Recent Topics

Ads

Next SW patch

Let's talk about... everything else
wachlarz

Re: Next SW patch

Post#21 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:58 am

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:24 am Aza and nath were great devs.
for order sure. Wl crazy Op.

Ads
catholicism198

Post#22 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 am

wachlarz wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:58 am
That was neither Aza’s or nath’s doing.

wachlarz

Post#23 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:08 am

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:03 am
wachlarz wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:58 am
That was neither Aza’s or nath’s doing.
So they weren't Dev at the time?

detrap

Post#24 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:36 am

Kobra wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:13 pm
ThePainTrain wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:25 pm Maybe for the next patch the Devs can just delete the SW class altogether. Then the final phase of your SW rework will be complete!!!
So because SW's aren't the I-Win button of the week anymore, they are dead?

rSW's are still very good and still better than rSH.

Assault SW's are absolutely still deadly OP to most people. I really think the dmg change was done so they aren't bursting down tanks in 4 GCD's. It was absolutely a fair change. I'm just thankful most people haven't caught on to aSW or the server would be a bigger mess than it is with all of the WL's...
100% agree, throw in a WW SM and some of their abilities no cd. People mix up the difference between a fix and a nerf. Tear's of some of the SW mains are blind to logical responses like these.
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

UnspeakableOath

Post#25 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:10 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:52 am
UnspeakableOath wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:43 am
wargrimnir wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:22 pm

We've received feedback that has been good, bad, overpowered, underpowered, ruined the class, delete the class, devs are stupid/incompetent/spiteful etc. Clearly people don't know what to think, and the angery bois are always going to be the loudest. So when we see there's good feedback mixed in with the bad, it's a sign there might be some significant exaggeration on how dead a class is. Personally I can't stand feedback that is wildly over the top, so I mostly roll my eyes and scroll on past. Bait threads like this one are prime to get locked and the poster warned, but hey when you only have one post on the forums I guess you're not losing much to get your "feedback" out there.

Some of you have developed a reputation for being incessant trolls, so even if you might have some hint of a constructive thought, I'm not remotely interested. There's plenty of other people out there who can hold a conversation without devolving to hyperbolic fallacy and troll baiting.
Thanks for the reply.

Can we have some kind of roadmap or statement on what the intentions of the changes are so that we can tailor our expectations and give more focused feedback?

I understand that iterative changes on live software is a difficult process to track when you have hundreds or thousands of end users who all have different goals, levels of commitment, and diversity of stake in the outcome of the changes. I work as a consultant in my professional life providing support for exactly these kinds of business processes.

As I said in a previous post, help us help you. Give us some structure on providing feedback, your goals in this implementation, and what your expectations as developers are.

Also, as an aside, your communications are very...terse. Accusing players of being trolls and being hyperbolic doesn’t really help facilitate open lines of communication. My advice would be to ignore the trolls and overreactors, and respond to people who are earnestly trying to help.

I know this is a labor of love and not a commercial product, but facilitating healthy, actionable feedback is key to making this thing we all love and find value in actually work and grow.

Let’s work together.
We have enough help. People want what they want, and everyone wants a say on balance. At the end of the day these things are planned out internally using concepts and ideas drawn from the community or hashed out internally. This isn't a community project, you're the result of the project development going as well as it has. This is very much a closed project with a pretty tight lid on letting people join the team. We're not looking for, or interested in, professional consultants trying to bridge a gap that we intentionally created.
I want to be clear here that I was not, in any way, asking to join the development team or offering my services.

I was just trying to ask the team to give us, as USERS, a feedback format that is most conducive to your process and let us in on what the goals and plans for the SW remake.

agemennon675

Post#26 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:01 pm

If the purpose of the SW rework was to make it useless/unwanted on every aspect of the game; its going pretty well so far because the following words never been written in /5: LF a SW insert(RvR warband, any pve, city warband, roaming) You can also check guild recruitments, Hardcore/semi-casual guilds will never put SW recruitments. Why would they ? Lol.
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Valarion

Post#27 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:01 pm

ThePainTrain wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:25 pm Maybe for the next patch the Devs can just delete the SW class altogether. Then the final phase of your SW rework will be complete!!!

Wargrimnir must have the patience of Sigmar today, because I cant fathom how this post hasnt been locked or deleted with a sledgehammer. Lets try to keep the discussion mature here.

Yes SW is probably still a steaming turd of a ranged class, but if you have ideas on how to change/fix the class then by all means submit them under feedback. This game is still alpha and the devs/gms DO read and are open to intelligent changes here, except when you act like an XXX when doing it.
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

istvar

Post#28 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:46 pm

Valarion wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:01 pm

Wargrimnir must have the patience of Sigmar today, because I cant fathom how this post hasnt been locked or deleted with a sledgehammer. Lets try to keep the discussion mature here.

Yes SW is probably still a steaming turd of a ranged class, but if you have ideas on how to change/fix the class then by all means submit them under feedback. This game is still alpha and the devs/gms DO read and are open to intelligent changes here, except when you act like an XXX when doing it.
Did you actually read Wargs last response?
He pretty much said they intentionally created a gap between the community and the dev team and they have 0 interest in your input if you aren’t part of the grp they consider „plenty of help already“

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#29 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:10 pm

istvar wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:46 pm

He pretty much said they intentionally created a gap between the community and the dev team and they have 0 interest in your input if you aren’t part of the grp they consider „plenty of help already“
Did YOU read my last post? I said we use community feedback as one base for balance changes but discussions about it are held internally. The community isn't useless, we're just not actively engaging with them. Maybe look around at the community shitposting that's rampant and understand why.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

jonspidy

Post#30 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:42 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:10 pm
istvar wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:46 pm

Did YOU read my last post? I said we use community feedback as one base for balance changes but discussions about it are held internally. The community isn't useless, we're just not actively engaging with them. Maybe look around at the community shitposting that's rampant and understand why.
Thats why theres so much shitposting going on. By not actively engaging with the community it leaves us in the dark with whats going on. People are angry over the constant nerfs to Order and not receiving any clarity or hearing anything about it besides "its overperforming" doesn't help. Tons of skills are overperforming on destro but are left untouched.
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."