Recent Topics

Ads

Modify the recent keep respawn changes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Acidic

Re: Modify the recent keep respawn changes

Post#11 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:36 pm

Opethian wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:12 pm I feel it is very easy for the dominant side with a higher population to say 'just be better coordinated'. Two nights ago the population skew was 42% Order and 58% Destruction. If this becomes a trend that number may begin to get worse and then your game will disappear.

This is about long-term game health and not allowing faction population dynamics to overtly favour one side over the other in the campaign.
Ah a new comer predicting the future. Always good.

This server population regularly fluctuates from order to destro and back, some slow moving over moths and some based on which side has premade up.
These swings are common here , quite sure will happen again .
Just takes order to get its premades back to being a fighting force and the pop will move again.

Ads
Aluviya

Post#12 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:55 pm

The change was in my opinion one of the best changes so far made. It forces people to play together, use some entraces to keeps which you never used before (pve ways) or forces you to play more strategically than before. You had no tactical benefit of killing unorganized pugs and parties that tried to reach to the keep before (which was extremely frustrating on both sides)
I think team-gameplay should always be more rewarding than solo-pug playing on keeps. And in addition to that, zones are not stuck an entire gameplay day (for casual gamers this is a nightmare)- the orvr is more fluent - and in the end you have again the fort which works as a barrier - if people do not throw it.
The zerg is always treated like a phenomenon of solo gaming mass - but it's not, It usually takes a lot of effort leading wb's to a fort and through zones, motivating people stay if there is a wipe etc. If you organize stable warbands and play strategically it is always possible to reach a keep no matter what "zerg" is active. It's impossible to block all entraces to a keep atm with the current numbers on the server. Also this patch gave small scale parties some purpose like ganking people on the way to keep again (which was completely removed with the system before).

Opethian

Post#13 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:57 pm

I'm not in the business of predicting the future, I said 'may'. I appreciate where you're coming from, but stating I'm a new player and essentially equating that with being wrong isn't really helpful.

I am worried about the game. I am seeing more and more guild members quit and stop logging in and the population mix is and has been getting worse. The game lives and dies on the population mix and if it continues to worsen, which I sincerely hope it doesn't, the game will be in trouble.

Can we talk about the proposal to change the affect on keeps?

Fai

Post#14 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:04 pm

i may repeat again...
this happened to order / destro before.
it changes from time to time.
get over it and enjoy the time when order is again dominating.

Gurf

Post#15 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:08 pm

So Destro like it and Order don't, is that the summary here?

The issue is that it makes it easier for the dominating faction, harder to dent the morale of the zerging side. Lets see how much Destro like it when they are the underdog again, if that happens again.

M0rw47h

Post#16 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Two City Sieges everyday, clearly working as intended... NOT.
While change is more fun for attackers, as you don't afk under walls and have something to do (gank and spank).
It's really annoying for underpopulated defending realm. In short.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:04 pm

Destro numbers will grow with this change order can push out or jump down anymore so there is no point being in the zone as an order player.

Brilliant work from the devs engage your brain first before make such idiotic changes.

Naelar

Post#18 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Opethian wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:40 am It doesn't have to be a wholesale reversion of the keep changes, but making the keeps immediately prevent respawning because some guy with a cannon shot the door is, in my opinion, not the way forward. Perhaps make it at 50%, which is the threshold for no longer being able to use the keep doors?
This was suggested in the 'City Winner' thread. I think it's a good idea.

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#19 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:39 pm

I’ve tried to keep an open mind, but after a week it certainly seems like this change is a failure and should be walked back.

Some suggestions I’ve seen to replace the change are:
1) Respawning up to 50% outer
2) An uncleansable 15 min wound debuff for each keep respawn

But it is patch day, so let’s wait to see what the powers that be have come up with this time.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#20 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:41 pm

Alsayr wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:28 pm
puzzolamistica wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:07 pm most idiotic change ever.
now as an order player i cant even play the game. they made this change to avoid 12 hours kv? but it was fun! now the game is totaly ****!
i mean what i supposed to do?!?!? wait to be stomped on orvr and then be stomped also in cities?
now there is nothing that the underpopulated faction can do to play the game until they get stomped.
and if someone comes out to say '' oh but now is more strategic, u can do a lot of things'' i suggest to these peoples to buy a new brain.
Easy man, for me this change is very good. You want perma KV ? Tell You, your side is **** crap, thats all. Its really funny read you, idiot.
Considering Dansaren got banned for calling someone stupid, I’m curious how this statement will age.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x