Recent Topics

Ads

Replace procs on city chalices/books.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Replace procs on city chalices/books.

Post#1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:17 pm

As it currently stands- city chalices/books have proc of single resistance type buff by 252, 10% chance on heals, 20 sec duration.

The buff doesn't stacks with abilities, so as long as you have chosen/sham/zealot in your party (as in, pretty much always), it is absolutely useless- those classes can buff all (instead of single) resistances by same value or more, and it is on constant base instead of proc which is only up sometimes. Combined with average stats on city chalices/books, it makes those 100% useless.

In the entire time since city chalices/books were added, I hadn't seen a single dok using them (and judging by never seeing the buffs icons on order, hadn't seen a single wp using them as well).

Replace procs on those with something else- just straight up zealot charms procs will be welcome. Or with procs from dok/wp shields. Or with something, which will make those at least potentially useful.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
wachlarz

Re: Replace procs on city chalices/books.

Post#2 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:38 pm

+1

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:34 pm

in process...make the same for subjugator/smuggler/doomsday? chalice...that lol dps proc is totally useless, only usable to break detaunt lol

M0rw47h

Post#4 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:45 pm

There are City weapons already? I've missed something?

nuadarstark

Post#5 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:47 pm

Oh god yes, please remove the absurd and completely useless dmg proc that makes completely zero sense on the Subjugator/Smuggler/Doomsday/Fortress Tomes and Chalices.

It can break your detaunt and it's never something you'd ever want on your weapon as a healer. Find some useful proc instead, can even be something very minor.

I'm tired of running with the blue SC tome as a BiS (yes, the purple one is also good but I don't think +3 morale gen is worth losing few raw stats and grinding an absurd amount of SCs).
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Zxul

Post#6 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:37 pm

Unless they changed it, the subj chalice proc doesn't breaks detaunt actually. Tested it back in the day, vs detaunted target it did 50% dmg, but wouldn't break the detaunt.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Fenris78

Post#7 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Agreed. Both SC upgrades and Sentinel tomes are noth worth the effort, or having worse stats than blue sc ones.

Subjugator proc is utterly useless since anything a pure healer want is survivability/healing, absolutely NEVER damaging proc (it's pure nonsense).

Still sticking to my Tome or Repose waiting a better replacement - can I suggest replacing Sentinel tomes procs with healing/shield/fury gain procs ?

Fey

Post#8 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:45 pm

Run speed from epic quest weapons is fun. Wounds proc wound'nt benefit WP all that much. Divine aide also nice.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Ads
Zxul

Post#9 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:36 pm since anything a pure healer want is survivability/healing, absolutely NEVER damaging proc (it's pure nonsense).
On the side note, chalice/tome dps/hybrid dps specs, where you trade off some of the dmg for SE/RF regen, are a thing, even if they were more common before shields were added.

For that matter, they are specifically supported in game as well:

nuadarstark

Post#10 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:59 am

They are a thing, but they were never really supported in the specs and are pretty much useless since adding of the shield and reworking a lot of crucial abilitites to shield only.

To be fair, I'm not patient enough to test if the proc actually breaks the detaunt or not (also have no destro friends), but I'd be extremelly careful with any dmg proc. Plus it is useless for me as a healer anyway. Give me something that supports my spec.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov