Recent Topics

Ads

Feedback on city matchmaking

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
nuadarstark

Re: Feedback on city matchmaking

Post#71 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:43 am

Funny salt thread.

Amusing thing is these guys have no issue farming and grieving order solo qers who have few less folks than them even, but bitch here when they get a 24 order organised pug.

I mean, the matchmaking is usually dreadful, but it is still hilarious.
Last edited by GamesBond on Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't name shame or start another pointless drama in this thread
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#72 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 am

KissShot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:01 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:58 pm
KissShot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:38 pm

But I have poor people skills ;)
No, you just play a witch elf is all.

/s
/s too small to see, WE buff confirmed. thanks boss
I don't want to encourage you both but the exchange between the two of you was/is pretty damn funny
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

Brickson

Post#73 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:47 am

Spoiler:
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:08 pm
Shanell wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:53 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:20 pm If we wanted it to be heavily matchmade, it would have easily been implemented that way.

We're well aware that some people would prefer to soloqueue for every piece of content in the game with minimal interaction among other people and hope the system appropriately places them in a situation where mild efforts might carry them to victory, but this piece of content at the highest end of the game asks for a higher level of coordination.
Why not make a situation in which people who "prefer to soloqueue for every piece of content" will meet other people who prefer the same, but make it less rewarding than being in premade wb vs premade wb. Like 1/2 of bags that premade mirrors have.
You have content you can soloqueue into, they have appropriate rewards. Cities are not solo-able, and have appropriate rewards. The high level tier of play requires teamwork and awareness of group composition to reliably win, not getting lucky with a queue. If you enjoy solo content, feel free to continue queueing for the pug scenario, running in open warbands, or yolo-ing into the city where you're much more likely to get stomped. The options for you to play at a high level are the same for everyone in the city. Organize your groups, coordinate your strategy, and reap the rewards.

Why can you even soloqueue if cites aren't supposed to be played "solo"?
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

M0rw47h

Post#74 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 am

So "unwanted" people can play too.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#75 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:11 pm

The reason for matchmaking is quite simple sub 70s will have to pug. The warband will not always be 2 2 2 or contain the correct meta. 6 and 12 man are to increase the bag drop rate for the players since this has changed 24 warbands should be made. Dont expect the devs to hold youre hand and do this for you. Players who are city loggers are experienced enough to know what is required and the lead are competent so get your act together and sort this out youreselves. The city requirement should be changed to somewhere between 60 and 70 rr anything else is just dead wieght and brings nothing to the wb.

TreefAM

Post#76 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:36 pm

"Everything below is just dead weight" but that's not true?
As a 52knight was 2nd in protection, kept my slayer alive against a determined melee deathball and we won our city. Seen conq/vanq doks outheal and outposition full sov 80+ ones and lots of bis gear people just failing in their following/assisting/listening.

Acidic

Post#77 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:43 pm

TreefAM wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:36 pm "Everything below is just dead weight" but that's not true?
As a 52knight was 2nd in protection, kept my slayer alive against a determined melee deathball and we won our city. Seen conq/vanq doks outheal and outposition full sov 80+ ones and lots of bis gear people just failing in their following/assisting/listening.
Have to agree here, rr and gear progression can be farmed by anyone , just takes time. Knowing what to do and caring is another. There is more than a few sov players who have yet to realize tali’s should be slotted

Brickson

Post#78 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Spoiler:
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 am So "unwanted" people can play too.
...and can be told that what they are doing is wrong and that they deserve to be stomped :D

I'm just hoping for a more elegant solution for the long term.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Ads
lyncher12

Post#79 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:09 pm

Brickson wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:49 pm
Spoiler:
M0rw47h wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:56 am So "unwanted" people can play too.
...and can be told that what they are doing is wrong and that they deserve to be stomped :D

I'm just hoping for a more elegant solution for the long term.
by the time that happens they will have either quit or got enough pity crests for sovereign anyways

it would also have some way to abuse it even if it came to pass. at that point if creating a 2/2/2 meant you would face a 2/2/2 why would you do it? i would 100% take the 5 engineer **** show over a guild wb that would lose by 300 kills to try to win by pveing or getting farmed because you made a /5 wb and got matched against an alliance wb.

i would much rather see the game become completed than worry about matchmaking for the worst part of the game

Hat

Post#80 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:53 pm

it's pretty hilarious you claim to only be interested in "fair" fights when you spent most of last night blobbing with tup in tm :roll: