Recent Topics

Ads

why do so many play shaman?

Let's talk about... everything else
Zxul

Re: why do so many play shaman?

Post#11 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:58 am

Destro has 2 ranged solo friendly classes- shaman and magus. Out of those, magus has a mechanic which is much harder to manage (pets), and doesn't gets spots in endgame wbs.

Here is your answer.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Shakur

Post#12 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:39 am

why do so many play WP?

M0rw47h

Post#13 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:29 pm

Shakur wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:39 am why do so many play WP?
Because its easy.

Valarion

Post#14 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:32 pm

Shaman is a small, green, fast moving and funny class. What could be more fun than that?

I'm still waiting on Mythic to implement Night Goblin assassins.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

RORquest

Post#15 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:34 pm

storm wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:51 am Is it just looks and fun in lower levels? I really want to know what drives people to play a class that is outshined by every other class? Are you the best healer?? No.. Best single target maybe? No... Best group heal.. that has to be the reason with your 2.5 cast time...but you can reduce cast times with dps abilities..but yes those take time to cast so you get negative heals again. So what is the biggest advantage? ? 25% on hit to increase run speed.. how does this help your heals? Idk maybe keeps you alive a second longer before a WL jumps across the map to 1shot you. Sounds like a fun time. Both Dok and Zealot have group hot, that just tics in the back round while they burst heal. Oh but your supposed to use Furry of the Green....Is very situational, you need to be running a murder ball and have them all grouped as well, works well in organized city.. but otherwise.. donkey doo. So please tell me again why i see so many shamans? Your dps is not even close to AM btw lol
same reason people play ironbreaker both most popular classes yet they suck

AxelF

Post#16 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:50 pm

It's brilliant solo, people like to play solo - really no mystery.

Sulorie

Post#17 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:42 pm

It's not just the look, it's the fun on higher levels too.
Dying is no option.

Noslock

Post#18 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:27 pm

I play it for the /special.That enuff is a reason to play one.Plus its fun for solo roamin in the lakes as dps using meatshields as cannon fodder and pew pewin from distance.

Ads
storm

Post#19 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:31 pm

I think the special was better when it looped over and over. Not quite as OP as it used to be :lol:

Noslock

Post#20 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:32 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:58 am Destro has 2 ranged solo friendly classes- shaman and magus. Out of those, magus has a mechanic which is much harder to manage (pets), and doesn't gets spots in endgame wbs.

Here is your answer.
Shaman barely get 1 spot in endgame wb if you go for proper composition but ye magus/engie pet mechanic being **** is a big problem
Last edited by Noslock on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.