Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Acidic

Re: Patch Notes 30/07/2020

Post#41 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am

dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:22 am And for those wondering about soft cap and hard caps regarding hotfix #2.

Soft cap is 50 + 25 * level and hard cap is 50 + 55 * level, so 1050 and 2250 respectively at lvl 40.

After reaching soft cap stats only give half points, so to actually reach hard cap of 2250 stats, you need 3450 actual stats.

Wounds only has soft cap applied, no hard cap.
Curiosity what was the issue with the old calc ?

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#42 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:49 am

Acidic wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:43 am
dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:22 am And for those wondering about soft cap and hard caps regarding hotfix #2.

Soft cap is 50 + 25 * level and hard cap is 50 + 55 * level, so 1050 and 2250 respectively at lvl 40.

After reaching soft cap stats only give half points, so to actually reach hard cap of 2250 stats, you need 3450 actual stats.

Wounds only has soft cap applied, no hard cap.
Curiosity what was the issue with the old calc ?
After reaching soft cap it reduced stats to 33% instead of to 50%. Also it handled hard cap the wrong way, but that likely had little impact.

Also it was only applying soft cap to offensive stats when calculating damage. Not when calculating mitigation, health, armor penetration, crit chance, stealth detection chance, defense chance (parry/dodge/disrupt from stats) etc. So essentially stats like weapon skill, initiative & wounds had no soft cap.
Source Developer

satanicomoderno

Post#43 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:03 pm

- Off hand auto attacks now make use melee power, previously only main hand attacks applied melee power in the calculation.

It means Doks are more powerful now. Nice!
Doks, Maras, Choppas, whitch elves... which class has dual wield on Order side? Oh yeah! Slayers only! Very nice!

Arbich
Suspended

Post#44 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:08 pm

satanicomoderno wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:03 pm - Off hand auto attacks now make use melee power, previously only main hand attacks applied melee power in the calculation.

Doks, Maras, Choppas, whitch elves... which class has dual wield on Order side? Oh yeah! Slayers only! Very nice!
mhm.... yes, sounds like this. I assume melee power means the bonus from strengh and the stat melee power.

Whats the reason for the change?
Not like dual wield slayer/choppa are inferior to 2hand, or?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Grock

Post#45 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:37 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:51 pm [Combat formulas]
- The toughness mitigation cap is now also applied to off hand auto attacks. (Toughness mitigates at most 75% of the incoming damage)
[/spoiler]
Need clarification cuz this topic was raised in the past and clear answer has never been provided as far as im aware.

Does it mean total damage value of the incoming attack - i.e. "Base + Rank bonus + Stats bonus + Weapon DPS bonus"?
Or only Stat bonus like it was in the past?

In case its the former then it implies that Toughness can reduce attack's damage past the attacker's Stat bonus, meaning Toughness effect isn't capped by target's Mainstat? Is that true?
Last edited by Grock on Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

dalen
Developer

Post#46 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm

Arbich wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:08 pm
satanicomoderno wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:03 pm - Off hand auto attacks now make use melee power, previously only main hand attacks applied melee power in the calculation.

mhm.... yes, sounds like this. I assume melee power means the bonus from strengh and the stat melee power.

it is just correcting a bug. Melee power was applied to all attacks except off hand auto attacks and stats should be calculated the same for all of them. Overall the impact of this should be pretty minor though as stat contribution is fairly low on auto attacks. With a 3.0 speed weapon and 100 melee power your offhand attacks should hit for 14 more damage before any armor or toughness mitigation.

And btw witch hunters are another order class with dual wield.
Source Developer

dalen
Developer

Post#47 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:47 pm

Grock wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:37 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:51 pm [Combat formulas]
- The toughness mitigation cap is now also applied to off hand auto attacks. (Toughness mitigates at most 75% of the incoming damage)
[/spoiler]
Need clarification cuz this topic was raised in the past and clear answer has never been provided as far as im aware.

Does it mean total damage value of the incoming attack - i.e. "Base + Rank bonus + Stats bonus + Weapon DPS bonus"?
Or only Stat bonus like it was in the past?

In case its the former then it implies that Toughness can reduce attack's damage past the attacker's Stat bonus, meaning Toughness effect isn't capped by target's Mainstat? Is that true?
How it works hasn't changed, but I think there has been some conflicting info on it.

It is the first case, total mitigation from toughness cannot exceed 75% of the "total damage value of the incoming attack".

So yes, not really capped by attackers mainstat.
Source Developer

Grock

Post#48 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:51 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:47 pm How it works hasn't changed, but I think there has been some conflicting info on it.
I've been trying to get a clear answer for a long time, thanks.

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#49 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:55 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm
Arbich wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:08 pm

it is just correcting a bug. Melee power was applied to all attacks except off hand auto attacks and stats should be calculated the same for all of them. Overall the impact of this should be pretty minor though as stat contribution is fairly low on auto attacks. With a 3.0 speed weapon and 100 melee power your offhand attacks should hit for 14 more damage before any armor or toughness mitigation.

And btw witch hunters are another order class with dual wield.
I don´t see how changed something that works consistently to something different is a correcting a bug (Its no melee power for all offhand autoattacks, correct?). Its a balance change. Thing is, almost all classes that are effected by this, already got some bigger balance changes with the old stats in mind. Is this the first step to a rework/undone of past changes of these classes?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Grock

Post#50 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:07 pm

dalen wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:47 pm So yes, not really capped by attackers mainstat.
Another question if i may: how is toughness effect actually "calculated"? is it still 1:1 equal to primary stats, affected by all the same modifiers like the "psm" value and the cast time modifier?

I'm asking because this spring I've been doing some tests and results were kinda weird, some abilities were showing different effect from one stat than the equal amount of another.
I don't recall the details and i can't vouch for that test's accuracy though. Afaik one of the abilities in question was WL's Shattering Blow, other two were Slayer's 1s period DoTs - Cleft in Twain and Relentless Strike.