Recent Topics

Ads

Secret nerfs

Let's talk about... everything else
Crumbs

Secret nerfs

Post#1 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:17 am

Engi turrets are doing less than half the damage they used to. Is this intended?
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Glorian

Re: Secret nerfs

Post#2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:58 am

There is a ticket opened for it. But no more info on that.

noronn

Post#3 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:59 am

"secret"

[Combat Formulas]

- Fixed some inconsistencies in when pets uses owners stats vs their own stats. They now generally use their own stats, which may include a % of certain stats from the owner.

oneangryflamer

Post#4 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:53 pm

Same for Squig. Pet is nearly useless. Either it dies within seconds or does no damage

nat3s

Post#5 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:59 pm

Not noticed this on WL, as Guardian, pet still hits like a truck.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Sundowner

Post#6 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:07 pm

nat3s wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:59 pm Not noticed this on WL, as Guardian, pet still hits like a truck.
I feed him 8 scoops of protein powder everyday, of course he hits like a truck

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:17 pm

It wouldn't be a secret change if we just told you because you asked.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Crumbs

Post#8 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:01 pm

hah this is good

- Fixed some inconsistencies in when pets uses owners stats vs their own stats. They now generally use their own stats, which may include a % of certain stats from the owner.

so fixing an inconsistency means it is now consistent across the board. Except the case now is that they "generally" use their own stats? which "may" use a % of an owners stats? Ok, so where's the consistency?

So the actual reasoning for the nerf was more like:
"some pets were nerfed based on 1 guys opinion, because he got hit harder than what he liked by someone elses pet"

And even if they did use player stats what part of that makes it "inconsistent" and warrants a nerf? just say it for what it is, a nerf. One of those nerfs in particular, happens to be for engis turrets. So yeah I'm back to square one, AKA its a secret nerf, because its blanketed under a "fix" where no fix was needed, then explained with jargon.

Stuff like this doesn't slip past me and fyi:
NO - my pet does not "generally" use its own stats
NO - my pet "may" not use a % of my stats because right now it is doing less than its own tooltip damage to a 0 armor 0 toughness target.
so please tell me about this inconsistency fix that wasn't a secret nerf, oh wait let me guess it has something to do with inconsistency
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Ads
Ysaran

Post#9 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:33 am

Turrets tooltip says exactly what stats and what percentage of them the turret will use. The inconsistency was the fact that the turret wasn't working as stated in the tooltip. If now the turret damage is not scaling in the right way then it's a bug and you should report it on the bugtracker instead of whning here.

P.S. Also, I saw no Magi/SH/WL complaining about this fix, which make me ask: aren't you maybe overreacting?
Zputadenti

dalen
Developer

Post#10 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:15 am

Before, turrets would use their own stats for dots and auto attacks, but the owners stats for direct damage abilities.

I think they also used owners outgoing damage multiplier stat on dot attacks.

So basically, depending on attack/ability type it was three different sets of stats that they used. But now it is consistently their own stats (which include a % of owner stats as stated on the tooltip).
Source Developer