Recent Topics

Ads

The current meta is making ROR boring

Let's talk about... everything else
Manatikik

Re: The current meta is making ROR boring

Post#41 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:02 pm

Wam wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:57 pm
Rekoom wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:10 am Wam I've tried asking the community about counters to the Slayer train in a topic that gets 0 replies to - you say there are many & I would really like to know about them and get better. Could you contribute there or here on that topic?

Yes even if you lose you get rewards indeed but it's always more fun to struggle and win than to get splattered :).
Mara's/Bork/Dok

AP drain - cc- tanky / waagh shatter / tanky detaunt

Windblock from zealots is something op that is not talked about, i wonder why :lol: that is also a counter 8-)

Even shaman puddle and just general CC from tanks (if your choppa's havent given out free immunities like candy that is)

There is a few good sl in NGE, TUP, 6 man's... and maybe some others, but majority of slayers are average and if your dying to average slayer stack then your warband has bigger issues for losing in my honest opinion.

Slayer has strength and weakness just like choppa, which can leave it exposed.

Also BW do more dmg than slayer, but again alot of bad BW's who stand still cast ROF with little movement and don't know how to bomb properly or lack proper support.

There is no fixed meta has there is no fixed city time and whats available varies from city to city... destro has alot more options though / variety too in the dps department, where order is more rigid again depending on whats available as its harder to accomodate more than one niche classes order side if any.
People dont want to accept the fact the easiest way to stop losing is to stop sucking. Out of 20+ instances for most cities maybe 2-3 on order at most are decent; the rest are free wins for Destro (same thing for order but 4-5 good des). Most people complaining are simply put just really bad at the game and no strategy will increase their chances at winning.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#42 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm

Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:38 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:48 am The people who pretend this isnt an issue are wrong.

Clearly something is wrong when 1 ability, GTDC, changed the entire way fighting is done due to constant pull, stun, die. Throw Pounce on MDPS SH and it got even worse. The ability of Destro to CC Order is clearly out of proportion compared to Orders ability to do the same. Dest picks the engagements, then it is a race to see who has better Slayer/Choppa AoE Spam.

Slayer shoudnt be the only useful DPS on Order. But that's how Order is, Knight, Slayer, WP, repeat. SM, WL, RP are ok seconds but are an "off-meta" role at best. Everything else should be logged out or rerolled.
GTDC spam is only good against bad players. Any real organized WB will not have Choppa spamming that, because all it ends up doing is giving free immunities for when you actually need to CC people.
I swear behind every dest player is parrot because I keep hearing ppl repeat this again and again, yet in every city, regardless of which guild I fight, there are 2-4 choppas, all spamming GTDC and usually one of them is top DPS.

So this whole only for bad players thing is a load of horse ****.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Gurf

Post#43 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:57 pm

Yup you see nearly all Choppas spamming this pretty much all the time, as it's not just the pull it's the interrupt, GTDC also ignores focus mind immunity, which isnt mentioned much either

Manatikik

Post#44 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:04 pm

Gurf wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:57 pm Yup you see nearly all Choppas spamming this pretty much all the time, as it's not just the pull it's the interrupt, GTDC also ignores focus mind immunity, which isnt mentioned much either
Uhh... FM doesnt prevent punts/pulls friend. Thats working as intended.
<Montague><Capulet>

Acidic

Post#45 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:17 pm

One thing to remember is that class balance included the morals in balancing, since the moral nerf (which I think is right) the natural predator to mele ball was moral damage. This is not there making the mele trains much more effective. I would suggest some adjustment needed to address this.

On the side note of slayer rampage , shatter is parriable , tanks have low strike through so shatter means u need to position and hope u are not cc by slayers tank , even then it is a crap shot if that is top buff that is shattered. Waaag won’t help u much as slayer should have hit u with shattered limbs and has own cd reduction tactic. So yes there are things that can be done but it takes very good play to fight a blob fighting style, not balanced . As for NGE slayers yes they are good which makes it very tuff as they don’t make mistakes to give a win condition that most slayers do.

In short the slayer blob played properly wins already , there are things that can be done to produce errors from them that give you chances to exploit but the balance is way off.

But this is only relevant in guild vs guild and not the bulk of Destro vs order city results as that is decided by poor setup vs functioning setup.

iantheace

Post#46 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:34 pm

People are all discussing 'Wins vs losses' here.

This was not my topic.

My topic was BORING vs NOT BORING :). Some of my most fun cities are ones ive lost.

Onigokko0101

Post#47 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:45 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm
Onigokko0101 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:38 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:48 am The people who pretend this isnt an issue are wrong.

Clearly something is wrong when 1 ability, GTDC, changed the entire way fighting is done due to constant pull, stun, die. Throw Pounce on MDPS SH and it got even worse. The ability of Destro to CC Order is clearly out of proportion compared to Orders ability to do the same. Dest picks the engagements, then it is a race to see who has better Slayer/Choppa AoE Spam.

Slayer shoudnt be the only useful DPS on Order. But that's how Order is, Knight, Slayer, WP, repeat. SM, WL, RP are ok seconds but are an "off-meta" role at best. Everything else should be logged out or rerolled.
GTDC spam is only good against bad players. Any real organized WB will not have Choppa spamming that, because all it ends up doing is giving free immunities for when you actually need to CC people.
I swear behind every dest player is parrot because I keep hearing ppl repeat this again and again, yet in every city, regardless of which guild I fight, there are 2-4 choppas, all spamming GTDC and usually one of them is top DPS.

So this whole only for bad players thing is a load of horse ****.
? It really isn't. You kind of roasted yourself there though.

Any of the very few good Order premades is going to laugh at GTDC spam, because it isnt hard to counter and it hands out free immunities that are MUCH better spend properly CCing targets at the right times.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

witc0m

Post#48 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:24 am

It's getting old to listen to Destro try and downplay how objectively strong GTDC is.

I still stand by what I've said previously: take Rampage away from Slayers and give them a GTDC mirror called "Get to the Beard". I guarantee within 2 weeks Destro will complain so hard about how OP it is that both abilities will be removed from the game.

Ads
heybaws

Post#49 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:25 am

Can you name those guys, who claim that current city meta is boring?

Omegus

Post#50 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:51 am

Gurf wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:57 pm Yup you see nearly all Choppas spamming this pretty much all the time, as it's not just the pull it's the interrupt, GTDC also ignores focus mind immunity, which isnt mentioned much either
Focused Mind lets you shrug off roots, snares, silence, disarms, disabled (stun/stagger) and set back. It does not provide immunity to interupt and pull.

Which parts of Focused Mind is GTDC ignoring?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot