Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
Foofmonger

Re: City Winner History?

Post#371 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:14 pm

Reading through this thread still going on is like watching the embers slowly begin to cool as a fire burns itself out.

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#372 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:38 pm

How poetic. Watching the number of city instances drop over the week makes me feel the same way.

Except my give—a-sh!t meter has hit an all time low, so I don’t really care much.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

xanderous

Post#373 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:23 pm

Starting to see a pattern between the whine posters about keep respawn change and over population of RDPS on order in this thread.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Foofmonger

Post#374 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:25 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:38 pm How poetic. Watching the number of city instances drop over the week makes me feel the same way.

Except my give—a-sh!t meter has hit an all time low, so I don’t really care much.
I've been leveling up my WL recently so once I have more experience I'll happily put my own Order perspective in. :-) We should all examine our own biases.

Omegus

Post#375 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:38 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:38 pm How poetic. Watching the number of city instances drop over the week makes me feel the same way.

You mean people are burning out on the non-stop cities since the respawn change made pushing zones quicker? Say it isn't so.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

lyncher12

Post#376 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:46 pm

i dont think people are burning out from getting the incredibly rare and gated gear progression as much as low motivation to waste an hour on a loss. i know the feeling as i dont log in or stay awake for cities if i have to search for a group in /5

Omegus

Post#377 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:50 pm

One of my guildies managed to find all the order tanks. If only the solo tanks would queue up with the solo dps...

Scoreboard doesn't look full as the match wasn't 24v24 for some reason. And yes there were overstacked solo pug DPS instances in the same city.

I'd probably want to quit too if I was on a faction that had so many players that were happy to solo queue and fight for bags.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Manatikik

Post#378 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:56 pm

Omegus wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:50 pm One of my guildies managed to find all the order tanks. If only the solo tanks would queue up with the solo dps...

Scoreboard doesn't look full as the match wasn't 24v24 for some reason. And yes there were overstacked solo pug DPS instances in the same city.

I'd probably want to quit too if I was on a faction that had so many players that were happy to solo queue and fight for bags.
Eh, idk if i'm gonna run 24 man's anymore. Either you queue into one of the four (literally 4) decent Destro groups that can put up a fun fight and you either have the right players or not to have fun (hello slayer whose damage i doubled on my WH...) OR you fight one of the other 2X Destro groups who are garbage and aren't worth bothering with. It's just not worth the hassle when all the decent order players are gearing different Destro toons, or gave up the city grind cause their mains are done. Order PUGs are just literally worthless 80% of the time; so its more time/reward efficient to not waste brain cells cat herding and just queue as solo/12 man and get some bags and **** around in a small instance.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#379 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:19 am

That was my city and I queued as a 3 man.

It was a weird city. 21v21 haha.

Mordd

Post#380 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:18 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:52 pm
Spellbound wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:23 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:41 pm The balance issues between Destro and Order dont even matter when it comes to win percentages.

The good, organized, vet wbs will always out perform pugs and /5 grps and so they will have a good chance to win, hence where Order 1-5 wins come from.

When it comes to the majority of instances, which I would say are pugs and /5 grps, Order's class comp is such complete ass that balance wont matter until Order rerolls better comp, which is likely never.
Pretty much saying don’t roll AM, Engy, SW, WH as the solution? Where’s Shaman, Magus, SH and WE more effective in cities.
I'm saying dont expect to get higher win percentages by playing classes the realm/wb doesnt need. Order needs more tanks and healers, simple as that. Plus RDPS is the worst archetype to have a lot of in a city street fight. All those destro classes are backed by more tanks and healers so even mediocre ones out perform Order's unhealed/unguarded classes.
right over your head. The comment was about those being acceptable decent classes in destro, but the order side is just bad.