Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
dether

Re: City Winner History?

Post#531 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:57 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:45 pm
Maybe, just maybe for many people oRvR is more fun than City Siege?
It's not like we all played here for oRvR for years here... so people geared themselves for activity they care about, and don't care anymore about side game?

Just a thought. I wouldn't also expect people playing engineers, shadow worriers, dps WPs/AMs or witch hunter to keep queing in future either once they get their stuff.
This is a big reason for what is happening atm , MOST order dont care for 24v24 fights i would say the majority atm focus on 6/12 mans and roaming in smaller groups than trying to be into some organised guild.

Can you force those people to switch a class or the way they play just for a city that takes 1 hour of their time now and then??
No you cant ,they can play the game as they like .
Destro like to be organised and mostly more focused on 24man wbs , everyone who likes that way of playing will switch over the others will stay order and play the game as they wish and just farm sov slowly and never bother again with it

Ads
Omegus

Post#532 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Omegus wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:11 pm Did those people just get their gear on their main and then leave it? I'm just wondering if the talent pool is constantly changing on order if the players who got good results are no longer queueing for cities just for the sake of a good fight like a lot of destro players are (why get Sov if you're not going to play the game in Sov?).
It's not like we all played here for oRvR for years here... so people geared themselves for activity they care about, and don't care anymore about side game?

Just a thought. I wouldn't also expect people playing engineers, shadow worriers, dps WPs/AMs or witch hunter to keep queing in future either once they get their stuff.
I wasn't trying to be sarcastic with my post, and I was on about the good players who seemed to stop after getting geared rather than the masses of Engis and DPS WPs/AMs :). I'm coming at it from a point of bias as my guild has a fair few fully Sov people who still do cities because they like doing cities, but then these are mostly warband players as opposed to smaller scale ones (most of the good WLs we faced in cities were usually out in RVR in 6-mans or less) so that could explain it.

I just miss the competition, and much like the guy from FMJ above I'm glad NGE are doing their thing. Our guild/alliance WB has been torn apart by NGE a few times now which means it's time to get better.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Charon

Post#533 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:44 pm

dether wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:57 pm

This is a big reason for what is happening atm , MOST order dont care for 24v24 fights i would say the majority atm focus on 6/12 mans and roaming in smaller groups than trying to be into some organised guild.

Can you force those people to switch a class or the way they play just for a city that takes 1 hour of their time now and then??
No you cant ,they can play the game as they like .
Destro like to be organised and mostly more focused on 24man wbs , everyone who likes that way of playing will switch over the others will stay order and play the game as they wish and just farm sov slowly and never bother again with it
ahh stop this bulls.... bla bla bla organization bla bla bla random words to just not admit that you destro as a realm you have won..You pushed your meta to extreme situation that to counter you order cannot just form 2-2-2 setup at discord and believe that they will succed ...maybe in 14 open city sc... Yes most of order skilled players stops doing cities right after they get gear at their main char or already xrealmed bc its nightmer for them to participate in this so unbalanced environment (btw bw needs only a couple of sov to have bis, melee dd does not exist after mara meta creation, order tanks are 1 dimentional and need only warlord or def sov anyway). So now enjoy your success and more and more cities filed by random dps wp-s and afking alts ..if they even pop...
I hope also that is exactly what devs had in their plans (maybe to teach order something i dont know) - for good of the ror project of course, but i dont expect that any one care

so cya in the rvr ...maybe
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

dether

Post#534 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:01 pm

Charon wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:44 pm
ahh stop this bulls.... bla bla bla organization bla bla bla random words to just not admit that you destro as a realm you have won..You pushed your meta to extreme situation that to counter you order cannot just form 2-2-2 setup at discord and believe that they will succed ...maybe in 14 open city sc... Yes most of order skilled players stops doing cities right after they get gear at their main char or already xrealmed bc its nightmer for them to participate in this so unbalanced environment (btw bw needs only a couple of sov to have bis, melee dd does not exist after mara meta creation, order tanks are 1 dimentional and need only warlord or def sov anyway). So now enjoy your success and more and more cities filed by random dps wp-s and afking alts ..if they even pop...
I hope also that is exactly what devs had i their plans (maybe to teach order something i dont know) - for good of the ror project of course, but i dont expect that any one care

[/quote]

Well 1st of all i am order i guess i must be on another server...

