Recent Topics

Ads

rSW- Centuries of Training.

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

rSW- Centuries of Training.

Post#1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 pm

While checking tactics- I wonder why I never see any rSWs using it. In theory, while calculating numbers and especially when combined with Skirmish stance for aa on the move, it should add lot of dmg. Those hits might look small, but its spirit dmg and as proc it ignores toughness mitigation- over time, those tend to add fast.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Merdur

Re: rSW- Centuries of Training.

Post#2 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:23 am

Most players have at min 50% resists to spirit due to AM dmg being spirit. The other problem is the internal cooldown of the tactic at 5 seconds on top of the low proc chance. All that combined you are going to see a really low return when there are just all around better choices.

Zxul

Post#3 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:41 pm

Merdur wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:23 am Most players have at min 50% resists to spirit due to AM dmg being spirit. The other problem is the internal cooldown of the tactic at 5 seconds on top of the low proc chance. All that combined you are going to see a really low return when there are just all around better choices.
Cap on resists is 40%, and even that takes 700 or so resists which is only possible with a good resists base and with chosen/zealot/sham buffs. And proc ignores toughness mitigation. Using spirit dmg procs on dok (order side- sorc/magus aoe is mostly spirit so order has a reason to spec it as well), I would say realistic mitigation is usually 10-15%.

25% chance means that with using abilities at 1.5 sec GCD and aa with 2 speed, it will take on average 2 sec or so to apply it- so assuming 5 sec ICD it means its 252 dmg every 5 sec which is mostly isn't mitigated- all in all a very decent extra dot.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Ramlaen

Post#4 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 pm While checking tactics- I wonder why I never see any rSWs using it. In theory, while calculating numbers and especially when combined with Skirmish stance for aa on the move, it should add lot of dmg. Those hits might look small, but its spirit dmg and as proc it ignores toughness mitigation- over time, those tend to add fast.
The damage is very poor, maybe if it hit like Jagged Edge.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Zxul

Post#5 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:14 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:57 pm
Zxul wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:55 pm While checking tactics- I wonder why I never see any rSWs using it. In theory, while calculating numbers and especially when combined with Skirmish stance for aa on the move, it should add lot of dmg. Those hits might look small, but its spirit dmg and as proc it ignores toughness mitigation- over time, those tend to add fast.
The damage is very poor, maybe if it hit like Jagged Edge.
The thing is that Jagged Edge ticks once every 3 sec from what I remember, while Centuries of Training ticks more often- so while dmg per tick might look low, it adds up when you measure it over say 10 sec.

Same on my chosen with Backlash- it does like 80 dmg per tick after mitigation which doesn't looks like much, but since it ticks once every 2 sec over time it adds to a very decent extra dmg.

Akalukz

Post#6 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:23 pm

I think you have to look at what you might be missing as well. I am new to SW, so not really sure. What tactic would you drop to use this? Maybe if the IC were 3 sec or useful in AoE, but i think it is only the target that is able to have it trigger
-= Agony =-

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:30 pm

Scout you want to timestamp dd burst with high bal and ranged power. So a low dmg dot doesnt add much.
Skirmish is more dot based and you want to bypass some armour with ws and have no spirit resist debuff.

Vandoles

Post#8 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:51 pm

It has no place in tactic slots, because skirmrish has 5-6 good tactics and you're forced to miss out on at least 2 good ones before you even get to it. You NEED powerful draw, masterful aim and discerning offensive, without them you hit less than a snb tank. From then on leading shots is just better, for example.

Scout is a burst specc, not only is sustained dps useless, there's also better tactics for it.

And assault is both a burst specc and has 4+ good tactics you require.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:54 pm

At low levels it is pretty effective tho. Especially in T1 :)
-= Agony =-

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#10 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:52 pm

The mention of T1 use is a good reminder that not all tactics were intended for use throughout the entire game. A significant portion of them are filler used while leveling when you have a limited amount of tactics available at all.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog