City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
sogeou

Re: City Winner History?

Post#321 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:55 pm

Xergon wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:37 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:12 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:58 pm

You can get that gear (crests) from oRvR bags and fort bags.
You don't even have to step into city once, it may take you few months, but well people want their gear NOW.
They dont want gear now, they want to get it in a reasonable time like everyone else
They want to put 0 effort and expecting good results.

The city is trash, worst part of the game. People playing it for orvr. Not a SC. City could be good if it was like Thunder Valley which needed skill and planning, not just zerg in a ball with a premade. But, holding and pushing parts of the city to control and fight over making groups split up all over the zone. But, you are in a zerg guild so, meh and play a Chad class lol.

Ads
TreefAM

Post#322 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:56 pm

Do people only play this game to get the gear and then start an alt?
I keep seeing nonsense like "No one has reason to play their main in orvr" "Waste of time to play main no rewards" "Why would i play main if i get no gear"
What do you even do with your mains when you are full sov (lol), do you store them for winter?

Edit: Imagine thinking Thunder Valley needs planning lol, like some months ago, before the rewards were nerfed, 3friends of mine and I entered TV as 4 tanks and just stood on the flag closest to the order spawn crossguarding, while order focused only that flag, haven't lost a single one, easiest 200opressors in my life.
Solo puggers deserve to be farmed honestly.

Sulorie

Post#323 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:12 pm

sogeou wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:55 pm City could be good if it was like Thunder Valley which needed skill and planning, not just zerg in a ball with a premade.
You got me smiling here, as you apparently attempted to make a joke.

Let's imagine for a while, that capping flags and avoiding fights, which is all you need to win TV, is considered skillful compared to fighting premades. Sounds silly, no?
Dying is no option.

sogeou

Post#324 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:12 pm You got me smiling here, as you apparently attempted to make a joke.

Let's imagine for a while, that capping flags and avoiding fights, which is all you need to win TV, is considered skillful compared to fighting premades. Sounds silly, no?
Dude everyone knows you are bad. It is ok. You are a meme on every discord. You think zergball blob is skills? Being able to have city like TV would require more skill than the current city. You would get points for kills and controlling all BO's. The 24 man zerg would have to break up in groups and have small fights all over the city. It would give gankers a roll, 6 mans a roll and you could not zerg down one BO. Having all BO's would give more control points.

In TV I never have an issue with getting 10 + kills in it. Problem is 6 mans in TV hate breaking up because they are scared to die. Or Just hold middle and fight off larger amounts of people. TV is by far the most popular SC followed by Reikland hills.

Ramlaen

Post#325 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:54 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:40 pmRemember, in the years and years this server has been active for those classes have had it good, and pre-cities when the best gear dropped from forts those classes were great and melee had to suffer. Was the option during that time for all mdps to re-roll rdps to have an easier time in sieges and have more oppotunity to interact with the game rather than standing around on walls or keep grounds doing nothing for ages until a push was called
So there isn't a lack of Sorc/Magus toons for open rvr, but Destro still prefers to stay on their melee?
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Omegus

Post#326 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:18 pm

Ramlaen wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:54 pm
Omegus wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:40 pmRemember, in the years and years this server has been active for those classes have had it good, and pre-cities when the best gear dropped from forts those classes were great and melee had to suffer. Was the option during that time for all mdps to re-roll rdps to have an easier time in sieges and have more oppotunity to interact with the game rather than standing around on walls or keep grounds doing nothing for ages until a push was called
So there isn't a lack of Sorc/Magus toons for open rvr, but Destro still prefers to stay on their melee?
In one of the other threads someone did a scan of the classes seen in ORVR (by parsing the social data). Engineers were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than they should be and the Magus had a fair low population. Can't speak for Sorc population as I can't remember the figures. Anecdotally it seems most destro I know (obviously not the whole server!) have pocket Sorcs and other characters too.

