Recent Topics

Ads

Healer advice

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sofong

Re: Healer advice

Post#11 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:41 am

all healers are decent in this game, i would pick zeal/runep for pure healing.

Ads
Rhuiner

Post#12 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:38 pm

Made it to 20/20 with the event, so that was cool. So more questions time!

1) I really seemed to catch on to my role in scenarios well enough and was able to get the three piece scout gear set so most of my slots are full. But I am broke as anything and was told about mounts and last names. So first question, is if there are suggestions on how I can more easily grind public events or something for stuff to sell? I was doing some, the trolls one and the humans close by, and it was slow as paint drying (but did speed up some when I figured out you can auto attack!). That said, them being in groups of two isn't really dangerous, either.

2) Is there anything I should be working towards or anything as I level up? Does it matter if I don't do every chapter of the chaos story?

thanks!

RathBrand

Post#13 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:48 pm

My advice if you are looking to get some gold is to just find a spot with a lot of mobs and grind them. You'll get gear you can sell. If you have a gathering profession (scavenging, salvaging, butchering) you can also get crafting materials that you can use or sell. Sometimes you get dye drops that will also vendor for a few gold. If you can do this while also doing a PQ, that's even better. Note: it's still a slow grind so just expect that. Do it when there is some down time in RvR (eg. When City Sieges are up).

In RvR, make sure to accept the repeatable kill quests from NPCs in the War Camps. These award some gold and XP and are easy to complete when in a warband. When you return o the War Camp, always check to see if the quest is complete and turn in and re-accept it again.

For mounts, you definitely want to make sure you have the +50% mount if you haven't gotten it already. It is vital for RvR. Cost is 8 - 10 gold depending on where you buy it. Some RvR guilds will even help you buy it because it is so important.

You also generally want your Renown Rank to be higher than your Career Rank. Shoot for an RR of at least 10 levels higher than your CR when you hit 40.

Generally the main thing you are working toward while leveling are:
  • gear sets for you level (purchased via medallions or emblems)
  • unlocking additional higher level skills (eg WP get's a lot of AOE heals)
  • investing Skill Points in the Skill Tree of your choosing and unlocking those skills

Naelar

Post#14 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:41 pm

When you get to the t2 warcamps, there are also a lot of travel and scouting quests available. Scout this BO, go here, talk to this guy. Those are basically free money.

Rhuiner

Post#15 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Thank you for the cash suggestions!

What constitutes a "direct heal"? I assumed right off the bat that would exclude AoE healing? Is it anything that is a single target healing spell? Does that apply to only heal? What about that also heal over time?

I started off by taking the talent that makes flash of chaos crit more, and I feel like I use that often, but also do a ton of heal over times and AoE healing and wasn't sure where to focus.

adzcriz

Post#16 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:28 pm

Rhuiner wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:58 pm Thank you for the cash suggestions!

What constitutes a "direct heal"? I assumed right off the bat that would exclude AoE healing? Is it anything that is a single target healing spell? Does that apply to only heal? What about that also heal over time?

I started off by taking the talent that makes flash of chaos crit more, and I feel like I use that often, but also do a ton of heal over times and AoE healing and wasn't sure where to focus.
I can give you my build which is fairly popular, its a circle build, built around Ritual of lunacy for zealot.

From Right tree you want the Ritual of lunacy and the Tactic Tzeetchs Grip. from the middle tree you want Tzeench's refreshment (Get this one last when youre close to 40 if youre not already) and i typically dump rest of mastery points int he left tree to buff flash of chaos. You want the following tactics

Restorative Burst, blessing of chaos, Tzeetchs grip and refreshment. in the reknown abilities max out heal crit then go for futile strikes.

Rotation is rather simple, drop a ritual of lunacy and this will proc all your tactics as it counts as a direct heal, you will spawn shields on everyone in your group with crits and your flash will proc shields etc, you should never run out of ap. Flash is your bread and butter, spam it and throw hots out. Dust of pandemonium when you need intensive AOE healing and keep leaping alteration on cooldown. I avoid dark medicine tbh. Elixir has its uses for intensive single target healing but not very practical in rvr as it makes you stationary.

Use armour bonus talismans in everything. this is what my mastery looks like RoR.builders - Zealot
Cykosis - Zealot ~ Resident Psychotic Healer

Rhuiner

Post#17 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:44 pm

Thank you! I am 24/23 right now and am alchemy for the crit (4) and the rest in the other end for the ae heal over time at the moment. I am wearing the armor set from the Scallion dungeons and also have the SC t2 set.

I had started salvaging/talisman but think i might change. I really don't seem to be leveling salvaging anywhere near the speed to keep up with stuff to salvage.

adzcriz

Post#18 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:21 pm

Rhuiner wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:44 pm Thank you! I am 24/23 right now and am alchemy for the crit (4) and the rest in the other end for the ae heal over time at the moment. I am wearing the armor set from the Scallion dungeons and also have the SC t2 set.

I had started salvaging/talisman but think i might change. I really don't seem to be leveling salvaging anywhere near the speed to keep up with stuff to salvage.
low level talis are fine and cheap as chips on the auction house tbh. just stick white/green talis in, i wouldnt worry about expensive stuff til youre in vanquisher/invader gear etc
Cykosis - Zealot ~ Resident Psychotic Healer

Ads
RathBrand

Post#19 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:50 pm

Rhuiner wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:44 pm I had started salvaging/talisman but think i might change. I really don't seem to be leveling salvaging anywhere near the speed to keep up with stuff to salvage.
Yeah, I'm leveling salvaging on a character right now and it feels slower than the scavenging skill which you level just by looting corpses. Scavenging also works with Talisman Making so that's an alternative to consider. But overall, it's best to set aside some time to find a nice group of mobs to grind and scavenge/salvage at whatever level you are currently leveling through. Also a good way to make gold from the other drops you get so you are kind of killing two birds with one stone.

Rhuiner

Post#20 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:05 pm

For renown I was thinking Deft Dodge, Wounds, +% healing crit seemed to make sense? Would you suggest deft dodge or wounds first? Or try to keep them even?