Recent Topics

Ads

KOTBS or BG

Let's talk about... everything else
jonathanmurphy3

Re: KOTBS or BG

Post#31 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:40 am

BG had an Armor Debuff; the KOTBS did not. That alone - coupled with its abilities (iirc some ignored armour/a component of defense) - made it a better DPS tank than the KOTBS.

Anti-detaunt meant a LOT if you were focusing healers.

Ether Dance was always used because SM DPS didn't rely so much on big AA Crits. Ether Dance crits - with the Blurring Shock proc = nice damage. Not too sure about Enraged Beating. T'ree Hit Combo was used, too.
Spoiler:
Sanguish
Magus
R12/RR20

Ungoliante
Witch Elf
R12/RR20

Ancalagorn
Chosen
R12/RR20

Maedhros
White Lion
R12/RR20
Leader of Lupus Deus Est (Destro) - a competitive small-scale PvP Guild

Ads
Vraal

Post#32 » Mon May 25, 2015 10:58 am

The question isn't so much concerning a specific class but is more a general question.
Do channeled abilities cancel out AA procs?
Vraal / / Khalik

Deadpoet

Post#33 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:06 am

I never played bg past t1, but I do remember seeing some blackguards in later tiers soloing full order groups easily, and I do remember having read about bg's survivability in several Bioware Warhammer forum threads stating that blackguard can be the tankiest most survivable tank of all 6 tank classes. I take a look at bg's middle tree and can't disagree: the array of survival tools at bg's disposal is simply mindblowing. Obviously, the people who stated that bg's can get tankier than any other also admitted that if survival was pushed to the extreme a blackguard deals no damage and is absolutely useless to a group, while kotbs, even when specced for survivability is still very useful.

Ototo

Post#34 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:14 am

Vraal wrote:The question isn't so much concerning a specific class but is more a general question.
Tested a couple times with Mara. Im not 100% sure about off-hand auto-attack, but main-hand auto-attack definitively is canceled during the Mara Channel attack of Brutality ("Convulsive Slashing").
Spoiler:

Sulorie

Post#35 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:16 am

Vraal wrote:The question isn't so much concerning a specific class but is more a general question.
What AA procs?
During channel abilities AA is stopped. You still get "on hit" procs.
Dying is no option.

TemplarvanVoytz

Post#36 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 am

I wonder who I have to email to have this little game shut down? Oh what a game we're about to have!

Sulorie

Post#37 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:59 am

TemplarvanVoytz wrote:I wonder who I have to email to have this little game shut down? Oh what a game we're about to have!
You don't think they already know? :roll:

You can run kotbs with 2h, when you have 2 in your group. Shield is mandatory alone for the crit buffs.
Dying is no option.

Vraal

Post#38 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Ototo wrote:
Tested a couple times with Mara. Im not 100% sure about off-hand auto-attack, but main-hand auto-attack definitively is canceled during the Mara Channel attack of Brutality ("Convulsive Slashing").
Thanks for testing. It would be interesting to test out which skill will therefore be a DPS-loss and which are actually worthwhile once we hit T4.
Vraal / / Khalik

Ads
Coryphaus

Post#39 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:06 pm

Sulorie wrote:
TemplarvanVoytz wrote:I wonder who I have to email to have this little game shut down? Oh what a game we're about to have!
You don't think they already know? :roll:

You can run kotbs with 2h, when you have 2 in your group. Shield is mandatory alone for the crit buffs.

running 2 kobs is a waste tbt just like running 2 chosens, its better to have 1 kobs + 1 ib

Sulorie

Post#40 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:13 pm

Coryphaus wrote: running 2 kobs is a waste tbt just like running 2 chosens, its better to have 1 kobs + 1 ib
IB is only good when assisting mdps. Not all groups run with slayers. :P
Dying is no option.