Recent Topics

Ads

White Lion - Advise (new player)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Dury

White Lion - Advise (new player)

Post#1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:02 am

Hi all,

I started last week (never played live, so brand newbie to the game) and playing a dwarf runepriest. I am CR 20, RR 25 now (levelled mostly in RvR and some scenarios). While I like the rune priest, I find that it is a bit too hectic for me to try and keep everyone healed (so basically looking at group / WB health bars and not anything else much!). I think it is due to (1) me not being as good at heals as I should be and (2) most people in groups in RvR/SCN, just seem to play as if they are solo -going out of range, not protecting healers etc. Maybe at higher RR (2) will change, but for me being a bad healer would still suck. Well that, and focussing only on the group/WB healthbars all the time is a bit boring for me :)

I also love Pet Classes in general - is a Guardian line WL build viable (and hopefully not intense keypresses - my old MMORPRerwrists cant handle having to hit keys non-stop!:))? I like grouping in MMOs, so would it be decent in groups also?

Thanks in advance - sorry for the long post.

Ads
Sundowner

Re: White Lion - Advise (new player)

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:23 am

WL is good for both solo and group play. For solo and 6 man groups guardian is good, for wb you will need more aoe dmg and only interrupt skill from guardian tree.

also pounce and armor debuff is must skills for wl.

Dury

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:38 am

Thanks you . Will create one today and will play with it for a bit.

I am hoping it is not too keymashing intensive (and I like to see the battles also, not just focus on health bars in group window - think I should play with the add-ons, keybindings to target closest realm-mate with low health or something for my RP)

From my rune priest experience, I guess classes really start to flesh out only after CR/RR 20 and PvP till then is a bit of a chaotic rush (which I like - I loved the Tier 1 RvR!) :)

Sundowner

Post#4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:45 am

It's not rally keyintensive, key to play good dps class is mostly positioning and choosing good targets. Tanks and Healers are much complicated moslty

Dury

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:26 pm

Thanks again - Ronninn the White Lion is born!:)