Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Power gap

Let's talk about... everything else
Aethilmar

Re: RoR Power gap

Post#11 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:42 am

OP I'm with you but you will never gain traction on this argument. I can easily tell when I'm fighting a merc or conq geared Destro 1:1 versus when they have vanq or above. Sub conq my SM comes out with full health. Vanq or more and I usually end up between somewhat wounded and dead (depending on the class and some other circumstances).

It is the same one that was had on live, with the same types of folks denying gear power has anything to do with their win rates and we will go down the same path as live too (baby sov inc in 3...2...1).

Ads
Duukar

Post#12 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:43 am

Successful games like GW2 implement an even playing field for scenario based PvP.

This would be my preference and the skill really would be >> gear.

You people come in here and pretend like 6 man comprised of conq wouldn’t have any issues with a 6 man of sov regardless of skill level are lying and it’s obvious and it stinks. Min maxed sov will rofl stomp a conq geared player like it’s a joke. Times that advantage by 6 and now you are really showing the truth.

Not everyone has been here for 3 or 4 years and has maxed out all their toons. Keep guarding your precious advantage but don’t try to come in here and lie about what’s really going on.

Sulorie

Post#13 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:52 am

There are no evidence-based arguments for conq being significantly weaker than highest tier sets. The main differences are stats equal to a used liniment or potion and nobody would reasonably argue, that a potion or liniment is the main reason for losing a fight.
You don't magically deal twice the dmg or heal twice as strong by using higher tier sets, because the stat gain by those sets can't justify that claim.
Dying is no option.

Duukar

Post#14 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:56 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:52 am There is no evidence-based arguments for conq being significantly weaker than highest tier sets. The main differences are stats equal to a used liniment or potion and nobody would reasonably argue, that a potion or liniment is the main reason for losing a fight.
You don't magically deal twice the dmg or heal twice as strong by using higher tier sets, because the stat gain by those sets can't justify that claim.

Someone in conq doesn’t have multiple set bonuses chosen to maximize benefit leading to MUCH higher stats and health pools.

Yes this does make a MASSIVE difference. Have you ever even been in a city?

Is there maybe a reason the most competitive WBs have RR and gear restrictions?

You are straight up lying or don’t know what you are talking about. I’m sorry man.

Duukar

Post#15 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 am

I mean this claim is sooo outrageous.

When my WH was in conq 880 str with brute force was the best I could get without blowing a **** ton of rr into str. 6800 hp and 28% crit.

A min maxed WH can have 1000 str and 8 or 9k hp with maxed crit at like 45% and DROP brute force for another stronger dmg tactic.

Dear god what lies!

Sulorie

Post#16 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:30 am

Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:00 am I mean this claim is sooo outrageous.

When my WH was in conq 880 str with brute force was the best I could get without blowing a **** ton of rr into str. 6800 hp and 28% crit.

A min maxed WH can have 1000 str and 8 or 9k hp with maxed crit at like 45% and DROP brute force for another stronger dmg tactic.

Dear god what lies!
Just checked myself with conq set compared to BiS and it like 1,2k health and 100 str difference. The biggest difference is the crit rate with about 10% difference. Not entirely sure where you get those 45% crit from without adding knight buffs or absolution crit tactic.
Dying is no option.

Duukar

Post#17 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:36 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:30 am

Dear god what lies!
Just checked myself with conq set compared to BiS and it like 1,2k health and 100 str difference. The biggest difference is the crit rate with about 10% difference. Not entirely sure where you get those 45% crit from without adding knight buffs or absolution crit tactic.
So is 1.2k health and 100 str and 10% crit what you get from a liniment???

That’s a BIG difference in output. Times that by 6. Cmon man. It’s a lot to over come with skill and coordination. It’s not a problem just stop the lies.

I was being coached by one of the top WH on the server with a true min max of gear.

He was hitting those 1k str 8or9k health and 45% crit numbers without brute force.

Are you sure you have bis?

Acidic

Post#18 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:38 am

There is a power creep as with any gear upgrade.
There will be a difference from bottom to top of food chain and obviously the better the the gear you have the easier for you to be higher up the food chain.
It’s relativly easy to get gear in this game, especially with the keep respawn change.
This said the creep is from set to set is significantly lower than live
In the mmo style this game was introduced there is a standard that gear gives you an edge

So in short yes gear gives things and that is intended, how much the step increases is discusable but that each set is better than the last is part of the game.
Skill will help you but not going to hide the fact that more is more.

Ads
Likeaboss

Post#19 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:03 am

Dear god what lies!
Playing WH actually... i reached lvl 40, 2 weeks ago with RR56, 4x BL, 3xConq, 2x Dom with 39/39 SC weapons, and i didn't have any Problem to kill RR80+ guys... Sure there are people like deff Magus, and high end tanks and healers i don't need to attack with my gear.
And sometimes you kill RR80+ WE's, which are chacing you down until zone locks and laughing and jumping on your dead body.

But nevertheless you can compete with sov guys, in RvR... In SC's and like 6v6 fight and ofc city it is harder for sure...
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Sulorie

Post#20 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:26 am

Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:36 am
So is 1.2k health and 100 str and 10% crit what you get from a liniment???

That’s a BIG difference in output. Times that by 6. Cmon man. It’s a lot to over come with skill and coordination. It’s not a problem just stop the lies.

I was being coached by one of the top WH on the server with a true min max of gear.

He was hitting those 1k str 8or9k health and 45% crit numbers without brute force.

Are you sure you have bis?

BiS is 2 genesis, sentinel ring, sov ring, bloodlord weapon, fort weapon and then either 5 sov 3 more sentinel or 4 sov 4 onsl.

You will sit unbuffed at about 8,5k hp in BiS.
Everything above 7k is a good starting point unbuffed and on order you even get wounds buff on top of it.

When you drop str tactic you will have to add additional str with renown of at least 20 renown points. Then you will be at about 1000 str with a +100 str pot. At the same time you could have a str aura or similar grp buffs for same value. Your only chance to really cap str without str tactic would be full renown str but adding futile strikes is more important.

Crit-wise the highest reasonable crit chance is 41% with 5 sov 4 sent and wou+crit liniment. Without this rare liniment, you will be at 37% max with 4 sov+4onsl.
You could apparently squeeze 1 more crit out of it by using double fort weapon but it's a bad trade. You could go triple str bonus and get crit from conq boots as well but you lose wounds and init or boost proc.

You seem to have the impression, that +100 str is an extraordinary difference in dmg? Go run some tests. There are a dozen other factors which come first before you lose because of 10% less main stats.
Dying is no option.