Recent Topics

Ads

Mounts bugged

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Gladpadda

Mounts bugged

Post#1 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:47 am

Hey! I've been having this bug on my mounts and everyone i see, Im standing ontop of it and so is eveyone else that i see? Ive whispered people cause i thought it was a generall problem, but they said its ''Normal'' for then.

No idea what to do to get rid of this bug, ive searched the forums, cant find any answers.

Ads
Tom

Re: Mounts bugged

Post#2 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:00 pm

I have it too... :( Been bugged for me since the day the event with the giant monster in Chaos Wastes started a few weeks ago now. Looks the same as you describe, and on top of it, melee squigs show with various hillarious bug variations.. such as big squig riding a small squig, small squig with Ork sized BIG cloak riding wolf, etc, and all my chars (and others) look like they carry invisible canoes.

T'was suggested to me to use the "Repair" option on the launcher and have tried it a bunch of times but no luck, I also was suggested to move the RoR folder out of C drive, tried that for a while, no difference.

Kaelang

Post#3 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:59 pm

Move your game directory out of Program Files.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Gladpadda

Post#4 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:01 pm

Could you Elaborate? Im not that good with computer things lol.

Lilim
Community Management

Post#5 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Spoiler:
Gladpadda wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:01 pm Could you Elaborate? Im not that good with computer things lol.

Hey,

quick and in other words,
  • you should put the whole RoR folder in c:\
  • and check your directory rights (uncheck all "Read Only" in the whole directory)
  • oh and if you move your whole game folder, check if it's still whitelisted (antivir programm)

Gnash

Post#6 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:13 am

Lilim wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:52 pm
Spoiler:
Gladpadda wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:01 pm Could you Elaborate? Im not that good with computer things lol.

Hey,

quick and in other words,
  • you should put the whole RoR folder in c:\
  • and check your directory rights (uncheck all "Read Only" in the whole directory)
  • oh and if you move your whole game folder, check if it's still whitelisted (antivir programm)
Kaelang wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:59 pm Move your game directory out of Program Files.
Since Program Files is in C:/ already, should I technically drag the RoR directory out of Program Files directory, then drop it directly into C:/ ? Secondly I successfully unticked the Read Only status for the RoR directory and all subfolders, etc., so gtg there. Third, and exceedingly stupidly, Mcafee LiveSafe (antivir) provides nothing remotely resembling a whitelist for programs/directories/apps... More specifically, there's nothing Server Side 'looking' for RoR to be whitelisted, correct? Lilim is just being fastidious in offering one more thing client side that could bug out the mount, yes?

I'm buggin' about this mount bug because the only way my Significant Other (whom you all know and love/hate to respective personal degrees) was able to fix the mount bug as explained to her (empty RoR's Cache) was to uninstall and redownload/reinstall RoR in its entirety, which is painful to watch and which fixed the bug for her, and not something I enjoy performing and do not relish the idea of for myself. As was mentioned above, I too find nothing of benefit toward a definitive fix for this bug in any of my various and numerous queries here on the forums. That night, some months ago, when she was listening to the advice offered by her RoR family, everything listed by Kaelang and Lilim above was suggested repeatedly. Not to be flippant, because I am a know-nothing in this realm, if the list above, in whole or parts, remedies this uncomfortable to look at visual bug, and which affects every player in RoR, bafflingly to present date, why has it not been officially stickied so players can get back to spurring mounts in their haunches instead of their spines?

Lastly, and from the bottom of my heart, with deep appreciation and utmost sincerity, both for myself and especially so for my significant other whom you all see daily as she stands with you shoulder to shoulder, or against you, toe to toe: Thank you, each and every dev and mod, past and present, for all the personal and voluntary time you invest in our home sweet home away from home, missing out by choice and diligence on time that would be invested in your families and personal aspirations. That alone puts all of you at the top of my "Hero List". The fact that all of you, through purpose and dream alike, wrested the spirit of W.A.R. from the grip of dEAth, that ever present and threatening fiend, whose thirst is not slaked no matter how many careers it has devoured nor studios it has expunged in its ghoulish wake; and raising the resurrected RoR in the center of Our Family, the heart of our Collective Desire to just be back in that place that none of us wished to lose in the first place; that place that never should have been taken from Us in the first place: You (all) are the antithesis of the dEAth Corp. and the epitome of selfless generosity; Gods among gods and gawdz.

May the roads always rise to meet you,
May the winds (of Chaos) be always at your backs...
Huzzah!
WAAAGH!!!
Good Hunting.
"You're not 'someone' in this world until you're hated."
-GaruchillaJoe

"Warison"
-A bugle call to attack

Valarion

Post#7 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:59 pm

I'd actually recommend creating a new read/writable parent directory under C:\ for the game files to avoid other conflicts and to host all your other games. If you have a second hardrive at your disposal, you can even place this on D:\. This is not only more secure, but its potentially faster if its a faster harddrive.

For example, I use D:\Games\Warhammer..... and give D:\Games full read/write access to user or everyone.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Akalukz

Post#8 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:18 pm

copy your spouses files to yours. Only thing you would lose would be UI / Key mappings.
-= Agony =-

Ads
gogopher

Post#9 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:41 am

tried steps 1-3 and nothing...still standing on mount...further every time i unclick read only the next time i access the folder its right back to read only...any other ideas?