Recent Topics

Ads

Healing nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
emiliorv
Suspended

Re: Healing nerf

Post#101 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 am

blechkautz wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:10 pm
emiliorv wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:59 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:44 pm
Spoiler:
Actualy it can crit even for 2400, but honestly any focused target is usualy healing debuffed by 50% so it goes down to 1200 on CRIT. Meanwhile RP has spammable 1k crit on instant no CD one, with chance to trigger absorb shield.
2400 hp....that numbers are only realistic for order side (with all those +% heal bonus you have), but not for the destro side...iirc on my dok the crits are around 1500 hp.

For sure, isnt the "best ST heal in game" => as others said, ZE/RP have instant st heal wich heals like this one...and also can proc abs shield or +25% heal buff.
You can reach 2,4k crits on Khaine's Invigoration easyly. Even 3k is possible without softcapped wp. 1250 (baseheal for ca. 850 wp + 15p into heal tree)*1,55(max crit multiplyer)*(1+0.25 (Zealot healbuff)+0.25(Shaman Shrug it off)+0.15(Chosen tactic)) = 3k+ (with chosen m2 you reach numbers order can only dream of btw...)
Im not talking about situations where all the planets have to be aligned, im talking of focused mending (+15% incoming heal from KOTBS) and exalted defenses (+20% outgoing heal for WP) => KOTBS+WP are core clases of any grp, and that tactics are used for mostly of them. So if you take the (aprox) 1700 hp crit from DoK and add +15% (Kotbs)+20% (WP) = 2346 hp => that can be done in a VERY COMMON SITUATION .

(NOTE: im not taking in consideration the +25% from RP because zealot have the same tactic/buff)
Last edited by emiliorv on Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Grimfang
Suspended

Post#102 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:48 am

rulke32 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:10 pm
Nekkma wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 pm Giving dok/wp arguably the best single target heal in the game was perhaps the most horrible class balance change in a long list of horrible class changes on live.
It’s almost as if the cast times and costs are different. Imagine it costing 55 of your main resource and healing for significantly less on a 1s cast. Everyone knows healing energy is the best st heal.

Zxul

Post#103 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:37 pm

Grimfang wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:48 am
rulke32 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:10 pm
Nekkma wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:23 pm Giving dok/wp arguably the best single target heal in the game was perhaps the most horrible class balance change in a long list of horrible class changes on live.
It’s almost as if the cast times and costs are different. Imagine it costing 55 of your main resource and healing for significantly less on a 1s cast. Everyone knows healing energy is the best st heal.
Thing is, it doesn't matter how much can it heal for, if once dok/wp used it the enemy team has 4.5 sec to burst the target at their leisure, with dok/wp only having team heal (1 sec cast, and costing 60 resources) and hots to keep the focused target alive.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#104 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:08 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:37 pm Thing is, it doesn't matter how much can it heal for, if once dok/wp used it the enemy team has 4.5 sec to burst the target at their leisure, with dok/wp only having team heal (1 sec cast, and costing 60 resources) and hots to keep the focused target alive.
Its almost as if you can have 2 healers in a party. It isnt the amount it heals its that it heals from another resource pool. The other healers would love a second resource pool.

lyncher12

Post#105 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:33 pm

you are also casting 2 hots cleanse and other heals with a gcd in between each so the 5 second cooldown really isn't that noticeable

Foofmonger

Post#106 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:31 pm

After the morale nerf, DPS being out of sync with healing (and just general EHP mitigation, I wouldn't say it's all healings fault), is fairly obvious.

I've had city fights that have literally only ended when we've gotten ported to the next stage, because nobody can kill/wipe anyone else.

At this point, if you have roughly balanced groups in terms of gear/skill, it's basically a couple kill slog fight for 10-15-20 minutes due to the lack of being able to properly pressure or stop the rez chain.

Zxul

Post#107 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:22 pm

Grimfang wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:08 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:37 pm Thing is, it doesn't matter how much can it heal for, if once dok/wp used it the enemy team has 4.5 sec to burst the target at their leisure, with dok/wp only having team heal (1 sec cast, and costing 60 resources) and hots to keep the focused target alive.
Its almost as if you can have 2 healers in a party. It isnt the amount it heals its that it heals from another resource pool. The other healers would love a second resource pool.
Dok/wp job in party is to keep the party alive vs aoe pressure. It healing from another resource pool doesn't matters since you won't use it while doing your primary job, and since when you have to switch from your primary job to keeping a focused target alive its not the resources that are your problem.
lyncher12 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:33 pm you are also casting 2 hots cleanse and other heals with a gcd in between each so the 5 second cooldown really isn't that noticeable
I can guarantee you you won't be casting hots while trying to keep the focused target alive, those should be precast anyway. And while casting 2 hots cleanse ets, you won't be using a single target heal as it is.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Grimfang
Suspended

Post#108 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:34 am

Zxul wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:37 pm Dok/wp job in party is to keep the party alive vs aoe pressure. It healing from another resource pool doesn't matters since you won't use it while doing your primary job, and since when you have to switch from your primary job to keeping a focused target alive its not the resources that are your problem.
While there are braindead players that just spam groupheals none stop of course you put that heal in the rotation. Its a resource free heal. Its like having a clarity proc every 5s. The whole point of their mechanic was having these fast heals but you had to heal from your mechanic points. It covers dok/wp one built in weakness.

Ads
rulke32

Post#109 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:45 am

i am also sure that my wp would love to be able to take 2 AP potions every minute or have +ap on different items or benefit from the ap reg tools from other classes. I am also sure that my wp would love to have the same cost & benefit ratio ion grp heals like other classes. Heal the half cost the half...

but y it is how it is

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#110 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:58 am

rulke32 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:45 am
i am also sure that my wp would love to be able to take 2 AP potions every minute or have +ap on different items or benefit from the ap reg tools from other classes. I am also sure that my wp would love to have the same cost & benefit ratio ion grp heals like other classes. Heal the half cost the half...

but y it is how it is
yeah all healers benefit from all the resuorces to regain AP from their own tactics or from grp => dok/wp gains nothing from all those +ap items/tactics/grp buffs+auras...

Whats the sense behind that "restorative burst" regain AP from heal crits on WP/DoK?? => heal crits must reagain heal resources....why every other healer can benefit from this tactic (core in most cases) and dok/wp gains nothing from it?