You expect random 2-2-2 wb to beat any of those proper guild warbands? Just think and reply on that
You still believe that BW is the counter to mara and that show that you are clueless about any kind of organised play .
Ofc is a gear issue order need gear , destro can beat everyone with green items ........
I enjoy my success on order more than destro ,its more hectic but you feel rewarded once you put just a little effort

I still dont know why people like you on order expect from to devs to come and take them from their hand and lead the to victory , you think devs will make magical changes that will force order to form proper 24 warband and try to communicate???

Charon

Post#535 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:08 pm

[
Spoiler:
quote=dether post_id=429659 time=1596387712 user_id=94285]
Charon wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:44 pm
I hope also that is exactly what devs had i their plans (maybe to teach order something i dont know) - for good of the ror project of course, but i dont expect that any one care

[/quote]

Well 1st of all i am order i guess i must be on another server...

You expect random 2-2-2 wb to beat any of those proper guild warbands? Just think and reply on that
You still believe that BW is the counter to mara and that show that you are clueless about any kind of organised play .
Ofc is a gear issue order need gear , destro can beat everyone with green items ........
I enjoy my success on order more than destro ,its more hectic but you feel rewarded once you put just a little effort

I still dont know why people like you on order expect from to devs to come and take them from their hand and lead the to victory , you think devs will make magical changes that will force order to form proper 24 warband and try to communicate???
[/quote]
bla bla bla ...i dont even try talk with you ..think what you want it does not matter much
Karak Azgal - Haron WP
Karak Norn - Haeroon KoTBS
RoR:
- Chaeron - SM
- Nogrun - magnet eng
- Cheron - i want sorc Black Horror skill for my BW ;)

M0rw47h

Post#536 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:33 pm

dether wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:01 pm Well 1st of all i am order i guess i must be on another server...

Hes from LbL, so not random 2/2/2 WB ;)

dether

Post#537 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:34 pm

So Sorry man i should know that only your unbiased opinion matter we should ignore everything that has been posted in this thread and design the game around your logic and vision!
You opened my eyes thank you!!

dether

Post#538 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:38 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:33 pm
dether wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:01 pm Well 1st of all i am order i guess i must be on another server...

Hes from LbL, so not random 2/2/2 WB ;)
I dont know who he represents or if he is here as a representative of LBL and he voice their opinion but so far he is not different from what we see on order chat from pugs

Ads
Geometric
Suspended

Post#539 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:52 pm

My favorite thing to do in this game is run around with my small man crew.

My second favorite thing is knocking that every time there's a city instance, there are a ton of disappointed Destro zerglings that desperately want to get into that city and can't.

I hope the devs keep everything the same, don't change a damn thing. LET THEM EAT CAKE.

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#540 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:30 pm

Two weeks ago, on the same day I got my second forum strike, someone on the team who will remain nameless publicly referred to Order as a "dumpster fire". I even pm'ed him immediately to let him know that it was a huge mistake the minute he did it hoping he'd realize and pull it back, because that comment has resonated. Especially after a string of negative incidents (eg. Blackhumor ban/unban; "oops my finger slipped and I insta-killed a Lord", etc.) Not just with forum-cowboys like me, but with the a big chunk of the player base.

That one statement now encapsulated the contempt being shown to any issue we brought up as a faction. We now knew every time we were told "bring it to us in a constructive way", it was just deflection because no one was listening to us trash players.

The initial reaction was anger of course. There was a half-hearted call for a city boycott and Rolgrom took his gang out into the lakes will the express purpose to deny Destro any Fort win (and he did repeatedly. The discord talk was supposedly hilarious).

The problem of course is anger is an emotion that requires a lot of energy. Once that runs out, you are left with a far more dangerous one.

Apathy

This is purely anecdotal, but Knights of Order have not run an all-guild WB in City since. It is down to alliance and /5s for those still going. Most of us aren't bothering any more. We have beaten all but FMJ, so we really had nothing to prove to ourselves anyway. The constant 1* cities has even lessened any appeal for those left. We ran a guild oRVR night last week and pushed to IC. Funny thing was after Fell Landing flipped 90% of us logged off.

Feel free to shoot the messenger (so many have been put up against the wall already that they are nearly none of us left), but there is no longer faith things will ever get better in RoR.

Strike 3 incoming.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x