Recent Topics

Ads

Respawning in the keep as defenders

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Vigfuss

Re: Respawning in the keep as defenders

Post#11 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:16 pm

Seems to me the game could be a lot more tactical if you couldn't respawn inside your keep. I'm not sure if that's the right thing to change, but it might promote some more interesting gameplay.
Fusscle of Critical Acclaim

Ads
Miszczu5647

Post#12 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:34 pm

I see Vigfuss that you get my point :)

Dabbart - that is exactly what I want. Soloing is high reward/high risk job. I know this as I am soloing sometimes with my WE.
But I can agree with you that sometimes healers are blind. If you don't have healer and die and then some other group shows up they just walk away. Sometimes (>50% :D ).
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen

Gachimuchi

Post#13 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Dabbart wrote: Uh. Yea, if you have a healer IN the keep, and you die within 100ft of the keep and LoS, then they can rezz you. The point is, if you take 2 WBs, 1 who's entire job is just to keep the enemy from getting to their keep, and the other to take BOs, you can all but garuntee an undefended keep. And once you take a hold of the keep, getting into 100ft of the outer wall can be nigh impossible. Not to mention each time you fail you have to walk from the WC back to the keep.
And this is a bad thing why? If people want to have the advantage of defending a keep for freenown and bags then they can get there 5 minutes before instead of when the zerg is beating down the door.

L2P issue tbh
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

Dabbart

Post#14 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Spoiler:
Gachimuchi wrote:
Dabbart wrote: Uh. Yea, if you have a healer IN the keep, and you die within 100ft of the keep and LoS, then they can rezz you. The point is, if you take 2 WBs, 1 who's entire job is just to keep the enemy from getting to their keep, and the other to take BOs, you can all but garuntee an undefended keep. And once you take a hold of the keep, getting into 100ft of the outer wall can be nigh impossible. Not to mention each time you fail you have to walk from the WC back to the keep.
And this is a bad thing why? If people want to have the advantage of defending a keep for freenown and bags then they can get there 5 minutes before instead of when the zerg is beating down the door.

L2P issue tbh
Fair enough. I don't think it'll achieve what you want though. That 5min before will be an hour or never leaving. But, neither of we'll see.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#15 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:25 am

Wounds should be reduced to half when rezzing inside the keep.

Aluviya

Post#16 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:28 pm

I would like to reactivate the discussion about respawning in keeps. This feature seems very outdated in the todays rvr - especially with defender numbers exceeding 300 or more in EU-Primetime. Its impossible to take a keep by good organisation or by strategic decisions - only by numbers that are massively higher than the defenders. The strategic component of trying to prevent defenders from reaching the keep is completely deactivated by the keep respawning option- whole herds of unorganised pugs and warbands are purposely wiping into the keep range to "defend" a keep. In some zones, with the system picking keeps for the realms randomly , some keeps are extremely easy to reach and respawn within the keep range -for example thickmuckpit in badlands-. This usually results in the fact that in a very short time - while oil is beeing set in very small intervals by the defenders and a ram has to be replaced by attackers, the defending side completely exceeds the numbers of attackers which eventually results in a push by the defenders. My suggestion: make a respawn within keep range- while a siege is happening- cost a small amount of realm ressources and eventually result in a decrease of a keeps starlevel. This would make backdoors available again over time and also set a realms progress in a zone back - which is actually very realistic as defending a keep should be also actually consuming a realms ressources to maintain a defense.

Brickson

Post#17 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:32 pm

I'm jumping on or sneaking up the ram in the backline all the time with my wh. I think my record was taking 6% of the ram in one go, because destros took so long to notice it.

On the one hand it feels kind of stupid, that I'm allowed to start these suicide missions over and over again this easily. On the other hand it's at least a way to feel like you're actually contributing something to the defense as a wh ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Gurf

Post#18 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:11 pm

Don't see a problem with the current system as it gives the faction with the lower numbers some time to get to a keep to prepare defence, otherwise the zerg can just jump zone and pve a keep stopping anyone from ever getting in.

Ads
Detangler

Post#19 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:32 pm

Gurf wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:11 pm Don't see a problem with the current system as it gives the faction with the lower numbers some time to get to a keep to prepare defence, otherwise the zerg can just jump zone and pve a keep stopping anyone from ever getting in.
This.

If you wanna make a change to anything, make it so respawning in keep is disabled at 50% outer door.

Be careful what you wish for. 100% disabling keep respawns will drastically increase the frequency of zone flips by ninja zerging keeps, increasing zone flip bags for everyone, and making city sieges pop 2+ times a day.

Ok, on second thought, yeah disable respawning in keeps. Let's farm some royals!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Aluviya

Post#20 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:56 am

Detangler wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:32 pm
Gurf wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:11 pm Don't see a problem with the current system as it gives the faction with the lower numbers some time to get to a keep to prepare defence, otherwise the zerg can just jump zone and pve a keep stopping anyone from ever getting in.
This.

If you wanna make a change to anything, make it so respawning in keep is disabled at 50% outer door.

Be careful what you wish for. 100% disabling keep respawns will drastically increase the frequency of zone flips by ninja zerging keeps, increasing zone flip bags for everyone, and making city sieges pop 2+ times a day.

Ok, on second thought, yeah disable respawning in keeps. Let's farm some royals!
I am not asking for disabling the respawn in keep. But it should go with costs - which is the loss of realm resources to that zone.
And @Gurf it gives way too much time to "prepare" defense as the whole current keep mechanic with frequent oil spawn and ram having to be moved results in keep fights that take ages to open even first gate-in fact defending keeps is way way easier than attacking keeps - and with people simply dieing into the keep and defend it especially in EU-Prime its impossible taking a keep with equal or almost equal numbers. Also why should defenders be favoured in having more time to prepare defense? Attackers have to invest even more time gathering ressources to level up the keep, get the ram safely to the keep. I simply don't see why the realm that is slacking should be actually even awarded with excessive preparation time - usually its obviously enough which zones will be sieged.