Ads
tefnaht

Re: City Winner History?

Post#452 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:11 am

Mordd wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:11 am
CountTalabecland wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:26 pm
Spoiler:
Mordd wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:18 am

right over your head. The comment was about those being acceptable decent classes in destro, but the order side is just bad.
Its more complicated than that when it comes to balance. Shaman and SH are both quite a bit better than their mirrors, Magus is solid in low numbers and WE is in the same boat as WH but has far easier target selection due to the squish most Order plays. But, yes, if you are playing Order right now the solution is not to play the overplayed and underpowered SW, WH, heal AM, and role something that hasn't been ruined or made useless or is spammed by smooth brained bots like Engi.
So the solution isnt that they should balance the damn game, and make the order classes as viable as the destro clases. But that order should all reroll to the few acceptable classes order can play. I really wish they would nerf your classes so i could return the favor and just tell you that you have to reroll and acceptable class.
MMO balance in a nutshell.

But, bw\sorc\slayer\choppa power - turn to ashes... it's a challenge. \\//

M0rw47h

Post#453 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:23 pm

It's more about player behaviour. It's true once you can start pulling players, they probably already have lost. There is no reason to humiliate them any further.

Rasenmeister

Post#454 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:32 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:23 pm It's more about player behaviour. It's true once you can start pulling players, they probably already have lost. There is no reason to humiliate them any further.
agree.
But all wants rewards - dps try get golden bags)
FMJ
Tristarix/Urgolf/Rakamaka/Shaefer
Tristasha/Gunthane

Foofmonger

Post#455 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:10 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:23 pm It's more about player behaviour. It's true once you can start pulling players, they probably already have lost. There is no reason to humiliate them any further.
Spawn camping has basically been a part of this game since launch, whether its holding a warcamp, or a SC, or in the city, etc...

If you lose so badly you get spawn camped, it's not an issue with the spawn campers. It should be a humbling moment for those getting camped to learn what they're doing wrong. This is again not a "Order vs Destro" thing, I've also been pulled out of the barriers by Engineers in city, but the difference is instead of coming to the forums and complaining, I took the L and attempted to learn from my mistakes.

That being said, I personally don't like to spawn camp.

M0rw47h

Post#456 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:35 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:10 pm
Spawn camping has basically been a part of this game since launch, whether its holding a warcamp, or a SC, or in the city, etc...

If you lose so badly you get spawn camped, it's not an issue with the spawn campers. It should be a humbling moment for those getting camped to learn what they're doing wrong. This is again not a "Order vs Destro" thing, I've also been pulled out of the barriers by Engineers in city, but the difference is instead of coming to the forums and complaining, I took the L and attempted to learn from my mistakes.
Sorry dude, but you've no clues what you're talking about. You're here long enough to realize, you don't have to do anything wrong to lose. Bad matchups simply happen in game where we've no matchmaking, where gear gap between beggining gear (annihilator/conq) and top end gear is simply huge, where renown can give you lots of extra stats. If in your opinion, bunch of rr40 people in conq gear should be humiliated by rr80 dudes in BiS gear (who often even aren't good at all tbh) by exploiting game mechanic and pulling people thru unpassable barrier after those outgeared, ourRRed and outcomped given their best to overcome superior advantages which often have nothing with player skill, then I really lack words.

Personaly, I would perma ban every single of those people for exploiting game mechanics just to grief people, I would even ban people on their friendlists and their families. With passion.

Foofmonger

Post#457 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:52 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:35 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:10 pm

Sorry dude, but you've no clues what you're talking about. You're here long enough to realize, you don't have to do anything wrong to lose. Bad matchups simply happen in game where we've no matchmaking, where gear gap between beggining gear (annihilator/conq) and top end gear is simply huge, where renown can give you lots of extra stats. If in your opinion, bunch of rr40 people in conq gear should be humiliated by rr80 dudes in BiS gear (who often even aren't good at all tbh) by exploiting game mechanic and pulling people thru unpassable barrier after those outgeared, ourRRed and outcomped given their best to overcome superior advantages which often have nothing with player skill, then I really lack words.

Personaly, I would perma ban every single of those people for exploiting game mechanics just to grief people, I would even ban people on their friendlists and their families. With passion.
I definitely have a clue what I'm talking about. Yes there are bad match ups, yes there are gear gaps. How is this any different than how things were on live? They aren't. There are plenty of fights you can't win, and you need to take the L and strategies on why you lost. Who cares that you get pulled out of the barrier? You already lost a few more deaths changes nothing. You are just being personally humiliated and then extrapolating your own personal feelings of humiliation to the rest of the playerbase. I'm not "humiliated" when I get spawn camped. I'm not "humiliated" when I get pulled through a barrier. That sounds like your own psychological issue to me.

It's a good thing you have no power to ban anyone, since your definition of who should be banned seems to be directly related to your own negative personal feelings and not objective reasoning. The better solution is for the devs to fix the barrier bug, and not ban the playerbase for doing the same **** people have been doing since 2008.

Regardless, this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic and hand and is a red-herring rat hole argument that doesn't matter whatsoever. Glad you feel so strongly about pulling through barriers, but if you actually want to solve the problem, why don't you learn to code and join the dev team? Saying you'd ban other players and their freinds/family is just ridiculous levels of almost fascist level hyberbole.

M0rw47h

Post#458 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:06 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:52 pm Irrevelant piece of garbage.
Bug exploiting is bug exploiting no matter how long wall of irrevelant text you write.
Yes, I would ban every bug exploiter on the server, without giving a damn why hes exploiting. Who cares.

Ads
Lorsten

Post#459 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:17 pm

@M0rw47h
How can anyone blame the gear difference system in this game? Its the most friendly system of gearing in the mmos world, lol.
It literraly takes 2 weeks of participating in oRVR to get full vanq set+subj weapon, which is very competitive for almost all classes. U can get conq in 1-2 days and feel good in oRvR, you dont need to suffer in battlegrounds and arena with **** gear like in WoW, to get upgrade...
The advantage players have with gear upgrades is so low in this game, compared to others, where u can get BiS trinket or legendary pve weapon (comparing to WoW again) and your dps goes to the sky...
There is only few specific classes, who is very gear-dependent (dd DoKs for example).

Vanq is still amazing set for sorc/bw, heal zealot/RP.
About RR, you really dont need to be 80RR to be solid, the difference between 70 and 80 is not dramatic, again compared to other games (imagine player who spent twice more time playing this game only gets something like +3% crit, or 40 int, or 5%crit reduction).
Affter 70RR+Vanq level gear you get very little upgrades in terms of character power.
Playing MMO and saying there is much handicap between RR and gear lvl on ror is cringe.

Sulorie

Post#460 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Just stay away from the barrier, when you don't want to get pulled, which means you can't help anyone outside, which you would do otherwise.
Even on Altdorf throne room order spawn you can't get pulled by choppa. A magus or engi can, due to higher range but especially magus are quite rare on city siege unlike engi.

Those who get pulled over and over are the same, who feed the enemy in sc all the time.
Dying is no option.