Recent Topics

Ads

Disabling reviving inside a keep if outer door is tagged

Let's talk about... everything else
adapter
Suspended

Re: Disabling reviving inside a keep if outer door is tagged

Post#31 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:43 am

i love the new change, ressing inside a keep when it's being sieged was kind of weird.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#32 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 am

I hate the new change, and first time for a long time I enjoy throwing and trading zones.

carthagerising

Post#33 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:13 am

So far it seems to have been positive. The attackers are now forced to cover posterns and remain active in the zones as well as at the siege itself when there is a wb inc trying to force their way inside the keep. In t3 elf the other day, we on destro forgot to prevent the entry into the keep and were unable to take the keep as a result.

It will take time for people to adapt and understand they now must do things differently but like i said so far it seems to be working out for both realms who have started to cut off the keep when sieging and move in greater numbers when attempting to reinforce.

the dynamic is now about holding the keep you are attacking once inside to prevent a critical mass getting inside. Wildly superior to the insane system of before where people chilling in altdorf or IC can just relax and walk into any keep anywhere in the wolrd with basically no pressure at all.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

zak68

Post#34 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:29 am

this change favors attackers; what about making the outer door harder to ram, to let defenders reorganize, depending on the number of battlefield objective controlled ? actually i was thinking to enable respawing inside the keep only if 3 (or more) bos are held and inner has not been hit yet.

Alterkraft

Post#35 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:19 am

Change is fine. Personally I'd increase the amount of boxes it takes to level it to 2* at least cause by the time a zone flips and you found a fight at last in the next zone, you're stuck back inside a siege again. Fun.

TreefAM

Post#36 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:22 am

Yeah give us more time to fight in the lakes. Often by the time I have two groups ready to roam and gank the bos, it's 2stars already and someone has spawned a ram.

carthagerising

Post#37 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:13 am

I think the bo idea is a good one for the next step. If 3 bos enabled releasing in the keep while outer door is alive it would allow those more interested in roaming to be a valued asset during big sieges and keep the whole zone alive rather than forcing the action to only be around the keep. That said iv no idea how much work that is for the team and we do have to always bare that in mind.

Not keen on increasing the box count for ranking the keeps honestly. The game does have quiet periods and it’s often hard motivating ppl to box run as it is. Also I imagine an increase would also increase the next ranks and make the sometimes necessary 5* even more of a chore.

If bos mattered thou, those roaming groups would probably have a good time and it would’ve demand more coordination in region which I am all for.
Carthage 91 Chosen
Macedonia 83 Kotbs

Cornerback

Post#38 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:42 am

carthagerising wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:13 am I think the bo idea is a good one for the next step. If 3 bos enabled releasing in the keep while outer door is alive it would allow those more interested in roaming to be a valued asset during big sieges and keep the whole zone alive rather than forcing the action to only be around the keep. That said iv no idea how much work that is for the team and we do have to always bare that in mind.

Not keen on increasing the box count for ranking the keeps honestly. The game does have quiet periods and it’s often hard motivating ppl to box run as it is. Also I imagine an increase would also increase the next ranks and make the sometimes necessary 5* even more of a chore.

If bos mattered thou, those roaming groups would probably have a good time and it would’ve demand more coordination in region which I am all for.
Agree. Making BOs more relevant to spread the zerg is always a good thing.
You could also do other things like "you need to control 2 BOs to be able to ram the door", tie certain benefits to holding BOs for attackers or defenders etc.
Currently, its always "Cap BOs, run supplies until 2*, then throw everything you have at the keep and ignore the BOs until the keep is down"
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Ads
StrongUn

Post#39 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:47 am

Pros:

Defenders are strong on a fortified position even with lower numbers because of: Walls + Cannons + Oil + Rdps (Yeah, that's what fortifications are meant for) and ressing at keep while defending is just another great advantage to defenders
Now roamers/gankers are even more neccesary prevent door tag and stop reinforcements not like before, when defenders were killed = insta teleport to keep
Stealthers now can fulfill their roles as assassins, killing enemy healers (defenders) prevents ressurrections
Healers are now even more important than before
Reduces stalemates (no more 10+ hours zones)

Cons:

Now lack of organisation punishes defenders and can be easily wiped, true, poorly organised attackers too

Solutions:

Better organisation required, dont go keep defense as solo (now dying is not a free teleport)
Dont overextend while defending, dont suicide on ram (you can find yourself out of healers range)

warlover

Post#40 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:07 pm

carthagerising wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:31 pm Hi all,

ok so it seems to me that we should change how the keeps work. This is due largely to the massive increase in player numbers but also the way in which many now seem to play the game.

Zones have now become quite quiet as far as fighting goes, until an attack is launched. Then suddenly, 100 or more ppl magically appear and get inside the keep, no matter what the attackers do and it can result in sieges failing over and over again due to there seeming to be a critical mass at which point a keep cannot be taken.

This happens to both sides. Recently order will reach CW and get multiple sieges underway, only for huge numbers of destro to casually stroll in and make the siege impossible, this also applies in reverse.

It would seem to be a good idea to make it so that you cannot release and get inside a keep if the outer door is tagged. This would mean that defenders would actually need to find a way through the cordon or even be in place before hand to repel the attack, rather than casually sitting in IC/altdorf waiting for a potential farm.

With the huge increase in player numbers, keeps are losing some of their fun. once there are 100s of players inside a keep you can basically forget it or at least know that the keep will now take hours to take. Surely allowing the attacker to actually siege and cut off reinforcements efficiently, while still enabling those who want to to have a way in would be for the best. I think this would be a net benefit for both sides as it seems ridiculous that you can be anywhere in the game world and get inside a keep no matter what simply by dying in the greater area of the keep. This would force defenders to perhaps sally out of a postern to hook up with their reinforcements and force people to be more active around potentially vulnerable keeps as well as making the attacker more active around the keep cutting off said reinforcements, which now is largely pointless.

Currently it seems as if many on both sides just wait for these attacks to kick off before getting involved and while back in time with the old player numbers this wasnt so bad, it seems as if the system should be re-evaluated given the much higher pops now.

If this idea is not liked, then perhaps just reducing the range at which you can get inside after dying would work but either way sieges should be adjusted to allow the attacker to actually....you know...siege.
The Problem is SOR not re-spawning in keeps STOP telling people how many people are in witch zone witch keeps are being hit etc, SOR kills the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!