Regardless, the point was that order is RDPS dominated and destro is MDPS dominated. Yes both sides have people playing the other damage role, but just not as many.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

tefnaht

Post#327 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:37 pm

TreefAM wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:56 pm Do people only play this game to get the gear and then start an alt?
I keep seeing nonsense like "No one has reason to play their main in orvr" "Waste of time to play main no rewards" "Why would i play main if i get no gear"
What do you even do with your mains when you are full sov (lol), do you store them for winter?
Order have some full sov people whose impact is a forming non guild wb with at least 1-2 2\2\2 and run oRvR. I don't know what drives them, may be they so much love to be in situation where all against you. Gear metter a lot, if only skill metter - just remove(leave that slot empty) 2-3 pieces of your sov and play in that setup, and be ready to surprice. If high level gear don't give such advantage - just a little cup of people will farm it. But when you reach top of progression(ok you can get 2 sets of sov) - play week or two with "find challenging fights" mode on(when you are a part of winning side it require some work) - start new other char(not every one love to spend hours by killing under level'd\equip'q enemies) to try another heal\tank\dd because it seems to be more fun from play.

Part of classes(tanks\heals - less, dd - more) have some issues with current 24v24 fights, default pop spread in mmo with tank\heal\dd roles dd>heal>tank, 3 from 5 dd have heavy aoe control abilities on destro side(40ft aoe pool without count condition and without saving throw, 25ft aoe 2sec knok, leap+40ft front of you cd inc(heavy with leap)) and 0 from 5 by order side, aoe heavy control is a main feature of tanks and magus\engi.

All abilities with aoe around self must be max 30ft, all arc effects max 25ft for melee/40ft max for range, all in front effects 40ft max for melee/65ft for range. All melee cleave abilities must have selected target in 5ft in front of character(like every single target melee ability) and calc arc not in front of self but by direction from self to target, and yes - saving throw proc - no additional targets at all. Without it - all melee will always have advantage against range, on equal people numbers. Or just nerf hold the line from all tanks to 15% max on 3 stack, or add parry to it, or make all range abilities with instant cast, or all melee with cast time, or crop melee aoe damage by ~15-25%

teiloh

Post#328 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:21 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:40 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 amSo what you are saying is order should stop playing useless classes, because they picked the wrong class at the very beginning ? its their fault for picking the wrong class ?
They picked classes that are great for the vast majority of the ORVR campaign and are sucky when overstacked for the final scenario.

Remember, in the years and years this server has been active for those classes have had it good, and pre-cities when the best gear dropped from forts those classes were great and melee had to suffer. Was the option during that time for all mdps to re-roll rdps to have an easier time in sieges and have more oppotunity to interact with the game rather than standing around on walls or keep grounds doing nothing for ages until a push was called?

All that's happened in the game is that a new game mode has been introduced which favours melee / close range fights exactly like it did on live. If you have a way of somehow buffing rdps in cities without making them an absolute nightmare in orvr/sieges then I'd love to see it (and that goes for anyone). Otherwise this discussion basically comes down to waiting for the devs to create new content that has sovereign-level rewards.

ALPHA SERVER. Not everything comes at once and bits and pieces are added to the game slowly over time.
This "Order runs all engineers" meme is just that - a meme. If there's a general class balance issues with Engis that makes them not only bad in cities, but an instant loss, there should be some balance changes to stop this from happening. That, or simply cap the number of Engineers that can be put into one city instance - IF this meme is true.

Lets just start by equalizing CD reducers/increasers. I'm not alone in thinking the BO version is questionable, at least two devs seem to agree.

Ads
Xergon

Post#329 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:35 pm

I wanna see 24 WB engi in city, please make it happen
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

carthagerising

Post#330 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:44 pm

sogeou wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:55 pm
City could be good if it was like Thunder Valley which needed skill and planning, not just zerg in a ball with a premade.
Might be the funniest **** iv ever read and easily my favorite comment of the thread.

TV where 3 tard specced tanks can win every sc by standing in one spot the whole match. Yeah cities compared to that are indeed brainless :lol:.

Have you played against anyone good in city? cus if u just roll as a blob your gonna die. hard and often.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs