Recent Topics

Ads

Altdorf City Siege - stage 3 - Throne room

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Dteekay

Altdorf City Siege - stage 3 - Throne room

Post#1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I would like to propose a change to the throne room in Altdorf during stage 3 of city siege. The one where destro portal is right into the throne room, but order portal is in another room after which order has to funnel through 2 little doorways to get into the throne room. I don't think I need to get into why that's a massive advantage for destro. My proposition is to move up the order spawn to underneath the stairs leading into the throne room (so if order releases they still have to run up the stairs to get into the lord room which would be the same distance as destro running to their portal) and make the 2 entrances into the lord room the new portal for order. This will mean both factions enter the Lord room at the same time and even the playing field for stage 3 (the most important stage right?). As of right now, destro is able to secure the Lord room instantly and order always gets funneled through the little doorways.

Other stage 3s (fountain in Altdorf and IC bridge) are pretty much mirrored for both factions but the Altdorf throne room remains clearly advantageous for Destro side. I think my proposition is fair and will make fights in Altdorf more fun!

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: Altdorf City Siege - stage 3 - Throne room

Post#2 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:57 am

I kind of agree with this. Coming from Destro side, lately all strats seem to be 'stay in throne room'. Though Order could just wait it out, and have a regular-vs-regular brawl. You know, if people have patience.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Xergon

Post#3 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 am

dont lost stage 2 as a order then its not an issue...

its perfectly fine for destro as invader to get that advantage as reward for winning stage 2, it force order to actually push in with champs alive (and u have 2 doors to do that)
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

mytreds

Post#4 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:09 am

Stage 2....where both Destro lords walk faster than order lords and don’t take 5 years to cap a bo point.

Anaerion22

Post#5 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:28 am

Xergon wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 am dont lost stage 2 as a order then its not an issue...

its perfectly fine for destro as invader to get that advantage as reward for winning stage 2, it force order to actually push in with champs alive (and u have 2 doors to do that)
Like how the throne room for IC has an obvious advantage for Order?

Oh wait....

Dteekay

Post#6 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Xergon wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:21 am dont lost stage 2 as a order then its not an issue...

Luckily we always beat you in all stages so this doesn't apply to you directly. But for other order who can't win as much this stage 3 doesn't make sense. On top of that order doesn't get anything from winning stage 2 in IC.

Noslock

Post#7 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:05 pm

Dteekay wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Luckily we always beat you in all stages so this doesn't apply to you directly. But for other order who can't win as much this stage 3 doesn't make sense. On top of that order doesn't get anything from winning stage 2 in IC.
They always beat you xergon. Git gud

mekal

Post#8 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Since were asking for funnel changes I would like to propose a change to stage 1

Order gets a massive advantage and buggy af funnel on the stairs leading up to the gate that the npc need to destroy

The doorway thats there is so tiny and blocks all healing /damage keeping order completely safe while the destro that run through are completely cut off since again you can not heal them or assist with damage even with direct line of sight unless you manage to make it through also

To add to that buggy mess if destro makes it past order has another hard funnel with those dual staircases that lead to the balcony over the gate where the range dps and healers are 100% safe

And oh that balcony above the gate guess what you can park bw/engi up there to pick off destro while they're stuck outside
Anaerion22 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:28 am

Oh wait....
Like how destro has that shitty walkway in ic that you can easily punt people off

Ads
Dteekay

Post#9 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:06 pm

mekal wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:54 pm Since were asking for funnel changes I would like to propose a change to stage 1

Order gets a massive advantage and buggy af funnel on the stairs leading up to the gate that the npc need to destroy

The doorway thats there is so tiny and blocks all healing /damage keeping order completely safe while the destro that run through are completely cut off since again you can not heal them or assist with damage unless you manage to make it through also

To add to that buggy mess if destro makes it past order has another hard funnel with those dual staircases that lead to the balcony over the gate where the range dps and healers are 100% safe

And oh that balcony above the gate guess what you can park bw/engi up there to pick off destro while they're stuck outside
Anaerion22 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:28 am

Oh wait....
Like how destro has that shitty walkway in ic that you can easily punt people off
Alright. I understand your point and it would definitely make sense if MY post was called "Submit your ideas on city changes." Feel free to make a post with your proposed change and we can comment on it. Saying "OMG LOOK THIS IS BROKEN TOO" isn't goddamn discussion of the proposed issue.

And there isn't a place you can punt people off in stage 3 of either City and either environment?

Detangler

Post#10 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:48 pm

If you, as the defenders, lose stage 2, then you should be put at a disadvantaged fight location. It works for both sides. Destro can be easily camped in IC throne defense. Don't change throne room layout - working as intented.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable