Recent Topics

Ads

Modify the recent keep respawn changes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Opethian

Re: Modify the recent keep respawn changes

Post#21 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Just to add to my post above, Destruction has again won and locked every zone from tier 2 up and we're likely to have another Altdorf today in the next hour or so. This surely cannot be what was intended for this patch?

Ads
StrongUn

Post#22 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:43 pm

puzzolamistica wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:07 pm most idiotic change ever.
now as an order player i cant even play the game. they made this change to avoid 12 hours kv? but it was fun! now the game is totaly ****!
i mean what i supposed to do?!?!? wait to be stomped on orvr and then be stomped also in cities?
now there is nothing that the underpopulated faction can do to play the game until they get stomped.
and if someone comes out to say '' oh but now is more strategic, u can do a lot of things'' i suggest to these peoples to buy a new brain.

Order forum whinners, the 3rd realm

Fenris78

Post#23 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:07 pm

StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:43 pm Order forum whinners, the 3rd realm
It's the pot calling the kettle black...

Acidic

Post#24 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:16 pm

Opethian wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:50 pm Just to add to my post above, Destruction has again won and locked every zone from tier 2 up and we're likely to have another Altdorf today in the next hour or so. This surely cannot be what was intended for this patch?
Strange that when this was order pushing zones all day long no one complained. Oh but destro getting pushed is ok I guess

Manatikik

Post#25 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:29 pm

Acidic wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:16 pm
Opethian wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:50 pm Just to add to my post above, Destruction has again won and locked every zone from tier 2 up and we're likely to have another Altdorf today in the next hour or so. This surely cannot be what was intended for this patch?
Strange that when this was order pushing zones all day long no one complained. Oh but destro getting pushed is ok I guess
Id just like to point out since City has come out in February that Order has had the lead for 2 months out of 7 months. Obviously the pop goes back in forth over the years like we all remember, but i can't remember such a short span as 2 months before the other realm took over again. I've been taking a semi-break for the last month though (cities, pve, occasional group, 6v6) so I can't really comment on how things are right now but ORvR is pretty boring and 100% is decided by the side with more people. Coordination/skill/whatever doesnt matter in ORvR, and I feel like this change was needed but was taken too far.
<Montague><Capulet>

Alsayr

Post#26 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:29 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:41 pm
Alsayr wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm
puzzolamistica wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:07 pm most idiotic change ever.
now as an order player i cant even play the game. they made this change to avoid 12 hours kv? but it was fun! now the game is totaly ****!
i mean what i supposed to do?!?!? wait to be stomped on orvr and then be stomped also in cities?
now there is nothing that the underpopulated faction can do to play the game until they get stomped.
and if someone comes out to say '' oh but now is more strategic, u can do a lot of things'' i suggest to these peoples to buy a new brain.
Easy man, for me this change is very good. You want perma KV ? Tell You, your side is **** crap, thats all. Its really funny read you, idiot.
Considering Dansaren got banned for calling someone stupid, I’m curious how this statement will age.
Im not call OP stupid, only not agree with him. Try to learn read pls.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Alsayr

Post#27 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:30 pm

Im never write on forum sth personal im only discute about game.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Gurf

Post#28 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Alsayr wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:29 pm
Kwatchi wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:41 pm
Alsayr wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm

Easy man, for me this change is very good. You want perma KV ? Tell You, your side is **** crap, thats all. Its really funny read you, idiot.
Considering Dansaren got banned for calling someone stupid, I’m curious how this statement will age.
Im not call OP stupid, only not agree with him. Try to learn read pls.
You didn't say stupid, you only called him an idiot :lol: :roll:

Ads
lifeson

Post#29 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:11 pm

It's a good change overall and makes it better if pops are near balanced. It was a bit silly before.

However, it does favour the zerging faction (dest recently).
The game atm is brutal on Order. Many are just taking the easy option and going to (or going back to) dest.
Keep the changes but tweak/add other mechanics, incentives (whatever) to encourage more people to play the losing side. I know there are already incentives and I'm not sure what else can be done (thats for another topic) but it is perfectly evident that it isn't enough.

And yes 2 times facerolling to Altdorf every day is ridiculous. Takes all meaning out of it. I'm sure the fairer minded dest player wants a good fight with a challenge and not faceroll (I certainly do when I occasionally go play my BG on dest).

Foofmonger

Post#30 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Welcome to the main problem this game always had, 2 faction system was always stupid. That's why most successful RvR games go for 3+ factions.

Most of the problems you guys experience are just the natural fallout from a 2 faction system. Once one faction takes a lead in population, it's very hard for the underdog to come back. If the pop/city wins were flipped it would be destro crying on the forums just the same way order is now.