Recent Topics

Ads

WL has too much utility for such high burst.

Let's talk about... everything else
raistomen

Re: WL has too much utility for such high burst.

Post#21 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:31 pm

>1. All WL utilities are bound to pet

why lie?

Ads
Sundowner

Post#22 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:33 pm

raistomen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:31 pm >1. All WL utilities are bound to pet

why lie?
Learn to read whole posts next time, I wrote this: "All WL utilities are bound to pet (and you running pet in city/against orginized wb's is a joke) except interrupt which is 1- career ability (mara's interrupt is core), 2- has 5 sec more cooldown than mara's, 3- is 15ft (when mara's is 40 ft)"

Kobra
Suspended

Post#23 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:39 pm

I think the difficulty in balancing them is that they are overpowered in roaming and 6 mans, and about correct in RVR, but not overpowered in cities.

Right now the 2 man roam meta on order is a Runepriest and WL. The Runepriest instantly stuns everyone they see, the WL pounces and kills them before the stun wears off or the WL utilizes it's superior disable/stun/snare/disarm/pull to finish the job if needed resulting in little to no risk at all for both the RP and WL.

Giving that much utility, when combined with over the top closer skills and burst is probably not the best idea. Marauder doesn't have anywhere near that level of burst. mSH is good, but not nearly as good.

Also the mSH pounce is somewhat broken. It pounces behind the target, by about 20-40 feet. The WL pounce is a true closer, and pounces on top of the target and/or directly up against them. mSH while decent, has it's own set of problems.

But we're talking about WL here. A little too much utility, combined with a little too much burst IMO. (and based on constant complaints, probably the consensus) PVP/RVR was wonderful for the 24 hours pets were broken.. Absolutely wonderful.

Sundowner

Post#24 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:58 pm

Kobra wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:39 pm I think the difficulty in balancing them is that they are overpowered in roaming and 6 mans, and about correct in RVR, but not overpowered in cities.

Right now the 2 man roam meta on order is a Runepriest and WL. The Runepriest instantly stuns everyone they see, the WL pounces and kills them before the stun wears off or the WL utilizes it's superior disable/stun/snare/disarm/pull to finish the job if needed resulting in little to no risk at all for both the RP and WL.

Giving that much utility, when combined with over the top closer skills and burst is probably not the best idea. Marauder doesn't have anywhere near that level of burst. mSH is good, but not nearly as good.

Also the mSH pounce is somewhat broken. It pounces behind the target, by about 20-40 feet. The WL pounce is a true closer, and pounces on top of the target and/or directly up against them. mSH while decent, has it's own set of problems.

But we're talking about WL here. A little too much utility, combined with a little too much burst IMO. (and based on constant complaints, probably the consensus) PVP/RVR was wonderful for the 24 hours pets were broken.. Absolutely wonderful.
WL's pounce works that way too.

Also, Balance game around 2 men roam? :D

raistomen

Post#25 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:53 pm

Sundowner wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:33 pm

why lie?
Learn to read whole posts next time, I wrote this: "All WL utilities are bound to pet (and you running pet in city/against orginized wb's is a joke) except interrupt which is 1- career ability (mara's interrupt is core), 2- has 5 sec more cooldown than mara's, 3- is 15ft (when mara's is 40 ft)"
all their utility are not bound to their pet

as I said, stop lying

havartii

Post#26 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:54 pm

I very rarely see loner spec in RvR , in cities yes. But I don't think you should balance a class around cities either. Everyone agrees they have too much burst, but nothing ever changes.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Sundowner

Post#27 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:16 pm

raistomen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:53 pm

why lie?

as I said, stop lying
stop trolling :D what utilities are not bound to pet except interrupt?

raistomen

Post#28 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 pm

Sundowner wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:16 pm

as I said, stop lying
cull, thin the herd, blindside, POUNCE , movespeed

I mean if you think these are nothing, by alll means, give them to a sorc

Ads
Valarion

Post#29 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:56 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 pm Great damage, great utility, great survivability.

Pick two.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Sundowner

Post#30 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:13 pm

raistomen wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:44 pm
Sundowner wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:16 pm

as I said, stop lying
cull, thin the herd, blindside, POUNCE , movespeed

I mean if you think these are nothing, by alll means, give them to a sorc
dude these are ST skills, they bear almost no significance in wb play.

1.pounce- mirrored on mSH which has more survivability and cc
2. movespeed- all mdps have charge
3. blindside is just DOT without tactic and NO WL uses this tactic (again, its st, mSH has aoe cd increaser and doesn't need tactic to be slotted)
4. cull- just finisher, dok has it, mara has it, straight damage, not utility
5. thin the herd- again ST, and 13 point career ability, u slot it, u cant have kd, this evens this out, doesnt it? heal debuff or kd is good tradeoff. WL is not mSH which has all damage, cc and selfbuff abilities in one tree.