, and be all buffs heals, or play a smite cleric etc, something that is trying being removed here , with the mindset of this is how the game was meant to be but its not how Mythic designed their games.

Mythic games were designed to support many different types of playstyles, not just focusing on one general type of gameplay Zerg.

I remember a couple years ago they temporally removed 2H tanks ability to guard , why because to many tanks were using a 2H trying to have fun, and not using a shield and just being a buff bot, meatshield like they wanted,

I remember like 5 years ago it was stated that we are not going to fall into the same traps they plagued Mythic in warhammer, no OP gear sets, with high armor and set bonus that ruin endgame play for everyone not at endgame, but here we are.

I wish they would have just taken the game, brought it here stopped Renown gain as far as mastery, and renown abilites at 80 like they did, kept gear creep to a minimum, and left classes as they were, almost every class in the game has had their tactics, mastery, or abilities messed up.

My time here is about done, its a shame I loved Warhammer, and no you cant have my stuff when i leave .

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#12 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:41 pm

The last year or so for the Knight has been one long tragedy of unnecessary nerfs. Knight has never been a DPS monster, and its always been a very strong tanky tank that is best in warband play. Knight has never been a stand out dmg dealer.

The initial change around of MS with Runefang was unnecessary since it didn't make MS more viable, it just nerfed Runefang because dest was mad about the flat stat amounts it granted, even though Chosen was just as strong of a class. In fact, MS was nerfed with 15% + damage as a decently hefty price to pay to get it.

This new change is just as unnecessary, it doesn't make physical builds more viable as a trade off, it just nerfed Knight because, well I'm still not sure why, because big swords and magic seemed too fun (lookin at you next elgi SM)? So physical DPS knight is still subpar and no more MS for you.

So taking stock, they have removed MS as even a base career tactic, and Runefang was made a tree tactic but lost its offensive stats and Knight got nothing in return except 2 more elemental dmg abilities (one of which is a CC that should never be spammed).

So at the end of the day we just get Knight with nerfed Runefang for physical damage (lol) purposes and no magic dmg options. Warlord and Sov have been released and Armor and avoidances are higher than ever but Knights now have less options against it than ever re WS or strikethrough. So this whole journey has been a physical damage nerf to Knight, which already had the lowest damage of the tanks...

IMO, if they don't want any magic dmg on knights, at least give a route to +WS and + Str, even if it cost +15% dmg so that a DPS (relatively speaking) support/solo tank build can be possible
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Martok

Post#13 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:42 pm

When I joined the server back in 2016 one of the first Dev post I recall reading stated how the Devs were not interested in one v one play. My reaction was, ok, and moved on to play one v one as often as I could anyway.

You just adapt to the environment as the environment changes.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

VindicoAtrum

Post#14 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:02 pm

Josewales wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:12 pm As a WL, I don’t know if it’s really a nerf. Instead of initial dps from pounce, it’s distributed in the middle of rotations instead. I am noticing more critical damage from pet via enemy addon. And also intentionally roamed solo to bait a WE to see. I noticed they melt quicker once I dust off from a KD. Also chaining targets in zerg brawls, the new dps trade off is more suited for. Better sustainability imo. Anyways my 2 cents.
That's the whole point... Did you actually read the post?

WL burst was too high, so they take the damage off pounce... and off squig leap too since "muh faction balance" despite the fact that no-one ever complains about MSH burst.

MoltenCoreMoshpit

Post#15 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:40 pm

personal bias leaking into balance changes is bad for any mmo eg. Ghostcrawler admitting he hated certain classes during cataclysm wow xpack. It's been the killer of many fun specs over time. Nerf Albion crush stun chain ;p

TwistedSister77

Post#16 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:25 am

/sarcasm

Great, I have a ton of nerf items that would make my Brightwizard rock 1v1 and 1v 2.

Or melt even more in group play...

Toshutkidup

Post#17 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:35 am

VindicoAtrum wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:02 pm despite the fact that no-one ever complains about MSH burst.
Guess you haven’t watched my streams lol.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Dwarni

Post#18 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:00 am

Wushi wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:32 pm If you really want to look at faction balance, look at the whole faction. Why is order overperforming in forts for example? Well, the ranged classes are attractive and fun, people love playing Bright Wizards and Engineers...etc etc...
And how should developers fix this, or should they even try to fix this?

I mean if class XYZ is underperforming compared to the mirror class, ok it is the developer's job to fix this. But a faction does underperform as a whole just because the players of that faction want to mostly play only 2h tanks and melee DPS can't and shouldn't be fixed by developers, since it is a problem of player's choice.

There are just too many melee DPS and 2h Tanks. And even worse if you ask something for advice you get answers like this: "Don't play SnB Tanks they are useless, they don't do any damage". "Magus is the worst destro class".

So on the one hand destro complains that they lose because order has too many specific range classes and on the other hand they demotivate new players from playing one of the aoe heavy range classes or Sword and Shield tank, which can counter AOE range quite good.

Ads
Trema

Post#19 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:32 pm

It's a shame that the developers are so hostile to suggestions and what the majority of the playerbase want. I've been playing since the beginning and just can't be bothered to log on with the current game state. I really want to love this game and put hours upon hours into it.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#20 » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:42 pm

Trema wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:32 pm It's a shame that the developers are so hostile to suggestions and what the majority of the playerbase want. I've been playing since the beginning and just can't be bothered to log on with the current game state. I really want to love this game and put hours upon hours into it.
We're not particularly hostile to suggestions, but rather the way those suggestions are delivered. We use community feedback for several balance changes, however it's not a popularity contest as to what gets implemented. That would result in some very strange and unbalanced states.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog