Recent Topics

Ads

[Twitch Drops] - Which rewards do you prefer?

Let's talk about... everything else

Re: [Twitch Drops] - Which rewards do you prefer?

Post#31 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:11 pm

skill 200 craft items
liniments
rare dyes
cosmetic items (trophies, backs)
random lair boss appearance loot (ok maybe this one is a stretch)

Ads
GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#32 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:22 am

Added the feasible suggestions to the list. I'll be writing more down until Monday morning.
CelestianGC wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:05 pm All I ask is that we don't start seeing people wearing tophats, bikinis and sun glasses.
Ugh. Totally not. Never. Glad we don't have Korean designers :D
geezereur wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:30 pm Mount that is perma.
Mounts will never be permanent. Pets... Maybe.

KidCrestHill

Post#33 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:30 am

Mantle of the Fireborn
Spiritualvoid Chosen RR82
Fhulsa Doom Zealot RR 81
Azalin Magus RR80
Clawbomb Pileon 81
Karrum Slayer RR80
Khilas Ironbreaker RR 80
Reslick Rune Priest RR 76

Gravord

Post#34 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:33 am

Event currency to obtain, for example for some sort of event activity/quest like "watch 5 different streams for at least 2 hours each" (numbers can be tweaked ofc) would grant 1 coin per event.
Said currency could be accumulated over serie of events and spend at event vendor:
- 1 coin - any cosmetic cloak in game of player choice
- 3-5 coins - permanent mount of choice from existing offer (it would take participation in 3 events minimum to get a mount just for one character, with more basic mounts costing 3 coins and rarer, more fancy ones going up to 4 and 5 coins), lore restriction could be put in place to not see marauders running unicorns. Spider mount for gobbos, Juggernaut of Khorne for Chaos, Unicorn for Elves, Pegasus for Elves and Humans, Bear for Humans and Dwarves, Wyvern for Orks, Manticore for Chaos and Dark Elves and so on. Options are basically only limited by graphic and animation design and they could be expanded slowly over time.
- 2-5 coins - unique armor/weapon appearance items to apply, could be even entire preset visuals for full body armor, for example "savage orc" for choppa based on existing keep guards or for a single coin - pieces of that outfit otherwise impossible to obtain in game.

Other rewards to apply as random drops:
- bundle of liniments - 10 units per drop
- bundle of invader crest (lets say up to 10 for weekend event)
- bundle of royal crest (5 max per event)
- lower tier currency can be added in greater amount as possible drop

DeadNerve

Post#35 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:44 am

The city scrolls would be nice to bring back.

Its also alright to have certain things be obtainable once a year in a special event. ie: brew battlepack and goggles
Last edited by DeadNerve on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#36 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:49 am

I have put the "Coins" system on the table as it has been suggested around 4 times already, however, I personally do not support it as it heavily materializes the event and it simply becomes watching for coins.

I want to keep the event balanced. The main reason we do the event is to support streamers and the second reason is to thank the community for supporting the streamers and Return of Reckoning.

Gravord

Post#37 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 am

GamesBond wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:49 am I have put the "Coins" system on the table as it has been suggested around 4 times already, however, I personally do not support it as it heavily materializes the event and it simply becomes watching for coins.

I want to keep the event balanced. The main reason we do the event is to support streamers and the second reason is to thank the community for supporting the streamers and Return of Reckoning.
Thats true, but any form of drop rewards does that already. If theres a "free sausage" added for showing up on event, there will be always ppl who showed up just for that sausage and care for nothing else.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#38 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:43 am

Gravord wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 am Thats true, but any form of drop rewards does that already. If theres a "free sausage" added for showing up on event, there will be always ppl who showed up just for that sausage and care for nothing else.
Correct but I meant that the currency makes things unofficially materialized. Like instead of celebrating 10 hours of viewership with a pet, you celebrate it with 3 coins. The feel of the event is gone imo.

Ads
Gravord

Post#39 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:19 pm

GamesBond wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:43 am
Gravord wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:11 am Thats true, but any form of drop rewards does that already. If theres a "free sausage" added for showing up on event, there will be always ppl who showed up just for that sausage and care for nothing else.
Correct but I meant that the currency makes things unofficially materialized. Like instead of celebrating 10 hours of viewership with a pet, you celebrate it with 3 coins. The feel of the event is gone imo.
I agree but im not sure if theres a fair and balanced way of implementing rewards like "permanent mount of choice" without it. Giving it just for one twitch event feels too easy to get.
Optionally, event coin could be transfered to in game events. Or, even mixed up both for in game and twitch events and used in one event vendor shop.

Hadann

Post#40 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:14 pm

Need to keep the rewards as things that wont directly effect ingame gameplay. Giving people 24 talis, gold, pots, rr pots etc etc is just dumb and it made people who couldn't be around watch feel like they actually lost out and had a small disadvantage over those who watched. Keeping it to cosmetic items, dyes, mounts,pets etc etc is the best way to go. People should want these things but shouldn't feel they needed the drops. No matter how small an advantage is, its still an advantage and any game that gives player advantages through twitch drops is a flawed system.