Recent Topics

Ads

[Zealot] General gear guide questions

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Omegus

Re: [Zealot] General gear guide questions

Post#21 » Mon May 04, 2020 10:48 pm

Toggle wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:55 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:27 pm Personally I went from Vanquisher to Sovereign and skipped Invader. The Vanquisher set had better heal crit (9%) compared to Invader (7%) and I found the AP and cast time procs on the Vanquisher set far more useful than the cleanse and healing power procs on Invader.
Alright, thanks! I'm pretty close to invader, so I didn't want to waste the cash on armor talismans and whatnot if I could stick with vanq. Do you try and hit that 3,300 armor spot or no? I find I have a tough time reaching it without sacrificing lots of my wounds. I'm sitting at 7.6k right now, which isn't too bad. And I have 30% crit chance for heals. That sound decent?
The armour on a Zealot debate never ends. Personally I'm not in favour of it as it doesn't protect you from non-physical damage (spirit/corp/ele/morale) and most good melee will bypass most or all of your armour anyway. I've always stacked wounds as it works vs everything and hopefully gives the other healers enough time to get single target heals on you (or gives you time to react). Others swear by putting armour on a Zealot but for ORvR or warbands I just don't see why. I can see it having a use in 6v6 as there's potentially less things hitting you and almost everyone is doing physical damage.

I'm usually playing in WBs (either pug or organised) for ORvR or city and the wounds allows me to deal with damage from a wider variety of enemies.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Toggle

Post#22 » Mon May 04, 2020 11:38 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:48 pm
Toggle wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 9:55 pm
Omegus wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 4:27 pm Personally I went from Vanquisher to Sovereign and skipped Invader. The Vanquisher set had better heal crit (9%) compared to Invader (7%) and I found the AP and cast time procs on the Vanquisher set far more useful than the cleanse and healing power procs on Invader.
Alright, thanks! I'm pretty close to invader, so I didn't want to waste the cash on armor talismans and whatnot if I could stick with vanq. Do you try and hit that 3,300 armor spot or no? I find I have a tough time reaching it without sacrificing lots of my wounds. I'm sitting at 7.6k right now, which isn't too bad. And I have 30% crit chance for heals. That sound decent?
The armour on a Zealot debate never ends. Personally I'm not in favour of it as it doesn't protect you from non-physical damage (spirit/corp/ele/morale) and most good melee will bypass most or all of your armour anyway. I've always stacked wounds as it works vs everything and hopefully gives the other healers enough time to get single target heals on you (or gives you time to react). Others swear by putting armour on a Zealot but for ORvR or warbands I just don't see why. I can see it having a use in 6v6 as there's potentially less things hitting you and almost everyone is doing physical damage.

I'm usually playing in WBs (either pug or organised) for ORvR or city and the wounds allows me to deal with damage from a wider variety of enemies.
My thoughts were the same, but people swear by armor.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

xarax

Post#23 » Fri May 08, 2020 7:48 am

i personally went for wounds, doing mostly smallscale and if you check other zeals they went for armor or even toughness.
can't decide which way to go for next set.
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Toggle

Post#24 » Fri May 15, 2020 10:58 am

xarax wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:48 am i personally went for wounds, doing mostly smallscale and if you check other zeals they went for armor or even toughness.
can't decide which way to go for next set.
My decision has been made based on the discussions had in the thread linked below. Big shout out to Omegus for their contributions to the thread!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38181
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Omegus

Post#25 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:49 pm

BTW as I get asked semi-regularly what gear I use, I've ended up settling on:

7pc Heal Sov (for AP proc)
2pc Sentinel (head and ring) for 6% extra crit

Actually having the AP to cast was more important than squeezing out another 2% crit by trying to get Vanq boots in there. If you really want the extra 2% crit then Fortress weapons have 3% crit each on them rather than the usual 2%.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Satarial

Post#26 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:10 pm

How I miss that absolutely bonkers wounds tactic from live. It eliminated a lot of work to maintain a balance of different stats for a good "Effective HP".

The sad reality for a Zealot is no matter how high you can get your preferred choice of defensive stat or mix thereof, we will always quickly be shut down by a well skilled/well geared DPS player and/or morale bomb. Your best defense will always be situational awareness and keeping yourself in a good position, whether it's in a Keep, the City, SC, or a 6v6.

That being said, from some "magic" used on live a long time ago to test every defensive stat, armor always remained the best form of mitigation for Zealots in your talisman slots.

In our current time of RoR? Everyone needs to figure out their acceptable level of "buffer" in wounds, and back up that buffer with armor talismans, and appropriate renown abilities (Deft Defender, Futile Strikes).

Never stop working on your awareness and positioning.
Shadowhealx - Zealot
Shadowhealxxx - Rune Priest

OOP Heals Extraordinaire | Badlands OG - RR100 Zealot/Runepriest