Recent Topics

Ads

The State of RvR and the Elephant in the Room

Let's talk about... everything else
TreefAM

Re: The State of RvR and the Elephant in the Room

Post#11 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:38 pm

But you can still do stuff as groups, just two nights ago I broke a siege with a 10man (only 2healers) and a 4-5 people jumping from the walls.
You can still fight the zerg and win, the change to the keep doors is a good thing since it stopped that lazy strategy of just suiciding on the ram or suiciding near the keep just to get a ress inside. Stop running with pugs and organize yourselves, honestly it's not that hard to run a group in discord, sure you'll fail a lot of times, out of 20 fights you might get 2-3 good ones and the rest is a stomp either way.

Ads
Caduceus

Post#12 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:49 pm

lifeson wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:26 pm Some nice ideas there.
But this statement "it requires no more effort or skill to participate in City Sieges than RvR" is not true.

Probably one of the main reasons destro dominate city is because they have more teams and guilds who are willing to take more care about how they spec for city, how they practice tactics and team compositions. Yes, the gear plays a part too of course.
In oRVR you can turn up as, just an example, an aoe engineer, toss a few grenades and reap the rr while not actually making much of a difference to focused kills, pull the boss from outside the keep with your turret, go afk.....and get a gold bag.

The difference in effort and skill is vast.
Note the careful choice of the word "participate". (and not "win")
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Akalukz

Post#13 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Make city sieges require xxx amount of Fort Tokens. Cities happen at specific times on specific days. RNG = City Stars at the start of the Seige. Star count not shown till queue time is closed.

Unsuccessful Fort Defense/Offense - 1 token
Successful For Defense/Offense - 2 tokens

Each City requires 10 Tokens (or whatever #) This way Guild/Alliances can schedule actual warbands/groups to do cities together.

EDIT: Put a time on pairing locks. If a pairing is locked for 6 hours (or whatever hrs) reset.
-= Agony =-

havartii

Post#14 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:23 pm

The reason people will sit 30 min staring at a door with a chance they may not even get in is only because of the reward. Yes many enjoy cities, many just do it because they have to. If royals were not attached to cities there would not be the turn out for them at 5 in the morning on a work day, maybe not even at all. With limited time and resources I think the devs are doing the best they can. That said, there have been some good suggestions that should be considered. What I would like to see is a podcast maybe once a month, even 1 every 3 months with devs chatting with some of the content creators about possible/ workable solutions to some of the challenges the game is facing.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

aa91837

Post#15 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:40 pm

Akalukz wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:03 pm Make city sieges require xxx amount of Fort Tokens. Cities happen at specific times on specific days. RNG = City Stars at the start of the Seige. Star count not shown till queue time is closed.

Unsuccessful Fort Defense/Offense - 1 token
Successful For Defense/Offense - 2 tokens

Each City requires 10 Tokens (or whatever #) This way Guild/Alliances can schedule actual warbands/groups to do cities together.
Avesome idea ! totally agree, hope devs will listen sugestion like this
Nobody on the broken noob class

zak68

Post#16 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:18 pm

i would make supplies door repair proportional to aoo to the extent of completely outdoing ram damage.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#17 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:49 pm

zak68 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:18 pm i would make supplies door repair proportional to aoo to the extent of completely outdoing ram damage.
Making a link between AAO and the effect of return supplies looks a good point.

Satarial

Post#18 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:50 pm

Fantastic original post

One of the greatest barriers I see currently is the amount of time and how limiting it can be to fully gear a character in one Sovereign set compounded by three sets being available. Especially when you consider a sizable portion of the population remaining are players who were around for live and have come to enjoy playing many different classes, a long daunting process to gear all of them up to a competitive level, not just entry level Invader.

Right now, some players are even completely excluded from endgame gear because of how the population dictates when city sieges occur. As an NA EST player, an early morning city siege before work or a midday city siege while still at work on average does come with some sacrifice and challenge.

Consider also the community now has it down to a science, run through zones on Order then log Destruction characters for city because of the perceived advantages of both sides. Alternative gearing paths to endgame gear for every style of play, RvR/City/Scenarios/Ranked, would be a healthier long-term focused progression for the server and also bolster the other areas of the game. Even if this alternative gearing path consisted of twice the amount of time spent in Scenarios for Sovereign as compared to cities (as an example). At least when someone logs in, they know they're progressing towards Sovereign and they'll be more motivated to play, not frustrated because it's been three days since they were able to get a city.

I do believe most of us still playing on this server are here because we enjoy what Warhammer Online did right, however, what made sense to keep people paying for a subscription with a long gear treadmill just doesn't feel right for a lot of players who do enjoy progression, but have already gone through it, and now want to enjoy the game for more than just a painstaking long grind for gear.
Shadowhealx - Zealot
Shadowhealxxx - Rune Priest

OOP Heals Extraordinaire | Badlands OG - RR100 Zealot/Runepriest

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Post#19 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:39 pm

These ideas from the original post are excellent. Moving the focus back to the lakes and not the city instance, through invader/royals at 70/80 in rvr, and removing the need to city for gear, would be tremendous. The lakes gameplay is fun, I and many others enjoy the back and forth, the zone switching to find keeps we can siege while avoiding the vangauards, it's all engaging and fun. Given that more players get to to enjoy the lakes more often it's a no-brainer.

+1.

rwknight

Post#20 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:26 pm

BIG Thumbs up to this post!!

RR50+ DESTRO = Zeal / Magus / Chosen / Sham / Choppa / SH / WE / BG / DoK / Sorc
RR50+ ORDER = WP / BW / KoTBS / RP / Engi / IB / AM / WH / SM / WL

★ ★ ★ KNOW YOUR ENEMY ★ ★ ★