Recent Topics

Ads

let's just remember how it was intended.

Let's talk about... everything else
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: let's just remember how it was intended.

Post#11 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:21 am

Make Ranked Scens count for Victory Points and I'm on board.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:56 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:21 am Make Ranked Scens count for Victory Points and I'm on board.
If only they would start, if 2-2-2 are found on both sides. :)
Not to mention, that winning more ranked sc than losing, gives you less and less sc pops.
Dying is no option.

Pesteavino

Post#13 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 am

Yes, BW was intended to be a glass cannon, but now devs nerfed it to 25% CRIT, a class based no doing crits to do damage, they changes everything from original game and no you Can't compare with original game

Sulorie

Post#14 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:00 am

Pesteavino wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 am Yes, BW was intended to be a glass cannon, but now devs nerfed it to 25% CRIT, a class based no doing crits to do damage, they changes everything from original game and no you Can't compare with original game
Don't spread nonsense about nerfed crit rates. They still run 35% via mechanic.
Dying is no option.

sogeou

Post#15 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:05 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:21 am Make Ranked Scens count for Victory Points and I'm on board.
Oh, we still trying to make ranked SC's a thing? You could put full sov as rewards for the end of the season of ranked and 80% of the people would not do it. Most are not interested in it. Hell most people I know log when city happens and come back once it is done.

I know you are just having fun.

sogeou

Post#16 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:08 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:00 am
Pesteavino wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 am Yes, BW was intended to be a glass cannon, but now devs nerfed it to 25% CRIT, a class based no doing crits to do damage, they changes everything from original game and no you Can't compare with original game
I was at 80% at 100% DM most times. So, there was a pretty good nerf via crit for all classes via gear as 7% was just on staff from level 37 gear from BS PQ. Just some are hit harder for it.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:19 pm

sogeou wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:08 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:00 am
I was at 80% at 100% DM most times. So, there was a pretty good nerf via crit for all classes via gear as 7% was just on staff from level 37 gear from BS PQ. Just some are hit harder for it.
Isn't he talking about the crit rate you gain from your mechanic? Otherwise the post makes no sense.
Dying is no option.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#18 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 pm

sogeou wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:05 pm
Oh, we still trying to make ranked SC's a thing? You could put full sov as rewards for the end of the season of ranked and 80% of the people would not do it. Most are not interested in it. Hell most people I know log when city happens and come back once it is done.

I know you are just having fun.
I was serious though.

Alternatively, make all R40+ scenarios use the ranked metrics. Having a special no-objective scenario for kills only clearly wasn't popular enough to survive, even during the relatively high population. No sense letting the implemented metrics go to waste right?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Omegus

Post#19 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:41 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 pmAlternatively, make all R40+ scenarios use the ranked metrics. Having a special no-objective scenario for kills only clearly wasn't popular enough to survive, even during the relatively high population. No sense letting the implemented metrics go to waste right?
Legitimately yes please. Less "6v6" / "ranked scenarios" / "special no-objective scenario for kills only" (aka Team Deathmatch), more actual objective based scenarios. WAR PVP has never been based 100% on kills, and all of the pvp modes kills are a way of achieving the objective but are not the primary objective itself.

Having Tri/Vic armour sets drop from "normal" ranked scenarios would be wonderful. Put together a smaller pool of maps that are known to work very well (Nordenwatch, Ekrund, etc) and add in some matchmaking / MMR and forced group comps in a 12v12 setting. The map itself can be random so you can't try and cheese it.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

sogeou

Post#20 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 pm I was serious though.

Alternatively, make all R40+ scenarios use the ranked metrics. Having a special no-objective scenario for kills only clearly wasn't popular enough to survive, even during the relatively high population. No sense letting the implemented metrics go to waste right?
Anything you do with ranked won't work. That is just how it is. SC's would take longer and longer to Q and people will Q less due to the prolonged wait. Lack of tanks or healers and 10 + DPS in line while not having the other classes to start a SC. I knew ranked would not work, I and others saw that.