Recent Topics

Ads

Wanting to take Flight

Let's talk about... everything else
Orontes

Wanting to take Flight

Post#1 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:42 am

A recent patch addressed flight masters. Despite this patch focus, I find, quite often, I cannot get flight masters to work. Do others have this same issue?

Ads
Kaelang

Re: Wanting to take Flight

Post#2 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm

I'd need more information - but I've heard no problems with flight masters.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Orontes

Post#3 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:35 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm I'd need more information - but I've heard no problems with flight masters.
I have found post-the patch fix that often flight masters when clicked do not respond. This is regardless of distance from the flight master. This has mostly been from Empire flight masters: T2-T4 and the KV (Dwarf T4) flight master. Sometimes, after multiple clicks it will convert over so I can fly to another location*, but other times, I just have to give up and use a guild vault scroll. That can be a problem as the guild vault scrolls now have a bloody long cooldown.

*I haven't been able to determine why it works some times, and not other.

thanks for looking into this.

Kaelang

Post#4 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Orontes wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:35 pm
Kaelang wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:12 pm I'd need more information - but I've heard no problems with flight masters.
I have found post-the patch fix that often flight masters when clicked do not respond. This is regardless of distance from the flight master. This has mostly been from Empire flight masters: T2-T4 and the KV (Dwarf T4) flight master. Sometimes, after multiple clicks it will convert over so I can fly to another location*, but other times, I just have to give up and use a guild vault scroll. That can be a problem as the guild vault scrolls now have a bloody long cooldown.

Run a repair in your launcher, or likely wait until tomorrows patch. Sounds like your missing an update.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Orontes

Post#5 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:09 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Run a repair in your launcher, or likely wait until tomorrows patch. Sounds like your missing an update.
Thank you. I will do that.

Orontes

Post#6 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:59 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Hello, I have run a repair, but still find a few zones that don't function, or don't function well. The flight masters in Empire zones are notably terrible. The flight masters in Ostland and Badlands won't ever work for me at all. I had no particular issues (except with the flight master in KV) before the patch fix. Now things are nasty. Have no others had these issues?

Skullgrin

Post#7 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:27 pm

All of the problems I've encountered with flight masters not responding when you click on them are due to the fact that I'm just not close enough to them at the time. I think that it has something to do with them being elevated above where you are standing and that some of them have objects in front of them that make it difficult to get really close to them. The Destro one in Kadrin Valley comes to mind, occasionally I have to circle around the stuff in front of him in order to get the flight map to activate. Try standing directly under the flight master when you click on him and see if that helps.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Orontes

Post#8 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:42 pm

Skullgrin wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:27 pm All of the problems I've encountered with flight masters not responding when you click on them are due to the fact that I'm just not close enough to them at the time. I think that it has something to do with them being elevated above where you are standing and that some of them have objects in front of them that make it difficult to get really close to them. The Destro one in Kadrin Valley comes to mind, occasionally I have to circle around the stuff in front of him in order to get the flight map to activate. Try standing directly under the flight master when you click on him and see if that helps.
Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a go. It's so bloody annoying to be rotating around and around the flight master trying to get the bugger to allow me to fly off.

Ads