Recent Topics

Ads

why do so many play shaman?

Let's talk about... everything else
storm

why do so many play shaman?

Post#1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:51 am

Is it just looks and fun in lower levels? I really want to know what drives people to play a class that is outshined by every other class? Are you the best healer?? No.. Best single target maybe? No... Best group heal.. that has to be the reason with your 2.5 cast time...but you can reduce cast times with dps abilities..but yes those take time to cast so you get negative heals again. So what is the biggest advantage? ? 25% on hit to increase run speed.. how does this help your heals? Idk maybe keeps you alive a second longer before a WL jumps across the map to 1shot you. Sounds like a fun time. Both Dok and Zealot have group hot, that just tics in the back round while they burst heal. Oh but your supposed to use Furry of the Green....Is very situational, you need to be running a murder ball and have them all grouped as well, works well in organized city.. but otherwise.. donkey doo. So please tell me again why i see so many shamans? Your dps is not even close to AM btw lol
Last edited by storm on Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
M0rw47h

Re: why do so many play shaman?

Post#2 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:59 am

Mushrooms.

catholicism198

Post#3 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:17 am

People play it because it’s funny and oped in t1. It’s not uncommon to see five dps shaman in one scenario, but they tend to disappear after t1.

niikuu

Post#4 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:22 am

It's truly a mystery why people tend to play fun classes in online games.

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#5 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:16 am

Because you can beat anything 1v1 and run away and auto detaunt means you survive where AM wouldn’t have a hope. I out damage most AM in much better gear due to intel steal as well. Not dying is an overlooked benefit and it allows you to be more aggressive and get on better targets where AM couldn’t.

Likeaboss

Post#6 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:23 am

storm wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:51 am So please tell me again why i see so many shamans? Your dps is not even close to AM btw lol
Now i understand why you asked this question :lol:
Not even close to AM? lol...

-Shaman has a (new) DOT with Int buff
-240 toughness debuff
-Survivability like no other healclass
-Best healdebuff in-game

Guess that would be the most important stuff...
the only weakness of shaman, is an AM but not because AM is stronger...
AM can cleanse Shaman, but note vice versa
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

nat3s

Post#7 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:55 am

They're one of the best 1v1 classes in t4 alongside dps AM + they look cool.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

p00ky

Post#8 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:07 am

Where are all those Shamans he asks about? Or is this a T1 topic and title is missleading :D ? I would say main destro healer played is DOK by a mile.

As a main shaman myself, I would probably say those who pick it are in search of a more complex healer/support char to play than the other two as you have so much more going on in your rotations just to be able to keep up with zealot and dok heal outputs. The kiting is a fun extra as also its tiny char, allowing hiding to actually be viable while healing. Insta rezz is amazing and 1 shaman per WB is a must because of such, as also for is the aoe snare.

Fury of the green is an awsome heal and can be used in combination with your other heals and hots in just about every situation. Whats strong about it is its cast on the go (so you can use it defensively or offensively) and that it can aoe heal the other groups of the warband, not only your own. If well used, you will be fighting for top position in most SCs and will prob end top 2-3rd in city IC. Altorf is another story because of so many line of sight issues.

Then there is the dps aspect for solo roaming which is just hilarious to play and would recommend you try out to fully understand why its getting picked in the lower tiers :mrgreen:

Ads
StrongUn

Post#9 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:16 am

Because Shamans / Archmages deal good damage (close to Sorc / BW), have good CC and can heal themselves while true DDs cant

ravezaar

Post#10 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:46 am

cause dps-version are God-tier all the way up to end game
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