Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Sulorie

Re: Patch Notes 22/07/2020

Post#61 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:08 am

Duukar wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:49 pm Now if they could just buff stealth to be permanent WHs and WEs could actually have some use in Orvr as wolf pack blockades.
No need to be permanent but the ability to open doors or enter buildings like tavern through backdoor, while being stealthed, would be great. I mean, we had it once and I see no single reason to justify the change.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Aethilmar

Post#62 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 am

Without the addition of extra counter mechanics (e.g. making supply runs heal more or giving the ram less health) it just makes the zerg stronger by giving them even less territory they have to defend. There is no "wait and see" here. It isn't rocket surgery.

TreefAM

Post#63 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:00 am

Aethilmar wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 am Without the addition of extra counter mechanics (e.g. making supply runs heal more or giving the ram less health) it just makes the zerg stronger by giving them even less territory they have to defend. There is no "wait and see" here. It isn't rocket surgery.
But this is wrong? You can actually block warcamps/alternate popular paths to the keep now and make it work with this. How did you come up with "less territory" before this change all you could do is sit in front of the keep and wait for the outer to come down, since there's no point blocking outer postern until inner is hit since everyone will just respawn in the keep.
This change will make the keeps that are close to warcamps easier to take, some of the examples would be
South Keep in CW for both sides
North Keep in KV for Destro
South Keep in KV for Order
South Keep in BC for Order
West Keep in TM for both sides
Avelorn Keep for both sides
And many more probably. This just hurts the lazy soloer and suicide on ram strategy.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#64 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 am

OK ... so basically,
-- if I am playing my ranged classes... get to keep early, dont leave to run to supplies, hunker down and wait for battle on inner.
--when playing a tank or healer ... get to keep early, dont leave to run to supplies, hunker down and wait for battle on inner.
-- when playing mdps ... Just sit in wc cause solo mdps dont do jack diddly in this game, and now, can't even get to a keep under siege.

Congrats, you have found one more way to make the zerg stronger and the lesser populated realm even weaker. I didn't think it was possible, but ya did it! :)
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Aethilmar

Post#65 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:41 am

TreefAM wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:00 am
Aethilmar wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:31 am Without the addition of extra counter mechanics (e.g. making supply runs heal more or giving the ram less health) it just makes the zerg stronger by giving them even less territory they have to defend. There is no "wait and see" here. It isn't rocket surgery.
But this is wrong? You can actually block warcamps/alternate popular paths to the keep now and make it work with this. How did you come up with "less territory" before this change all you could do is sit in front of the keep and wait for the outer to come down, since there's no point blocking outer postern until inner is hit since everyone will just respawn in the keep.
This change will make the keeps that are close to warcamps easier to take, some of the examples would be
South Keep in CW for both sides
North Keep in KV for Destro
South Keep in KV for Order
South Keep in BC for Order
West Keep in TM for both sides
Avelorn Keep for both sides
And many more probably. This just hurts the lazy soloer and suicide on ram strategy.
"Lazy soloer" is an oxymoron. You not only have to read what the enemy is doing but how your own side is responding with no backup in case things go sideways. You should try it, it can be fun.

But, yes, I agree that it will make keep takes easier. Which means more bag rolls with less fights. Since the game has long since moved from being about fights to farming gear I guess it all makes sense.

TreefAM

Post#66 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:44 am

Or you can actually join/form groups that are capable of making a difference in the lakes and not zergsurf?
How does this take away from fights, unless you count suiciding on the ram and funneling fights lol, all this is doing is taking the fights AWAY from the keep since now blocking warcamps and other paths makes sense.

Aanathema

Post#67 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 am

drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 am OK ... so basically,
-- if I am playing my ranged classes... get to keep early, dont leave to run to supplies, hunker down and wait for battle on inner.
--when playing a tank or healer ... get to keep early, dont leave to run to supplies, hunker down and wait for battle on inner.
-- when playing mdps ... Just sit in wc cause solo mdps dont do jack diddly in this game, and now, can't even get to a keep under siege.

Congrats, you have found one more way to make the zerg stronger and the lesser populated realm even weaker. I didn't think it was possible, but ya did it! :)

Or wait at warcamp when a siege has started, form up with a warband and try to enter the fort via a postern.

Raldoran

Post#68 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:46 am

The aspect i foresee from this will be the death of the outer door funnel unless you can guarantee you can hold them.

The moment the funnel breaks all the tanks will die without being able to get back to the inner keep and then wont be able to respawn in the inner keep without a res leaving the inner keep defenceless. Its going to lead to far more instances of leaving the outer door when it breaks to just funnel the inner instead rather than risk getting wiped on the outer and it being a free keep take

Ads
heybaws

Post#69 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:52 am

How those who defend "sieging is hard af" kind of statements explain city sieges happening 1 or 2 times per 24 hour? For now all i see is that there is no defence at all. People not defending outer nor posterns, you are extremely lucky if atleast 1/3 of defenders realm are actually made it to the keep, which means that there is no inner funnel aswell because nobody in their mind will want to funnel 100 ppl with 1 warband or even less. This change on its current state is terrible.
Also what is wrong with sieges being failed? I'm sorry for bringing it to you guys but this is not PvE game and other side have rights to defend their keeps as often as they want.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#70 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:11 am

Aanathema wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:34 am
drmordread wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:12 am OK ... so basically,

Or wait at warcamp when a siege has started, form up with a warband and try to enter the fort via a postern.
So drop the wb I had just spent 3 hours with, find a new forming wb of others like me who got cut off and try the postern? (Eataine last night when I was playing destro).

That's a sad sad solution on your end to an even crappier situation. Really? Leave the wb you are with and go find another?
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)