Suspended

Re: City Winner History?

Post#651 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:25 pm

Spoiler:
Acidic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:41 pm
emiliorv wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm
Spoiler:
Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:26 pm

That's a pretty bad idea, I always loved about War that as a WH I was a mirror of the WE but while my melee was weaker I had ranged executions and they didn't. Or that as a SW compared to SH I had more fluidity between short-range > melee or long-range > short range. Or like how a kotbs felt totally different from a chosen, especially with the 2h magic damage specc. These tiny little differences were always the flavor of the game, even if so hard to balance - like how the WH advantage never made up for the heavy melee of WE. It's a case of less is more here, because the mirror issues were on the low side in live. Most live issues were pairing to pairing and archetype to archetype.
Its the only way to be sure if that win/lose ratio is caused by a balance issue between realms or by a playerbase/mentality issue. Im not talking about a permanent change, only for some days/weeks.

again, im sure its a really hard work and dont be implemented...but woulld be fun for sure jaja
You could save the devs work and look what wam wrote when his guild (has both Destro and order toons) did cities , strangely they won on both sides. That should give a strong indicator that it’s teams making the difference. Even LBL and NGE have good win rates when not fielding full teams . KoO I believe from thier post also don’t have issues .
I totally agree with you.
Talking about that % winrate without knowing how ppl are queueing is a waste of time...

but for the ones who disagree, let them play with the uber destro advantage...

Ads
CeeJay89

Post#652 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:45 pm

tefnaht wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:41 am
Ramlaen wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:27 am
tefnaht wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:31 am

https://ibb.co/xzHxyhn
https://ibb.co/YXpdNHm
https://ibb.co/BK5Tc9p
https://ibb.co/WGHBbmC

40+ chars online after ~25min from city start, 3% diff between melee/tank in order/destro, and some meta crap in order careers spread...
So much for the claim that Order plays more ranged DPS than Destro...
Ok, 17,1% on order against 18,4% on destro - "Order plays more ranged", brilliant math skills.
It's not 17.1% and 18.4% anyways. Two of those classes everyone's counting as ranged, are often not played as ranged. And one of them is vastly superior and almost always played as not-ranged in cities.

Pretty sure it's also too small a sample size.

Sarnai

Post#653 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:48 pm

That's a pretty bad idea, I always loved about War that as a WH I was a mirror of the WE but while my melee was weaker I had ranged executions and they didn't. Or that as a SW compared to SH I had more fluidity between short-range > melee or long-range > short range. Or like how a kotbs felt totally different from a chosen, especially with the 2h magic damage specc. These tiny little differences were always the flavor of the game, even if so hard to balance - like how the WH advantage never made up for the heavy melee of WE. It's a case of less is more here, because the mirror issues were on the low side in live. Most live issues were pairing to pairing and archetype to archetype.
And now WEs have 5 ranged finishers vs WH's 4.

Edit: not trying to make a WE vs WH point, just saying that it seems lots of mirroring changes were made simply for the sake of mirroring. Odd in such an 'anti-mirror' game.
WH looking for gunbad left

lyncher12

Post#654 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:27 pm

Acidic wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:41 pm
emiliorv wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:18 pm
Spoiler:

Its the only way to be sure if that win/lose ratio is caused by a balance issue between realms or by a playerbase/mentality issue. Im not talking about a permanent change, only for some days/weeks.

again, im sure its a really hard work and dont be implemented...but woulld be fun for sure jaja
You could save the devs work and look what wam wrote when his guild (has both Destro and order toons) did cities , strangely they won on both sides. That should give a strong indicator that it’s teams making the difference. Even LBL and NGE have good win rates when not fielding full teams . KoO I believe from thier post also don’t have issues .
it's almost like the majority of city instances are /5 pugs, of course guild wb's should win vs this

Mcdoogan

Post#655 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:37 pm

Sometimes when I can't sleep I like to read this thread. One of these days I will get past page 10. :)

Vandoles

Post#656 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:42 pm

Sarnai wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:48 pm

Edit: not trying to make a WE vs WH point, just saying that it seems lots of mirroring changes were made simply for the sake of mirroring. Odd in such an 'anti-mirror' game.
Wait is this a joke? There was always a clear position, I believe even repeated by mythic, that the WE is inherently stronger than the WH because the WH has ranged finishers. And in RoR they just gave the WE ranged finishers? Please tell me you're joking.

tefnaht

Post#657 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Vandoles wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:42 pm

Wait is this a joke? There was always a clear position, I believe even repeated by mythic, that the WE is inherently stronger than the WH because the WH has ranged finishers. And in RoR they just gave the WE ranged finishers? Please tell me you're joking.
Nope. It's a RoR reality.

Vandoles

Post#658 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:34 pm

Alright and what was the WH given in exchange?

Ads
ChicagoJoe

Post#659 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:53 pm

tefnaht wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:11 pm

Nope. It's a RoR reality.
This is a large part of the problem. Unintended over boosting of “mirrors”. WEs not dialed back after getting something never intended for them.

Have order classes gotten any abilities that they didn’t have before?
primary IB 8X, EN8X, WP7X, SL7X, KOTBS6X, and a bunch of under rr60 toons on order and destro with other classes.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#660 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:57 pm

Spoiler:

hahaha now my idea isnt that bad eh!!